Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to Zack Ryder??? he was pushed like crazy and now all of sudden hes nowhere to be seen WTF. Zack is so over and his merchandise is selling on the levels of Cena's that shows hes a huge money maker what is Vince doing???

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
Ryder should have never been pushed. He's simply enhancement talent, a cooler version of Eugene. His "push" should go to somebody who deserves it, like Kofi.

Ryder's gimmick has ran it's course and it's time to future endeavor him down to the Impact Zone so he can win the tag titles with Robbie E.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
I swear a bunch of similar threads have been popping up recently.

Anyway, he has a comedy gimmick. The WWE will never view him as anything more than a gimmick character as long as he remains like that. They decided to make him a plot device in a Cena storyline, and in that storyline he was made to look like the biggest geek possible. He got screwed by Cena and never really got payback, he got screwed by Eve multiple times and never got payback, and he got whipped by Kane multiple times and never got payback. He had his 15 minutes and in a year he'll be back to where he was before.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
He's joined the Job Squad, which is where he belongs. I gotta say that the Kane/Eve/Cena storyline where he was involved has to be one of the best, in terms of 'so bad it's good', storylines I've ever witnessed. He was made out to be the biggest geek ever. A couple of posts above expresses it best. Cena stole his girl but nothing came out of it, Eve made a complete fool out of him and it was left at that and Kane has tossed him around like a joke with no payback. I'm gonna laugh when Kane beats him again tonight in 'squash' fashion. :lol (and if he beats Kane, then "the big red monster" should be renamed "the big masked jobber")

He has been screwed over, though.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Well he is where he should be...
the fuck away from my Tv

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I swear a bunch of similar threads have been popping up recently.

Anyway, he has a comedy gimmick. The WWE will never view him as anything more than a gimmick character as long as he remains like that. They decided to make him a plot device in a Cena storyline, and in that storyline he was made to look like the biggest geek possible. He got screwed by Cena and never really got payback, he got screwed by Eve multiple times and never got payback, and he got whipped by Kane multiple times and never got payback. He had his 15 minutes and in a year he'll be back to where he was before.
The former Intercontinental Champion, and current United States Champion says hi.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Ryder should have never been pushed. He's simply enhancement talent, a cooler version of Eugene. His "push" should go to somebody who deserves it, like Kofi.

Ryder's gimmick has ran it's course and it's time to future endeavor him down to the Impact Zone so he can win the tag titles with Robbie E.

Kofi, really? what the hell does that guy bring to the table besides a couple of cool moves. He is better than ryder though, I'll give you that

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Ryder is busy getting slamdunk Chokeslammed by Kane... which is a good thing. He never gets much of a reaction, despite sales... his gimmick kind of screams midcarder, not maineventer. Even if he's selling like cena, dont expect to be at the same place on the roster.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've always liked Ryder, thought he was a decent worker with a mildly amusing gimmick. He'll never be a main eventer with his current gimmick as it is, but I think another run with the US Title wouldn't be out of the question. Or maybe a run as IC Champ. Either way, he deserves another run with a mid-card title I think.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Now that this crap with Kane is over (it better be) time to start over, I could easily see Zack team up with someone and go for the tag gold. He's still over, even though the atrocious booking he had in hopes of getting Cena cheered killed his momentum.
No worries IMO, he's still very young and at the same time he has plenty of experience on the main roster. The Fallen Broski shall rise again.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
11,100 Posts
Why does everyone equate a "good push" to "main eventing?"

Were Rude, Honky Tonk, Santana, Perfect or O. Hart World Champions? No but they were top superstars in there times because they were over. Just like Santino today, be over as fuck and you'll be fine. I'm sure Santino has held more titles than Miz at this point.

Ryder is over and should be booked as such.

·
Registered
289 Posts
As the previous poster mentioned, you need a mid-card and low card to run a successful show. Maybe they are so used to the crap TNA and the WWE have been putting out for a few years now, they just do not understand why the product sucks right now.

If the WWE had a good booking crew, Ryder would be able to get over very well, and be a strong mid-card talent. He will never be a main eventer, at least not with his current gimmick.

There were many guys over the years who never went to the main event, yet, were very popular and added a lot to the show. When laying out a show, you need other guys besides Cena and main eventers to put on a good show. During the Attitude era, they were able to create a quality show around Austin, The Rock, HHH, and others. Were the New Age Outlaws main eventers? Not by a long shot, but they were mid-carders who entertained the crowd.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Rather than being completely biased against or for Ryder, I figured I'd post what's most likely correct.

a:
WWE absolutely hate talent getting over by themselves, so they punish them. Ryder did it, Hawkins and Reks tried it. What are these 3 guys doing now? Basically low-carding or jobbing.

b:
WWE realises that Ryder is better being in the low card and having something people can get behind, so his merchandise sells more.
Seems realistic now, really. Giving him a certain amount of air time, not too little to make everyone bitch and whine, and not too much to make him overextend his 'welcome' and lose supporters, like just about every other fucking IWC darling ever. (Bar Christian)

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
The former Intercontinental Champion, and current United States Champion says hi.
I wish this was the case...but I give you the single reason your point is invalid:

1. Santino isn't taken seriously. The US title means shit and he only won the Intercontinental title early on in his career when he was less of a comedic, gimmick character.

2. Santino hasn't been in the shit storyline that Ryder has been in.

Shad Gaspard on how the people with the old school mentality view on gimmick characters:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts