Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truth has been getting over soley on two words for the past two years.
IWC is clearly tired of him but the casual fans still buy it.
Seems like Truth knew he needed to change things up but his new song people failed to catch on.

So how much longer can Truth continue his gimmick? What happens when it quits working? Heel turn?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
he won't last that long.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Fired

·
Registered
797 Posts
His shtick has been pretty much this all the way back to his earliest days in the WWE/F. Either it's gonna be switched up again or it's less airtime for him.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
When the upper-midcarder stops getting the massive crowd reactions that keep him there, then he gets pushed down the card into a role more suiting of his overness. Thought that'd be fairly obvious without the need for a thread.

Either that or the comeback of Pretty Ricky. Wasn't his government name Delicious, or is my memory failing me?

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Truth has been getting over soley on two words for the past two years.
IWC is clearly tired of him but the casual fans still buy it.
Seems like Truth knew he needed to change things up but his new song people failed to catch on.

So how much longer can Truth continue his gimmick? What happens when it quits working? Heel turn?
You seem mad, this true?

He's doing the same moves week in and week out, same routine everytime. Is there anyone more stale?

·
#EMMAtained
2,586 Posts
Truth can wrestle, I think even the person who hates him the most can admit that. But the thing is, the guy is just annoying. He screams the same 2 words (Off beat most of the time near the end of his entrance), and then mumbles the rest of a verse. And the way he acts is just annoying, and the epitome of it was last night calling Milwaukee, Green Bay SMH. I'd like to see him switch it up, turn heel maybe, and become more of a ruthless competitor, because he got stale character wise a long time ago, but he's a decent wrestler.

·
Registered
267 Posts
What will save R-Truth is what's always saved Ron Killings: he can flat-out go in the ring.

Personally, I've been waiting for them to take away the "happy dancing neg-...black guy" gimmick (it's been around since vaudeville, for Pete's sake) for a while now and make him back into a BMF, tough guy fighter who can destroy anybody that steps into the ring with him. I hate to say this (and I can't say it about many, just him and Christian, it seems), but they booked Truth better in TNA than in WWE.

wk

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
You do not even realize how good a heel this guy could be.

·
Registered
544 Posts
They wont change him back to time to get crunk after last time, they swapped him back few weeks later fans didnt know the words or care

1 - 20 of 21 Posts