Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question has always fascinated me for many reasons. One being that I really fear the unknown aspect of death. I have a really hard time not belieiving in some sort of afterlife. Obviously the physical and the body rots away. It gets decomposed by maggots into earth and then gives new life to new beings. Materia never vanishes as we are told in physics but what about an afterlife for the "soul" how many of ya'll believe in life after death?

·
HEADBANGA
21,942 Posts
Re: What happends after death?

I'm sort of in the middle about this. There have been BILLIONS of humans that have been on the earth before us so to think that there is a life after this makes me feel that its very unlikely there is an afterlife. If there is to be one then I'd imagine it'd be more hellish than this if you've got BILLIONS of souls from different cultures, ages, and languages trying to coexist. I'm more in tuned to the idea of reincarnation but you don't get to choose how you come back, your birth is always random as is your sex, health, and social status. That's just my two cents.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: What happends after death?

I'm sort of in the middle about this. There have been BILLIONS of humans that have been on the earth before us so to think that there is a life after this makes me feel that its very unlikely there is an afterlife. If there is to be one then I'd imagine it'd be more hellish than this if you've got BILLIONS of souls from different cultures, ages, and languages trying to coexist. I'm more in tuned to the idea of reincarnation but you don't get to choose how you come back, your birth is always random as is your sex, health, and social status. That's just my two cents.
I believe the theory in Islam and judaism is once you get to heaven you have an enormous space for yourself so you dont really encounter lots of people. Plus everyone are speaking the same language, everyone are in a prime adult age 28-30ish etc. With how large the universe is, there isnt a need to coexist. How large is earth? Yet its just a small part in one galaxy out of 100s of bilions of galaxies.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Being Christian it's quite obvious what I believe. I believe this life we have on Earth is temporary. That when we die we cease to exist physically but our soul or our spirit goes to another place. That would be the afterlife. What you did here on Earth basically determines where you go... I believe that we could live eternally. Maybe not physically but when we die here we aren't truly "dead" we go somewhere else. I believe that those who accept Christ as Lord are granted eternity in heaven. You can try and debate me on this all day but this is what I believe and this is what I put my faith in. You are welcome to believe whatever you want.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Being Christian it's quite obvious what I believe. I believe this life we have on Earth is temporary. That when we die we cease to exist physically but our soul or our spirit goes to another place. That would be the afterlife. What you did here on Earth basically determines where you go... I believe that we could live eternally. Maybe not physically but when we die here we aren't truly "dead" we go somewhere else. I believe that those who accept Christ as Lord are granted eternity in heaven. You can try and debate me on this all day but this is what I believe and this is what I put my faith in. You are welcome to believe whatever you want.
I have a question. I'm not Christian but I do believe in a god. Say I do all the good deeds, feeding the poor and live a morally good life yet dont buy into christianity nor Jesus since I lack the evidence, do I go to hell?

Meanwhile a serial Child rapist who murders but then repents and accepts Jesus, does he go to heaven? Questions like this is what keeps me away from christianity. A muslim or jew who practically have the same faith dont make it to heaven due to some silly steps you have to follow no matter how good of a person they are

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I have a question. I'm not Christian but I do believe in a god. Say I do all the good deeds, feeding the poor and live a morally good life yet dont buy into christianity nor Jesus since I lack the evidence, do I go to hell? Jesus is God according to Christian beliefs. Jews don't believe that so we believe in totally different Gods. You can't reject Jesus and claim to believe in the same God as us. It's not the same at all.

Meanwhile a serial Child rapist who murders but then repents and accepts Jesus, does he go to heaven? Questions like this is what keeps me away from christianity. A muslim or jew who practically have the same faith dont make it to heaven due to some silly steps you have to follow no matter how good of a person they are
Well Bible clearly states that the only way to the father is through the son. And I would strongly disagree that Muslims and Jews are similar to Christians. The difference is pretty huge given that Muslims and Jews sure as hell don't believe in Jesus. The entire Christian faith is centered around Christ so how could you say they are similar. Jesus is God according to Christian beliefs. Jews don't believe that so we believe in totally different Gods. You can't reject Jesus and claim to believe in the same God as us. It's not the same at all.

Back to your question. Bible says that no person is truly "good". Read Mark 10:18 Like the man who approached Jesus and used the word “good,” perhaps without giving it much thought, we too need to be careful how we use and define our terms. As Jesus answered, “No one is good – except God alone”.

With that in mind being simply "good" doesn't grant you a way to God. According to God he is good and only he. We only become good through him and with him not on our own. Do all “good” people go to heaven? Since no one is good as defined by God, the answer is, “No.” Those who enter heaven do so not on the basis of merit, but on the basis of God’s grace as bestowed by Jesus Christ. We can’t work our way to heaven or claim to be without sin (1 John 1:8). Instead, we must humbly submit to God, turn from our wrong behavior, and turn to Christ for salvation.

According to God we aren't good. We are very deeply flawed people. Albeit some are way more flawed then others but none of us are truly good.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Bible clearly states that the only way to the father is through the son. And I would strongly disagree that Muslims and Jews are similar to Christians. The difference is pretty huge given that Muslims and Jews sure as hell don't believe in Jesus. The entire Christian faith is centered around Christ so how could you say they are similar. Jesus is God according to Christian beliefs. Jews don't believe that so we believe in totally different Gods. You can't reject Jesus and claim to believe in the same God as us. It's not the same at all.

Back to your question. Bible says that no person is truly "good". Read Mark 10:18 Like the man who approached Jesus and used the word “good,” perhaps without giving it much thought, we too need to be careful how we use and define our terms. As Jesus answered, “No one is good – except God alone”.

With that in mind being simply "good" doesn't grant you a way to God. According to God he is good and only he. We only become good through him and with him not on our own. Do all “good” people go to heaven? Since no one is good as defined by God, the answer is, “No.” Those who enter heaven do so not on the basis of merit, but on the basis of God’s grace as bestowed by Jesus Christ. We can’t work our way to heaven or claim to be without sin (1 John 1:8). Instead, we must humbly submit to God, turn from our wrong behavior, and turn to Christ for salvation.

According to God we aren't good. We are very deeply flawed people. Albeit some are way more flawed then others but none of us are truly good.

Judaism existed before jesus so it would be difficult for him to be in there faith however there are those jews who believe jesus was the messiah. I do know muslims believe in jesus for a fact and the stories are all the same. Conveived by Mary with the holy spirit,cured the blind,walked on water etc. Only difference is Jesus to muslims is not god but the messiah.

I believe in monotheism. One god. Sure christianity has the trinity but it is still the same god as muslims and jews. The scripts also vary between the three religions but it is still the same principles. Dont have premarital sex. Dont steal. Dont kill. Worship god etc etc. Which brings me to my point. Why would a sensible god put a worshipping and good moraled muslim or jew in hell? The only reason you are christian is because you were raised with christianity around you. If you were born in Saudi Arabia odds are you would be a sunni muslim.

·
Registered
18,880 Posts
No way to know until it happens.

I assume it's afterlife, reincarnation or nothingness.

That third option really sucks.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Absolutely nothing. Our hearts and minds are what keeps us in the world. Once they stop so do we in all that we are. There's no way around that.

The concept of an afterlife is simply a construct we've made to deal with our fear of death. Which is perfectly understandable. But it ain't real.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
It depends on what you believe, because nobody really knows at this point. We can't talk to people who have passed on, they live on only as part of our memories the same way as we will live on to someone's memory when we die. Our existence on Earth seems to be only for a moment while this whole planet we live in, will eventually outlive the rest of humanity.

I'd rather not think of what happens after death...because I'd rather think about how do I live since eventually we'll all die when our time is up. What matters to me right now, is to live.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
Nothing, basically a dreamless sleep that you don't awake from. Anyone who has experienced things after "dying" before being brought back are probably just experiencing their brain going through some kind of panic state to reboot itself. Your brain essentially going haywire and throwing out images and "light".

as stephen hawkin said I believe, heaven is concept created by those who are afraid of the dark. Plus we all know that If it sounds too good to be true then it likely is. Heaven is just a means of making the hurdles of life easier to deal with.

The universe is made up of chemical reactions. When you die, chemical reactions take place where your body is broken down into chemicals which may or may not translate into energy for other living organisms such as plants and insects. Thats about as much of an afterlife as there likely is.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Absolutely nothing. Our hearts and minds are what keeps us in the world. Once they stop so do we in all that we are. There's no way around that.

The concept of an afterlife is simply a construct we've made to deal with our fear of death. Which is perfectly understandable. But it ain't real.
Agreed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Your subconscious mind takes over into a lucid dream.

https://www.near-death.com/paranormal/edgar-cayce/dreams.html#a02

Many psychics say this in their books.

A lucid dream is being fully aware that you are dreaming. If you meet up with a departed friend or relative in a lucid dream, you can actually ask their subconscious mind a question or share a message that you were unable to communicate to them while they were alive.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts