Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TNA has gone downhill... okay, that's a little generous, but I think you get the jist of it in that one sentence. We can all remember the glory days of TNA, that era between 2003 and 2005, where the only thing we had to bitch about was Jeff Jarrett's domination of the product. Back when the ring had six sides, there was 20 minutes of wrestling for every 3 minutes of talking, and the matches were actually worth watching. Before Hogan, Russo and Bischoff, or as I like to call them, “The Unholy Trinity of Wrestling”, came into the equasion. Before TNA became a wasteland of Ex-WWE stars who DO NOT deserve their spot and friends of the Unholy Trinity of wrestling. And it is because of those memories that it is sad to see what TNA has become. A product that had nothing but potential has become a cesspool, the late-WCW of our time. Alot of people out there say that TNA has no chanse in hell of ever returning to their glory days. I, however, like to be on the optomistic side, and I have decided that, for my first ever guest column, I will talk about five simple ways that TNA can return to the company that we KNOW it can be! Please note, I am not saying that TNA WILL change if it follows these five steps. This is only the tip of the iceberg for TNA, and it will need to do MUCH more then this if it wants to become even a VAGUE threat to WWE. Also, I would also like to point out that I am NOT saying I could run TNA, which seems to be one of the first comments for ANYONE who wants to write something like this. I am simply saying what I would like to see happen. I am a TNA fan, and I want to see the company turn around, but I would not be able to run TNA, or any wrestling company, for that matter. But, with that said, here is my list of 5 things TNA should do if they want to turn around.

5- Focus on the X Division

This is what drew fans into TNA in the first place, the evolution of the Cruiserweight division. And this could easily be one of the major things to not only get old fans to return, but new fans to pay attention. On the current roster (According to tnawrestling.com, anyway) you have superstars like Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick, Douglas Williams, Jay Lethal, Kazarian, Kiyoshi and Shark Boy. That's a pretty decent start for a re-focusing of the X Division. Personally, I feel that Red VS Kaz would be the DREAM feud to make the X Division mean something again, and you could build on that. Red and Kaz could easily make great focal points for the X Division, just as Joe, AJ and Daniels did back in the good ol' days. That being said, it's really hard to build an entire division off of 6 people, but we'll get to that in a second.

4- Focus on the Tag Division

That's another thing that the TNA of old had over WWE, and to an extent, they still do. With WWE breaking up alot of their big teams (Cryme Time, the Dudebusters and the Hart Dynasty, to name a few), TNA could easily become THE place to watch tag team wrestling again, but ONLY IF THEY DON'T MAKE WWE'S MISTAKE!!! They recently broke up Team 3D, and are making it look like the Motor City Machine Gun's days are close to being numbered, as well. Right now, they have Jordan & Young, the Motor City Machine Guns, Generation ME, Gunner & Murphy (I guess TECHNICALLY they're a team), Beer Money INC and Ink Inc, and it wouldn't be that hard to bring back the British Invasion (Magnus & Rob Terry), Team 3D (Bubba & D-Von) or LAX (Homicide & Hernandez... probably wouldn't take much to re-hire Homicide). Assuming those few teams reformed, you have eight-nine great teams (And... well, Gunner & Murphy), which is a really good number for a tag team division. Reestablish the division with top teams like MCMG and Beer Money feuding with guy's like Ink Inc and Generation ME (Yes, the Gun's had a feud with them, but what have they done with the Generation since that feud? Exactly!) without burying the top dogs, and you have a booming division.

3- Focus on the Knockouts Division

I swear, this is the last “Focus On” on this list, but in all three cases, this could help set TNA apart from WWE. The WWE doesn't even HAVE a Cruiserweight division, hence emphesis on the X Division. WWE's tag division is in shambles, so put a spotlight on the tag teams. And since WWE has focused the women's division on super models since Trish left, this is another spot where TNA could shine, and have before. It wasn't that long ago that Roxxi, ODB, Gail and Kong were focal points of the show just as much as AJ and Joe were, and were putting on matches just as good as AJ and Joe were. But, just like WWE in 2004, TNA has dropped the ball, focusing more on sex appeal then actual wrestling talent. The reinventing of the Womens division will come in two parts here.

First off, get rid of the Womens Tag titles. There are, what, 2 women teams in TNA? This belt is kind of useless (Okay, it's VERY useless), and I don't think anybody will mind, or even NOTICE if the belts were retired in a humble way like WWE retired the Cruiserweight titles. All it does is water down the already-watered-down division even more.

Second off, focus on the girls who can actually wrestle! Right now, Madison Rayne is champion. Don't get me wrong, she's leaps and bounds better then Eve (WWE's diva's champion right now), but she isn't Lita by any means. TNA has girls like Angeina Love, Daffney, Mickie James, Sarita, Tara and Winter under contract, so put the focus on them! I can't even REMEMBER the last time I saw Daffney on TV, yet Madison's blatant-Vickie-Guerrero-Rip-Off ass is shoved down my throat every time I want to watch women's wrestling! Let Mickie win the belt, then have her feud with Tara for the title! Then have the winner of that feud go on to face Daffney! Bringing back the Knockouts division and the X Division are going to be a pretty similar formula- get the two men/women who can perform the best in a feud for the belt, while hosting extraordinary matches with the other stars of the division as well! The Knockouts division is SLIGHTLY better off then the X Division,, since they have that extra person, but it's my strong belief that you need at least 8-10 stars in a division for it to flourish. So, what about the other 1-3 slots open? Again, we'll get to that in a second.

2- FIRE THE PEOPLE WHO DESERVE TO BE FIRED!

In all honesty, there's some people that just need to be let go. Of course, you have the obvious candidates for that, the Unholy Trinity of wrestling. But if you dig a little deeper, there's people who are under contract that can, and should be let go, due to offering nothing and/or watering down the product. Those people include (In my opinion) Chelsea (Who was Desmond Wolfe's valet... speakings of, as 1.5, I guess, PUT DESMOND ON TV!!!! Amazng talent who is being wasted), Don West (Jeremy Borash could just as easily plug a product as Don), Gunner & Murphy (Let's face it, the tag team division, and TNA, will be just fine without those jobbers), Karen Jarrett (Isn't the ex wife/girlfriend angle kind of stale? Besides, she doesn't even wrestle, and really isn't even a valet!), Mick Foley (Don't get me wrong, I love Mick, but if your not gonna put him on TV in a promenant role, you might as well get rid of him... or better yet, release Mike Tenay and put Mick on commentary with Taz!), Ric Flair (He's a joke in TNA), Robbie E and Cookie (Cookie doesn't even wrestle, and Robbie E isn't spectacular, either. Send em' back to Jersey), SoCal Val (What does she even DO?), Scott Steiner (Useless in 2002-03 when WWE had him, useless in the Main Event Mafia, useless now) and Tommy Dreamer (I love Tommy, but he doesn't want to be a backstage guy, and that's what TNA wants him to be. If your not gonna have him on TV, let him make a HAPPY living on the Indy circut). Some of these may seem contravercial, but if your not doing something to HELP the product, then your HURTING the product.

1- A mass hiring

Okay, Mass might be too big a word. And I already know that some of you are saying “TNA has too many people as it is! You mean to tell me that you think TNA should let go people I like AND hire more people?”. My answer is YES! TNA needs to hire more people to fill out the X Division, Tag Division and Knockouts division, as well as more valid mid carders and main eventers. I will break this list down into four parts- X Division, Knockouts, Tag Teams and Ext. Note: I am not saying that TNA should hire ALL OF THESE PEOPLE!!!. Truthfully, TNA only needs another one or two teams, maybe two knockouts, three X-Division guy's and maybe another guy on the main roster. I will be listing more then just that, though, because TNA has options, and I want to list those options.

Part 1- X Division

Kaval/Senshi/Low Ki (One of the founding members of the X Division. They should have never released him in the first place, and they can definitely make things right by bringing him back), Gregory Helms (Other then the Hurricane's original run, WWE never used Helms the way he should have been. He's a great talent, and to bring him into the X Division would help TNA greatly. Thankfully, I have heard rumors that this is planned and, while he will be labeled as a “Hardy Friend” like Shannon, in the long run, it will only help TNA), Carlito (I always felt that Carlito would have made a good Cruiserweight, even though I don't know if he fit the weight requirement. However, in the X Division, it isn't weight limits, it's about no limits, and Carlito could become a star here!), Petey Williams (Who DOESN'T want to see the Canadian Destroyer back in TNA?), Lance Storm (Yes, THAT Lance Storm. I could see him doing alot of what Douglas Williams is doing in TNA right now- giving the X Division that technical flair. Doug VS Lance could be feud of the year, if given the chanse, plus Lance could really help give some of the “Lesser” X Division guy's that X-Division-Stardom rub), Elix Skipper (The greatest X Division champion to never win the title! His matches against Daniels back in the day were extraordinary, and I think that Elix could take the X Division by storm again!)

Part 2- Knockouts

Ayako Hamada (Hamada was one of the last great Knockouts, and she could easily become one of the CURRENT great knock outs. Hamada was never really given the shot she should have had, and to bring her back could do wonders for a revamped knockouts division), Roxxi (The Hardcore Knockout would bring that... well, HARDCORE edge to the Knockouts division. I could see Roxxi VS Daffney in a street fight for the Knockouts title being a huge match worthy of a semi-main event spot)

Part 3- Tag Teams

The World's Greatest Tag Team (First off, Haas & Benjamin could make an immediate impact by taking the tag division by storm, tossing it up with the Guns and Beer Money. But, if they broke up, either guy could be HUGE as an X-Division star. Plus, Haas could make a good TV champ, while Shelton would get that main even push he could have got in 04), London & Kendrick (Kendrick's already in TNA, so why not bring in Paul London and reform one of WWE's best teams since the brand split?), The Nasty Boys (Naw, just fu*king with you! Firing those slobs was the best thing TNA's done in AGES!), The Naturals (Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens... anyone else remember them? They were the sh*t, and they just kinda dropped off the face of the earth one day. What happened to them, did they start doing crack with Perry Saturn? Well, drag them out of that den and throw them back into a TNA ring!)

Part 4- “Main” roster

MVP (Can you say UNDERUTILIZED TALENT?!? TNA has taken alot of WWE's mistake-releases and made huge stars out of them [Ex. Christian Cage, D'Angelon Dinero, Matt Morgan and Mr Anderson], and history can repeat itself here), Rhino (I liked what Rhino was doing before he was brought into EV2.0. He was helping the new guy's get over, and any wrestling promotion needs that guy. That's why I was irritated when WWE released Hardcore Holly... and I think TNA rehiring Rhino would be much better then TNA hiring Holly), Monty Brown (Marcus Cor Von aside, Monty was a HUUUUGE star in the golden era of TNA, and a Monty return could be a great thing for TNA. What TNA is lacking is home-grown talent, and Monty was one of the last great examples of home grown talent! Yes, he is TECHNICALLY an ex-WWE guy now, but he was TNA before then, and he could be a breath of fresh air from all the ex-WWE blokes now)

IN CLOSING

These are only five steps to fix TNA, but it runs alot deeper then that. To truly fix TNA, it would take a total reimagining, and everything from the writing to the talent utilized (Or unuitilized) would all have to be looked at through a microscope. Even if TNA were to follow these five steps, they would still have a long way to go if they were to get back to their glory days, or even exceed them... however, this is as good a place to start as any. Steps 1 and 2 would give TNA fresh faces to work with, as well as get rid of the one's that fans don't want to see in TNA anymore, and steps 3-5 will help TNA become the ALTERNATIVE product again, which is where so much of their early hype came from. I still have faith in TNA... not much, but enough to keep me tuning in. And I'm hoping that TNA listens to the fans pretty soon, or that faith will soon fizzle out.

But what do you guy's have to add? Think I'm totally crazy with this list? Think I'm right on? Who would you add to the possible hire list? Who would you EXCLUDE from said list? Let me know

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ummm, TNA is kicking all sorts of ass right now. They just got their 2nd highest Thursday Night viewership of all time. Back in your glory days they didnt even have a TV deal. How exactly are those glory days?

Not everyone wants 20 minutes of wrestling vs 3 minutes of talking. Some of us are happy as hell with TNA right now. Around 2 million of us in fact.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thoughts on the highlights:

Chelsea - Fire. If shes female and not wrestling, or inteviewing, Fire. Correct here
Don West - Not Fire. I think he has a place in TNA. I'd even enjoy him annoucing every now and again.
Gunner & Murphy - Not Fire right now. I think they are useful as a good jobber squad, seem to perform decently.
Karen Jarrett - Fire, don't need her on TV. Back to same reason for Chelsea.
Mick Foley - Not Fire right now. I think he is enjoyed by the fans, could be good backstage.
Ric Flair - Fire. Although I love his crazy mic moments. I think he's run his course.
Robbie E and Cookie - Keep Robbiwe E, he has potential. Fire Cookie, she can't wrestle, and again back to same for Chelsea.
SoCal Val - Not Fire. One of those Classic TNA characters. She does her role correctly and takes sexy pics for the website.
Scott Steiner - Not Fire right now. He's enjoyable to watch.
Tommy Dreamer - Fire. I thougth he'd be an asset, but hasn't proven anything to me in TNA worth being excited.
Kaval/Senshi/Low Ki - Hire if they can, but I'd feel bad putting him back in X-Division. But he'd work great there.
Gregory Helms - Hire, I think he could bring something new to the product. Just don't stable him with the Hardys.
Carlito - Hire, would be an enjoyable face to the heavyweight division. Don't think he'd flop.
Petey Williams - Hire. I don't even know why he's gone off my TV screen anyways.
Lance Storm - Don't Hire. I know he was great, but I can't think of what I'd care to see out of him now.
Elix Skipper - Don't Hire. The guy has a funny proportioned head/face or something. Never found him interesting as a character.
Ayako Hamada - Hire, have her only being Singles. Also have her cut her hair short again with the fancy eye makeup like her debut. Sexy
Roxxi - Don't Hire right now. Never found her attempt at hardcore interesting. But I guess she could be a good worker in future plans.
The World's Greatest Tag Team - Hire, sure why not. I'm sure matches with Beer Money and MCMG would be fantastic to watch.
London & Kendrick - Hire/Don't Hire. Unless Kendrick changes his stupid guru gimmick and they actually look and feel like a team again. Other than that fire Kendrick right now.
The Nasty Boys - I actually loved the Nasty Boys when they were on TV and fueding with 3D. Great Heels. But I don't think they currently have a place. So Don't Hire back I guess.
The Naturals - Don't Hire, no place for them now. Weren't ever anything special to me.
MVP - eeehhh Don't Hire. Its a gut call. I found him enjoyable, but terrible at other times. I think TNA could do fine without him.
Rhino - HIRE. Why hasn't this guy been a dominant Heavyweight champion in the past 4 years??? He's a perfect Tweener Champ.
Monty Brown - Don't Hire. And a big hell no to that. I thought he was so cheesy when I first started watching TNA. Never took him serious, never will.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ummm, TNA is kicking all sorts of ass right now. They just got their 2nd highest Thursday Night viewership of all time. Back in your glory days they didnt even have a TV deal. How exactly are those glory days?

Not everyone wants 20 minutes of wrestling vs 3 minutes of talking. Some of us are happy as hell with TNA right now. Around 2 million of us in fact.
exactly, some of the posters on this forum don't know jack shit about wrestling.

2003-2005 Was not the glory days of wrestling, outside of a few thouand ******** in Nashville, hardly anybody knew what TNA Wrestling was.

We are experiencing TNA at it's best right now, the company is getting more expousre, there ain't no more corny ******* Bullshit, and they are actually making good storylines that last for a decent period of time.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
TNA 2012

ROW 1 - Extreme Tiger, AJ Styles, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy , Matt Morgan
ROW 2 - El Zorro, Mr Anderson, Pope Dinero, Samoa Joe, Crimson, Phill Shatter
ROW 3 - Mikael Judas, Rob Terry, Robbi E, Austin Aries, Davey Richards, Joey Ryan
ROW 4 - The Kings of Wrestling, Jay Lethal, Aerostar, The Motor City Machine Guns , The Latin American Xchange, Kurt Angle
ROW 5 - The British Invasion, Generation Me, Kaz, Robert Roode, James Storm, Charlie Haas
ROW 6 - Shelton Benjamin, Scott Steiner, Tito Ortiz , Desmond Wolfe, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff

·
Registered
361 Posts
exactly, some of the posters on this forum don't know jack shit about wrestling.

2003-2005 Was not the glory days of wrestling, outside of a few thouand ******** in Nashville, hardly anybody knew what TNA Wrestling was.

We are experiencing TNA at it's best right now, the company is getting more expousre, there ain't no more corny ******* Bullshit, and they are actually making good storylines that last for a decent period of time.
TNA moved to Orlando in 04 I believe. I also disagree with you. Although I'd put the glory years between 04-06 in my opinion. TNA in 05 was incredible. Jeff Hardy was jumping off everything, Abyss was actually a monster, Christian Cage arriving, Raven fulfilling his destiny, Samoa Joe was unstoppable, The AJ-Daniels Feud was amazing, Jarrett was a solid champion, Team Canada was a great heel faction and the belts truly meant something. I loved the way TNA put the X division title match as the main event of Unbreakable 05.

I also liked the way TNA used to always end their PPV with the three title matches. It gave the belts a sense of meaning and importance.

Nowadays it just doesn't have the same feeling as it did back then. I have little doubt however that with direction TNA can be even better. Sadly they have lacked direction since 07 imho.

·
Banned
2,426 Posts

A one-week ratings increase during their best advertised show in years and your own personal joy does not mean 2 million people are "happy as hell".

·
Banned
11,216 Posts
TNA 2012

ROW 1 - Extreme Tiger, AJ Styles, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy , Matt Morgan
ROW 2 - El Zorro, Mr Anderson, Pope Dinero, Samoa Joe, Crimson, Phill Shatter
ROW 3 - Mikael Judas, Rob Terry, Robbi E, Austin Aries, Davey Richards, Joey Ryan
ROW 4 - The Kings of Wrestling, Jay Lethal, Aerostar, The Motor City Machine Guns , The Latin American Xchange, Kurt Angle
ROW 5 - The British Invasion, Generation Me, Kaz, Robert Roode, James Storm, Charlie Haas
ROW 6 - Shelton Benjamin, Scott Steiner, Tito Ortiz , Desmond Wolfe, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff
I'd mark for that.

·
Registered
808 Posts
How can you focus on three divisions at once? To me, focusing on a division means making it the main attraction on the show.
Thats what I was thinking also. I think I understand what the OP is getting at but you need to pick one aspect of TNA and "focus" on that and then move onto the next aspect. You cant focus on 3 divisions at once although you can surely improve 3 divisions at once.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Over 2010/2011 TNA has made a lot of heads turn in the wrestling business. They've had several of their highest rated shows ever in the last year and have created storylines that go on. Emphasis has been put on their Tag Team Division with several matches being candidates for match of the year. Now the company is shifting its focus on the X Divison and rebuilding it's original staple. I'm sure there are several people around here with ideas of what TNA should/shouldn't do, but instead of looking to the past for answers we need to look at what they are currently doing and what their ultimate goal is. I think TNA's doing great and people are now talking. Great work to the young company for almost having the same viewership as Smackdown.

·
Banned
2,204 Posts

So TNA just got another quick fix that will dissapear next week and the weeks after that for maybe a month, it wont break their 1.5 record or their 2.0(during the show)

TNA dont just have a few things wrong that would be expected of humans, they have A LOT WRONG TOO MUCH WRONG TO JUSTISY FOR THEIR MONOTNOUS MEDIOCRITY

They wont go head to head with anymore WWE programming. They arent breaking any molds or improiving wrestlings image bringing in any changes or revolutions that will bring life and energy into this bland dying art.

If you are happy with TNA then you have neither artistic standards nor apposable thumbs.

Thats what I was thinking also. I think I understand what the OP is getting at but you need to pick one aspect of TNA and "focus" on that and then move onto the next aspect. You cant focus on 3 divisions at once although you can surely improve 3 divisions at once.
Cruiserweights. Women. Tag Teams. things that WWe has ruined that TNA could provide, its not hard to do this

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First off, to the TNA supporters, I too am a fan of TNA. However, it's impossible to say that these are the "Glory Days" of TNA. I have literally not heard a nice thing said about TNA (Other then your commentary) since Hogan and Bischoff first came into the fold. I cannot remember the last time I sat down, watched an entire episode of TNA, and said "Wow, that was a good episode". There have been times where I've said "That was a great match/promo/Flair Botch", but NEVER have I said good episode overall in a really long time! TNA is a joke now, and that pains me to say, but that's the truth. And you say 2 million are happy? That's funny, because I know of quite a few people who watch TNA just because of how bad it is (It's kind of like a bad movie marathon, only with professional wrestling). If your happy with the product, more power to you for being able to sit through it, however, I (And a large chunk of wrestling fans) think that TNA has alot of work to do.

To the people who say it's really hard to FOCUS on three divisions at once, that is a good point. I guess what I mean is to put more emphasis on them, instead of just having it "Oh, we have this too, but look at THEY! AREN'T THEY GREAT?!? ALL 98 OF THE 'THEY'S'". If I had to pick ONE for them to really FOCUS on, it would be the X Division, because that would draw in the most old/new fans the fastest. Then the Knockouts division, to draw in more of a young male/general female fan base. Then the tag division, because the tag division is the division that needs the least amount of work out of the three (Granted, that's like saying that cleaning an egg off the floor is easier then cleaning an entire jug of milk- still a mess, but slightly less so).

·
Banned
2,204 Posts
To the people who say it's really hard to FOCUS on three divisions at once, that is a good point. I guess what I mean is to put more emphasis on them, instead of just having it "Oh, we have this too, but look at THEY! AREN'T THEY GREAT?!? ALL 98 OF THE 'THEY'S'". If I had to pick ONE for them to really FOCUS on, it would be the X Division, because that would draw in the most old/new fans the fastest. Then the Knockouts division, to draw in more of a young male/general female fan base. Then the tag division, because the tag division is the division that needs the least amount of work out of the three (Granted, that's like saying that cleaning an egg off the floor is easier then cleaning an entire jug of milk- still a mess, but slightly less so).
just showcase multiple show aspects in a show dont tell fashion and it all evens out

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Umm, OP you do realise Vince Russo was with TNA in 2003 and 2004, right?

As for the golden era, the fact is once a promotion get's a mainstream TV deal it has to more or less sell out.

It's easy to be an alternative when you have no network execs to make happy but once TNA hit Spike TV, Spike made it clear what they wanted; Bigger names, less wrestling, more sports entertainment and because TNA is a business they gave Spike TV what they wanted.

It's as simple as that, now I was a huge fan of 2003 and the Nashville days in general but TNA has moved on; They're no longer a real alternative they're Sports Entertaqinment which I think sucks but TNA made a business decision and that's that.

We can either embrace TNA for what it now is or move on to something else.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Chelsea isn't even with TNA anymore.
Gunner & Murphy are needed as heel ehancement talent.
Monty Brown was never a "HUUUUGE star" or an amazing talent, he had potential but lacked the passion to improve and be a maintainer.

Reactions: Chismo

·
Registered
808 Posts
Cruiserweights. Women. Tag Teams. things that WWe has ruined that TNA could provide, its not hard to do this
Never said it was hard to do this, just said that they cant focus on all three at once.

As for the golden era, the fact is once a promotion get's a mainstream TV deal it has to more or less sell out.

It's easy to be an alternative when you have no network execs to make happy but once TNA hit Spike TV, Spike made it clear what they wanted; Bigger names, less wrestling, more sports entertainment and because TNA is a business they gave Spike TV what they wanted.

It's as simple as that, now I was a huge fan of 2003 and the Nashville days in general but TNA has moved on; They're no longer a real alternative they're Sports Entertaqinment which I think sucks but TNA made a business decision and that's that.

Not sure when Russo went into the backstage and booking role but he was also in TNA at least at the end of 2002, cant remember when he started though.
And I totally agree with you though, those 2002/2003/2004 days were amazing and really stand out in my mind as great shows, but as you said they became mainstream and in order to expand their company to a wider audience and grow overall they needed to sellout, which is what any company would do, if put in that situation.

Okay yeah that makes alot more sense and I back up that idea. They do need to put more emphasis on those divisions but it will certainly take time to do so.

·
Banned
2,204 Posts

Thats weird, considering all that has happened

We all thought that the mission was givig alternative wrestling a proper chance

they still fail to make up for nine years of blind milion dollar investment

no one even gave alternativeness a chance

then they shouldve told Spike to go f themselves and became a house show biz like ASW

they will regret being 2nd banana

Of course we move on, a bussiness that doesnt deserve your money should lose strength until it does, we on the internet try to convince the world, even if it means exposing the flaws of the human mind, that tna's best choice is to stray from limbo

but hey if actualy did get success and bring the mnw back then fine, but they cant even do that, so they fail in all aspects

a lot of us feel that tna might as well sink into the abyss(no pun intended) along with wwaa xwf wsx and llusa and let someone else have a chance

·
Registered
561 Posts
No one wants to god damn see a bunch of 5'10 guys have a technical wrestling match. No one wants to see a big black women wrestler. This is not what constitutes pro wrestling. There's a reason this Kurt Angle/ Jarrett love triangle is pulling in huge ratings, it's because it's what people enjoy in wrestling. A feud of words being built up towards a big match.

Jericho only got over because of his promos not because of his move set or how good he was in the ring.

(not from a personal standpoint of the person) The only wrestler I know to ever get fully over without a good image or any verbal skills is Chris Beniot and it took him 10+ years to finally make it.

No one wants to see a good womens division. People want to see hot girls run around in lingerie

TNA is lightweight on the right track right now, because they're starting to add the personality and storylines but at the same time there slowly starting to bring up "new" faces or home grown talent into the main event spotlight who the fans actually recognize.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.