Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has confused me for long time.

I remember back in 2008 when Regal won King of The Ring, it seemed that he was getting a push straight to the main event, as he became the GM and he got amazing heat everytime, I was convinced he was gonna win the WHC at one point, but all of a sudden it seemed that his push halted near the end of the year. Why? Was it backstage issues or something?

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
Would have loved to have seen what would have happened if he didnt have violated the policy

·
Premium Member
11,837 Posts
It's a shame that Regal's push got ruined by a violation of the Wellness Policy. He was set for a rivalry with Triple H over the WWE Championship.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a shame that Regal's push got ruined by a violation of the Wellness Policy. He was set for a rivalry with Triple H over the WWE Championship.
Holy shit, that would of been amazing. Thanks for all of the answers guys. Although, if he fueded with Regal we wouldn't of seen the surprisingly good matches with Jeff Hardy, so I guess that was good.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
What a fucking shame! Imagine him as World Champion - title defenses, promos... I believe it would be awesomeness all around.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would have loved to see him as a world champ, would have been genuinely different and interesting. He's not an obvious choice but look what happened with Bradsahw.

Shame he got busted, I read his autobiography and thought he'd done really well to kick the drugs.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
He would've added tremendous value to the WHC.

Lol, Imagine Regal with the WWE Championship? I can't see it... it looks so "not royal", to say.

·
Registered
802 Posts
violation of the drug policy.

it's confused you for two years? let me introduce you to wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Regal
dont beleive everything you read on there i was in an ict lesson in college a few years ago and someone put "kurtis is gay" and it was there for a week maybe longer dunno.

i never thought they would of went with him that way never had that much inring ability for me loved his promos to bits though.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
They gave him the king of the ring gimmick or else they would have have probably released him or offered him a road agent role... simple as that. That's what happened to his push... he was never going to get one.

Sadly enough I must say.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
LOL at WWE waiting until 2008 to push him. He should have been pushed from day one. The guy is phenomenal in the ring, as good as anyone I’ve seen, and he can sure play a character. One of the most balanced talents in the history of pro wrestling. He deserved Booker T’S entire push and run, for a start.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts