Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,391 Posts
When my uncle died in 2017, my mom decided to see a medium. Her and my uncle were extremely close. My grandma (her mom) died 7 years before, almost to the very day (she died July 15th, my uncle died July 17th). She was of course saddened by my grandma's death, though, it was a bit different to deal with because she was 80 years old and sick before. My uncle had a heart attack and died immediately.

The medium records your visit (audio) so you can listen to it whenever you want, since it gets very emotional, so, it's easy to miss things that are said. My mom has gone 3 times since 2017. I have listened to all 3 of her sessions. This woman told her things from people who have passed away (my grandma and uncle included) that she had absolutely no way of knowing. My grandma has mentioned me in all 3. She knew my apartment and joked that she moves things in my kitchen and I wont ever notice because I am never in there (lol). My grandma had never been to my apartment, I never even lived there when she passed. This lady nailed it. She also went in to detail about shit in life like specific events and messages from my uncle for my mom. She also had a message from my cousin and called him by a nickname that only my aunt called him at home, there was no way she could know that (my cousin passed in 2012).

I absolutely believe in an afterlife. I think we can choose whether we want to 'host' another body, or, just cross over.

I have a fireplace unit with a memorial for my deceased pets. I have a flameless candle by them (one in the middle for my two cats, one on each end for my dogs). The ones by my dogs have turned on by themselves a few times. I've taken pictures and posted them on facebook. I of course love all my animals, those two dogs are the biggest reason I am still here today, typing this. I absolutely believe they are showing signs they are here.
Had a similar situation to this. 100% only your shell dies.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
If the rule that "everything needs a creator" applied to God then nothing would exist. If the Universe began with nothing it would have remained at nothing. Life as we know it would not exist. I believe God is the only rational explanation. I'm sticking to it.

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
5,575 Posts
If the rule that "everything needs a creator" applied to God then nothing would exist. If the Universe began with nothing it would have remained at nothing. Life as we know it would not exist. I believe God is the only rational explanation. I'm sticking to it.
Well of course you are. That's how you were indoctrinated. But I'm bowing out now. It's a circle.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Well of course you are. That's how you were indoctrinated. But I'm bowing out now. It's a circle.
I wasn't forced into belief. I chose it. But you can keep judging and you still haven't countered any of my arguments. At least not effectively. If everything needs a creator then how do we even exist. That rule is debunked completely false. Nothing can't create something right?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Do you remember how things were before you were born? No? Chances are that's what things will be like. The electric impulses in your brain that run your conscience and your senses cease, and with that you will for all intents and purposes be in a state of eternal unconsciousness. You won't even know that you don't exist anymore. Having once been conscious it's completely mindboggling to wrap your head around not existing anymore and frankly thinking too deeply about it gives me either panic attacks or a feeling of complete calmness depending on my mood. I can't bring myself to believe in any form of an afterlife, never been a very spiritual or esoteric person.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Do you remember how things were before you were born? No? Chances are that's what things will be like. The electric impulses in your brain that run your conscience and your senses cease, and with that you will for all intents and purposes be in a state of eternal unconsciousness. You won't even know that you don't exist anymore. Having once been conscious it's completely mindboggling to wrap your head around not existing anymore and frankly thinking too deeply about it gives me either panic attacks or a feeling of complete calmness depending on my mood. I can't bring myself to believe in any form of an afterlife, never been a very spiritual or esoteric person.
Fair enough. We believe completely different things but I dont have to resort to judging you or name calling. Unlike a certain poster.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Fair enough. We believe completely different things but I dont have to resort to judging you or name calling. Unlike a certain poster.
Oh I haven't followed the discussion at all, I read the first page and just gave my own take on things, my post wasn't in response to anybody in particular. FTR I'm completely fine if people have other opinions on this, it's up to every individual how they deal with the knowledge of their own mortality and if believing in any sort of an afterlife makes sense to you or comforts you, who am I to disagree?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wasn't forced into belief. I chose it. But you can keep judging and you still haven't countered any of my arguments. At least not effectively. If everything needs a creator then how do we even exist. That rule is debunked completely false. Nothing can't create nothing right?
Why does everything need a creator? Why cant nothing create everything?

You are talking from human experience.

If the idea of God, who is so complex that the human mind cant comprehend it, is believable, then why isnt nothing morphing into everything just as believable?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Why does everything need a creator? Why cant nothing create everything?

You are talking from human experience.

If the idea of God, who is so complex that the human mind cant comprehend it, is believable, then why isnt nothing morphing into everything just as believable?
Well you are right that everything doesmt need a creator. only 1 thing exists that does not require a creator. If everything is a creation it all should be traced down to one ultimate creator which would be God. Again this is what I believe. I'm not sitting here trying to convert anyone to Christianity. You asked me I am simply answering where I stand on this topic.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,952 Posts
When my uncle died in 2017, my mom decided to see a medium. Her and my uncle were extremely close. My grandma (her mom) died 7 years before, almost to the very day (she died July 15th, my uncle died July 17th). She was of course saddened by my grandma's death, though, it was a bit different to deal with because she was 80 years old and sick before. My uncle had a heart attack and died immediately.

The medium records your visit (audio) so you can listen to it whenever you want, since it gets very emotional, so, it's easy to miss things that are said. My mom has gone 3 times since 2017. I have listened to all 3 of her sessions. This woman told her things from people who have passed away (my grandma and uncle included) that she had absolutely no way of knowing. My grandma has mentioned me in all 3. She knew my apartment and joked that she moves things in my kitchen and I wont ever notice because I am never in there (lol). My grandma had never been to my apartment, I never even lived there when she passed. This lady nailed it. She also went in to detail about shit in life like specific events and messages from my uncle for my mom. She also had a message from my cousin and called him by a nickname that only my aunt called him at home, there was no way she could know that (my cousin passed in 2012).

I absolutely believe in an afterlife. I think we can choose whether we want to 'host' another body, or, just cross over.

I have a fireplace unit with a memorial for my deceased pets. I have a flameless candle by them (one in the middle for my two cats, one on each end for my dogs). The ones by my dogs have turned on by themselves a few times. I've taken pictures and posted them on facebook. I of course love all my animals, those two dogs are the biggest reason I am still here today, typing this. I absolutely believe they are showing signs they are here.
This is a phenomenally fascinating read. Thank you for sharing this.

Sorry for your uncle. An uncle of this poster perished in March 2002 at a rather young age due to a sudden massive heart attack.

Well Bible clearly states that the only way to the father is through the son. And I would strongly disagree that Muslims and Jews are similar to Christians. The difference is pretty huge given that Muslims and Jews sure as hell don't believe in Jesus. The entire Christian faith is centered around Christ so how could you say they are similar. Jesus is God according to Christian beliefs. Jews don't believe that so we believe in totally different Gods. You can't reject Jesus and claim to believe in the same God as us. It's not the same at all.

Back to your question. Bible says that no person is truly "good". Read Mark 10:18 Like the man who approached Jesus and used the word “good,” perhaps without giving it much thought, we too need to be careful how we use and define our terms. As Jesus answered, “No one is good – except God alone”.

With that in mind being simply "good" doesn't grant you a way to God. According to God he is good and only he. We only become good through him and with him not on our own. Do all “good” people go to heaven? Since no one is good as defined by God, the answer is, “No.” Those who enter heaven do so not on the basis of merit, but on the basis of God’s grace as bestowed by Jesus Christ. We can’t work our way to heaven or claim to be without sin (1 John 1:8). Instead, we must humbly submit to God, turn from our wrong behavior, and turn to Christ for salvation.

According to God we aren't good. We are very deeply flawed people. Albeit some are way more flawed then others but none of us are truly good.
The longer one ages the more one appreciates the concept of "God" insofar as--in linking what Jesus Christ states regarding same--Aristotle's definition of happiness as ultimately being a serene contemplation of "Good." The Christians would subsequently comprehend Aristotle's comprehension of the good, virtuous life as being in complete contemplation of that which is "Good," "God."

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,809 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about your uncle as well. Losing a loved one is never easy, but, at least if they are sick, you know it’s coming. I don’t believe in “preparing for it”/“being ready for it”, you can never be ready or prepared emotionally for someone you love to die, but, at least you get the chance to say what you need to say and feel comfort knowing it wasn’t sudden and you didn’t get to say goodbye. That shit sucks. My uncle invited us all over for a bonfire and we didn’t go because my mom takes chemo pills and they make her get hot flashes and get tired, so, we took her home to rest. 2 weeks later, he passed. Never let a moment escape. I feel bad about it, though, it wasn’t like we snubbed him, it was a legit reason, we took care of my mom at her house. Can’t predict that even happening, anyway, but, the sadness is still there, like, damn, if my mom knew that would happen, she would have gone, no matter how sick and tired she felt.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,952 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about your uncle as well. Losing a loved one is never easy, but, at least if they are sick, you know it’s coming. I don’t believe in “preparing for it”/“being ready for it”, you can never be ready or prepared emotionally for someone you love to die, but, at least you get the chance to say what you need to say and feel comfort knowing it wasn’t sudden and you didn’t get to say goodbye. That shit sucks. My uncle invited us all over for a bonfire and we didn’t go because my mom takes chemo pills and they make her get hot flashes and get tired, so, we took her home to rest. 2 weeks later, he passed. Never let a moment escape. I feel bad about it, though, it wasn’t like we snubbed him, it was a legit reason, we took care of my mom at her house. Can’t predict that even happening, anyway, but, the sadness is still there, like, damn, if my mom knew that would happen, she would have gone, no matter how sick and tired she felt.
Quite true, and thank you for the sympathetic thoughts for my uncle as well as the larger point regarding the abruptness of some deaths leaving us feeling a certain deficit in how we allocated our time when the deceased persons were alive. It is an understandably raw subject for many, and not easily broached by the fainthearted. Hope your mother is doing well with her health.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
what is rational though? chances are that the answer is not rational. We as humans have our boundaries in understanding things. You only know what you know.

In my view, god is used an answer because we can't understand it in other ways. The idea that god can sit outside of this existence makes the concept an easy "go to" answer because god doesn't have to abide by the rules of the universe as we know it. Basically like living in a video game and god has the cheat codes.

IMO, god and time are basically the same thing. They can't have a starting point but by our understanding, that is simply impossible. How can something have no origin? Therefore, the way the universe works is probably well out of our ability to comprehend. We don't even really know how black holes operate for example. We can only theorise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It has to be more. To have a family member, friend, etc to die and never have the opportunity to see them again is cruel. Pretty pointless.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts