Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It opened on July 11, 2013.

What are the most successful projects we’ve seen come from the PC? To me I thought this was supposed to be place where they could bring anyone in and turn them in to a pro wrestler like they used to do with Lesnar, Batista, and Cena (all were signed in same year). Have we seen many guys brought from out the pro wrestling world and molded at the PC that are making an impact today? Or is it just more reps for guys from the indies?

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
It's probably still too early to tell yet. Most of the current crop of NXT stars we're largely on the indies before it was going.

Also, the Lesnar/Cena/Batista/Orton class was a freak. I would never expect that to happen ever again.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,108 Posts
Charlotte is the first name that comes to mind.

·
Registered
11,835 Posts
Cena was already a wrestler working indies when he started in ovw Brock was once in a lifetime athlete, one of the greatest college wrestlers in history. Those two already had all the tools before they signed with WWE.

WWE would never be able to sign a guy like Lesnar today because UFC would snap him up first.

Jim Cornette has said batista was impossible to work with and didn't want to learn or be told anything. All his experience came from being on the road and driving around with Ric flair and HHH for 2.5 years.

What major stars came out of ovw after 2002? WWE stayed associated with them until about 2011 remember

Strowman, Sullivan, Lacey Evans, Corbin, Bliss, Carmella, Elias, jax, Gable, Jason Jordan, velveteen dream are all products from PC..all basically from scratch. If you are giving ovw credit then Charlotte, Sasha, bayley, Becky spent 2 years training at pc

If ovw gets Lesnar then pc should get all the credit for training and preparing Rousey

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Cena was already a wrestler working indies when he started in ovw Brock was once in a lifetime athlete, one of the greatest college wrestlers in history. Those two already had all the tools before they signed with WWE.

WWE would never be able to sign a guy like Lesnar today because UFC would snap him up first.

Jim Cornette has said batista was impossible to work with and didn't want to learn or be told anything. All his experience came from being on the road and driving around with Ric flair and HHH for 2.5 years.

What major stars came out of ovw after 2002? WWE stayed associated with them until about 2011 remember

Strowman, Sullivan, Lacey Evans, Corbin, Bliss, Carmella, Elias, jax, Gable, Jason Jordan, velveteen dream are all products from PC..all basically from scratch. If you are giving ovw credit then Charlotte, Sasha, bayley, Becky spent 2 years training at pc

If ovw gets Lesnar then pc should get all the credit for training and preparing Rousey
Yeah, but apart from all these people, what has it accomplished?? :lol

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Most of the ladies honestly - Paige, Becky, Charlotte, Alexa, Shasa. Some had varying degrees of success in the indies before. Some not so much. Some are more successful than others on the main roster than others. But the bulk of the current women's roster came through the PC.

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
Wrestlers:
Charlotte
Alexa
Becky
Asuka
SHIELD (Seth, Dean, Reigns)
Wyatt Family
Enzo & Cass........
Elias
Kevin Owens
....I could go on, but this is mostly subjective

Production:
1) We're still plagued by Vince, but once he is gone WWE will realize NXT can be the testing grounds for experimenting with a talent and getting their look and entrance perfected before the main roster.
2) NXT is 1 hour a week and 1 show about every other month. That's a perfect wrestling schedule; I argue to extend NXT to 2 hours.

Miscellaneous:
1) Corey graves on Commentary
2) War Games
3) other NXT performance centers

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
It's given the WWE somewhere to horde wrestlers for years on end, saying they're living the dream whilst knowing the Performance Centre and the occasional florida house show is the best they're gonna get.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It has produced some solid talent, but that isn't really the test. The FCW/NXT Tampa warehouse was way less to run and was probably as good at converting indy talent into WWE stars.

The PC has provided a route in for guys who probably would never have considered wrestling. Strowman, Corbin, Alexa... and they are solid mid card talent. Strowman could probably be more.

Has it produced anyone that is going to be another top level star? Not yet. It is much better at producing good employees

·
Registered
11,835 Posts
It has produced some solid talent, but that isn't really the test. The FCW/NXT Tampa warehouse was way less to run and was probably as good at converting indy talent into WWE stars.
Their success with indie and tna guys prior to 2012 was poor Kaval, Colt Cabana, Monty brown, Lance Hoyt and Chris Harris all flopped on main roster. They lost Omega and fcw management wanted to fire Rollins because they felt he was too big headed and wouldn't listen.

Aside from punk nobody else really had any sort of success on main roster I suppose bourne did for short while. Bryan wouldn't count as he only worked like 2 matches in fcw to get rust off.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,233 Posts
Well the early PC turned some indy wrasslers and college athletes into sport's entertainment stars. The current PC is for just for hording indy guys and making new enhancement talent.

Velveteen Dream is the last star that's ever going to come out of the PC.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wrestlers:
Charlotte
Alexa
Becky
Asuka
Wyatt Family
Enzo & Cass........
Elias
Kevin Owens

Production:
1) We're still plagued by Vince, but once he is gone WWE will realize NXT can be the testing grounds for experimenting with a talent and getting their look and entrance perfected before the main roster.
2) NXT is 1 hour a week and 1 show about every other month. That's a perfect wrestling schedule; I argue to extend NXT to 2 hours.

Miscellaneous:
2) War Games
I would argue those guy in bold were pretty well established indy guys before they came to WWE. I would argue Asuka as well as she had a lot of hype, but I don't know her background all that well.

Seems like its done a solid job so far, hopefully we get to see some more unknowns soon.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Their success with indie and tna guys prior to 2012 was poor Kaval, Colt Cabana, Monty brown, Lance Hoyt and Chris Harris all flopped on main roster. They lost Omega and fcw management wanted to fire Rollins because they felt he was too big headed and wouldn't listen.

Aside from punk nobody else really had any sort of success on main roster I suppose bourne did for short while. Bryan wouldn't count as he only worked like 2 matches in fcw to get rust off.
Cesaro, Ambrose, Kidd, Dallas and of course, Jinder Mahal. Overall I wouldn't say it's much worse than the PC but at a tiny fraction of the price. Bringing in non-wrestling athletes was tougher. Big E I guess is the main one.

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
I would argue those guy in bold were pretty well established indy guys before they came to WWE. I would argue Asuka as well as she had a lot of hype, but I don't know her background all that well.

Seems like its done a solid job so far, hopefully we get to see some more unknowns soon.
Definitely. I think I missed your original point.

I was only thinking within WWE timeframe, not their previous life. You could also make a thread on: What has WWE ruined from NXT? That would be a longer list.

Reactions: Thatguy45

·
Registered
650 Posts
Wrestlers:
Charlotte
Alexa
Becky
Asuka
Wyatt Family
Enzo & Cass........
Elias
Kevin Owens

Production:

Miscellaneous:
2) War Games

shield and the Wyatt Family moved up before/around when the PC was created so not really responsible for them. One issue with NXT and main roster success is that NXT is training wrestlers to be a different thing from what the main roster does. NXT is more about SPORTS entertainment and MR is about sports ENTERTAINMENT

1 - 20 of 30 Posts