Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
..as well as their other championships.

Does FCW still go on, it's just not taped?

Is NXT in the works to get the championships moved over to that "brand" once the show gets over?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I didn't know FCW was over I thought that was just a rumor. NXT is a completely different show still is it not?

·
Banned
690 Posts
The same thing that happened to the ROH title when it was off the air. It gets defended at live events. It won't transfer to NXT, but there is the possibility that NXT will crown its own champion (which will no doubt show up on FCW shows too) at some point.

·
FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
12,756 Posts
FCW is still running. It's just off TV. I would like to see FCW titles defended on NXT, but WWE still doesn't aknowgledge FCW, so, sadly, won't happen.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Makes sense to keep around FCW to let the development guys work in a non-televised house show environment. With everything moving to NXT, I wonder if they'll re-brand the titles.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I don't think NXT should have titles, because there are too many guys already technically on the main roster who show up on NXT.

Also it creates so many contradictions. The NXT Superstars want to prove they're "the best", so that they can move up to RAW or SmackDown. A Championship shows that they are "the best", but it would ground them on NXT. Once they've proven that they're ready to be called up to one of the main brands, they'd have to drop the Championship to someone, which would mean that they are no longer "the best".

It works with FCW because "Florida Championship Wrestling" at least gives the pretense of being an indy fed in kayfabe. NXT by comparison is "WWE NXT", so it doesn't work.

·
Banned
690 Posts
I don't think NXT should have titles, because there are too many guys already technically on the main roster who show up on NXT.

Also it creates so many contradictions. The NXT Superstars want to prove they're "the best", so that they can move up to RAW or SmackDown. A Championship shows that they are "the best", but it would ground them on NXT. Once they've proven that they're ready to be called up to one of the main brands, they'd have to drop the Championship to someone, which would mean that they are no longer "the best".

It works with FCW because "Florida Championship Wrestling" at least gives the pretense of being an indy fed in kayfabe. NXT by comparison is "WWE NXT", so it doesn't work.
You realise that if an NXT guy with an NXT title showed up on Raw, Smackdown, Superstars or "Main Event" (an upcoming hour long show) they can, ya know bring the title with them. And since when has a well booked title change ever significantly diminished someone's credability?

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
You realise that if an NXT guy with an NXT title showed up on Raw, Smackdown, Superstars or "Main Event" (an upcoming hour long show) they can, ya know bring the title with them. And since when has a well booked title change ever significantly diminished someone's credability?

It's WWE NXT meaning it's not even close to being it's own thing. Like TempestH said it would work better with FCW because they have a FCW Championship, and it's in kayfabe it's own promotion. I would prefer that the WWE work the King of the Ring back in to NXT, the winner gets a ring, and a trophy. However, there is no ceremony held in a King's fashion. That's beyond corny. Winner wears the ring, and has to defend it once a month, and at most twice a month based on the idea that the King of the Ring gets to choose another title defense should they so please.

This concept works well because it enables the "face" character to push for a 2nd match at their will. Obviously this makes them look like a fighting champion. On the other hand you have the "heel" who would refuse to use this option, and made to look cowardly. Fans would boo "heels" even more for turning down a match they could have had. Then again it could push the "heel" King of the Ring winner to pick a match of their choosing suiting their needs, and thus making them look even more like a "heel". Having a mandatory title defense makes sense each month, and once the ring is dropped in a match another tournament is held. With the person who originally ended the KOTR reign receiving a first round bye.

Now in FCW it would be nice if the FCW champion came up every once in a while just to check the scene out, as if to say that this is where the next level is. Having a title around their waist makes them seem a bit more important than not having a title. This helps add to the character as well, possibly giving them instant credibility. The WWE would book it so that folks don't end up assuming that this is some sort of Invasion. They could come out, and say that the WWE independent finances smaller farm league wrestling promotions similar to that of the MLB, or NHL. That way you are giving more exposure to FCW stars especially as FCW World Champion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts