Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested to know what you believe John Cena more John Cena will do before he retires?
I think he needs to have a match with Samoa Joe on PPV and also hold the IC title and do an open challenge for a few months.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,593 Posts
As above 17 world titles , one more run then back to la la land .

Peace.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Nothing, being a grand slam champ isn't really that big of a deal. He's accomplished far greater shit than that. He's hardly a credible main eventer anymore so someone beating him won't really mean much if he did win number 17. It would be a waste of time other than to just give him the record.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Number 17 and winning the IC title once.

Reactions: PrinceofPush

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
turn heel but that it is never gonna happen and he missed the boat on it being effective. He shouldve lost to masked kane, lost to rock, lost to brock (by means of tapping out) and then he turns heel on the back of "giving up" and wrestles rock at 29 as a heel.

id rather he just stay away at this point. He is past his sell by date and doesn't bring much to anything he is apart of these days. Just generally bored with his condescending promos where he acts like the oracle of wrestling and pretends like he knows what its like to be overlooked despite being the main focal point of wwe storylines and efforts for nearly a decade.

In many ways, cena is the centrepiece for the way wwe is today with their FOTC bullshit. Even roman was rejected off the back of this guy. No-one wanted cena 2.0 and told wwe to fuck off. Punk was the only guy to really make it as a "star" after cena took centre stage (and that wasnt by design and rather because he was an austin figure who rebelled the system so to speak). Everyone else was either looked over by wwe or rejected by the fans because of cena. Bryan was only forced into the main event because people used him as a mascot to protest and hijack the shows. He has really gone nowhere since.

been there, got the T shirt and returned it for a refund. I really hope he takes the "you can't see me" phrase literally going forward.

Reactions: Five 0

·
Registered
49 Posts
IC title, Universal title (not happening though it was a nice tease during the segment with him, Finn, McIntyre, Corbin and Vince), maybe one more Dr. of Thuganomics run (as a heel would be better, but now it’d be a watered down face version)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I hope Cena gets the 17th World Title reign, he deserves to pass Flair.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Nothing really. He could win the WWE Title again but he's not going to have a run with it. He's only going to win it just so he can have 17 which would be cool for him and would be a nice moment, but he doesn't really have to do it. Same with the Universal Title, I would actually think it would be pretty cool if he had a match and ended up squashing Lesnar to get him back for SS 14. But if he's not committed to full time then what would be the point.

If I am being a bit harsh, I would argue that John Cena has never had a classic Wrestlemania match. He's had some big matches for sure at Mania and the one with HBK was very good, but he's never had the type of Punk MITB 11, Lesnar Extreme Rules 2012, Daniel Bryan Summerslam 2013 and AJ Styles Summerslam 2016 type of match, you know a classic match at Wrestlemania which is a shame for him. Maybe that's something he has left to do.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Turn heel, win a record-breaking 17th world title, etc.

Of course neither of these things would mean anything now considering he isn't around enough to make them matter.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
Enjoy his movie career till he rings it dry, hopefully about 2 decades. Pop in for commentary on Raw from time to time (he'd probably be good for that,) and that final sweet HOF ceremony. Then enjoy a nice retirement.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts