Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
The Dream
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hello. It happens that I haven't logged on for about 2 years, and much to my surprise everything seems to have changed. I logged on again some 15 minutes ago and did a quick check up on the forum. Layout's different. Chatbox and a lot of other features seem to be gone. Way less people on the forum in general, and I barely know any names.

Fill me up please.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,202 Posts
Well, hello. It happens that I haven't logged on for about 2 years, and much to my surprise everything seems to have changed. I logged on again some 15 minutes ago and did a quick check up on the forum. Layout's different. Chatbox and a lot of other features seem to be gone. Way less people on the forum in general, and I barely know any names.

Fill me up please.
Some people are in prison now, that`s it. So you have less users and less people to recruit mods from. The rest is from having less people watching this stuff. Welcome back!

·
Queen of all Galaxies
4,429 Posts
It's just......

I came back in late February for the WrestleMania season, but I'll retire next week. Nothing interesting happens on here anymore.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,747 Posts

Fill me up please.
Around December of 2019 (I think that is the right timing) they did an "upgrade" that changed the layout and removed the chatbox and rep system.

Plus wrestling ratings, popularity, and quality keep going down so less people are posting as a result of all that.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,992 Posts
We're still waiting on those major positive changes to the site (closer to the old format) btw, @Administrator.

This isn't a suggestion nor a recommendation too. It's a necessity.

Around December of 2019 (I think that is the right timing) they did an "upgrade" that changed the layout and removed the chatbox and rep system.

Plus wrestling ratings, popularity, and quality keep going down so less people are posting as a result of all that.
Yep, that is the right timing.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,863 Posts
Forum got updated or something.

And all the good posters fucked off to discord.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,102 Posts
Forum got updated, lot less features so a lot of people left.

Also, shit is way more negative overall about mostly everything which also drove away people, as well as constant bickering between specific people which also didn't help matters.

·
The Dream
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I see. I haven't watched any wrestling in the past 2 years myself. Quit WWE even before that, but at least I used to see Lucha Underground and NJPW. Then LU went down, and I lost interest in NJPW with Shibata's retirement. Fast forward to this week and I tried to watch AEW again, because there's just not much to do with COVID around, and it just doesn't hit like it used to. Not AEW's specific product, there are guys I really like there (Darby, Penta, Fenix, Pac, Mox, etc...) but wrestling in general. Might be a weird take but my fascination with wrestling always had a lot to do with crowd reactions. There's this whole psychology behind the way people react to different things and personas. So the lack of crowds doesn't help a bit.

Anyway I used to like this place, and the reasons for it go beyond wrestling. I enjoy the memories, and the way I could find myself at home in very different places here. With the Becky stans on the old Becky appreciation thread, with the 'cool kids' at the sports section, with the disgruntled DC fans and movie buffs at the entertainment section, and towards the end of my stint on the mafia section (even though short lived for me, had a lot of fun). The place where I found the best pals though, was in Fantasy and Games (and the old LU threads). Also would have liked to try my hand at the debates that used to be ran on here, but I felt like I wasn't intellectually mature enough for them at the time.

Thanks to who welcomed me back, but it's not likely I will be staying given the apparent state of things. Toxicity was always a problem here, and if anything it seems like there's even more of it now, and less good things to balance it out. Kinda came here to see if there were still any familiar faces, but it seems like 90% percent of the people I used to know are gone. I do remember you Middy, and DC too (and your list threads which were always fun to vote on).

·
Administrator
59,197 Posts
VerticalScope ruined and abandoned the forum. Many people left. Others are much less active.The end.

·
Registered
Smile :)
14,571 Posts
Retards updated the site and drive away almost all decent posters.

This site has since fallen to untermensch.
I wouldn't even call it an 'update'

I swear it literally looks more old fashioned now. No cool userbars, no chatbox, no smileys, no rep, you can barely see signatures. Absolute backwards design.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,396 Posts
Welcome back. Basically they killed the chatbox and a load of other stuff (which also drove the mafia players away). So yeah most of the good posters left or pop in now and again rarely. Tbh this site is just full of too many negative people: (About WWE and AEW) so I prefer other places where people don't hate everything.

·
Oh Becky Becky, Becky Becky Becky Becky Becky Lync
2,283 Posts
I wouldn't even call it an 'update'

I swear it literally looks more old fashioned now. No cool userbars, no chatbox, no smileys, no rep, you can barely see signatures. Absolute backwards design.
Bingo. It's a complete downgrade if I've ever seen one. A move, absolutely no one wanted but still insisted on going ahead with it. Silly sausages.

·
Southern Pride
4,739 Posts
Welcome back to whoever has been gone for awhile. Bad news is that the forum is this way in 2021.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Fill me up please.
2020 happened

1 - 20 of 50 Posts