Wrestling Forum banner

What Happened To Wade Barrett's Push??

2634 Views 20 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Samee
Since I don't watch Smackdown, last night was the first time I saw Barrett with his new group, and my reaction was quite MEH. I wanted Barrett to get in Cena's face, screw up the match, call out Nexus, something. Instead, he just barks about a rematch clause.

Last year, the buzz was Barrett vs Undertaker at Mania. He was a powerhouse with Nexus causing the great John Cena to be his lapdog for a brief period of time. Barrett was a badass on the mic and dominate in his group. Then the writers decided to defang him and get him kicked out of Nexus.

Now we have two small piss poor factions that have zero impact on the shows. New Nexus continued to look pathetic tonight. CM Punk gets his ass stomped by Randy Orton and the new Nexus run out to help. Then they back up as if Orton was protected by an invisible wall. I'm just baffled why Barrett was pushed so hard and then practically forgotten. The rumor is Nexus vs Corre at Mania so maybe creative is going to shake things up soon.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
Since I don't watch Smackdown, last night was the first time I saw Barrett with his new group, and my reaction was quite MEH. I wanted Barrett to get in Cena's face, screw up the match, call out Nexus, something. Instead, he just barks about a rematch clause.

Last year, the buzz was Barrett vs Undertaker at Mania. He was a powerhouse with Nexus causing the great John Cena to be his lapdog for a brief period of time. Barrett was a badass on the mic and dominate in his group. Then the writers decided to defang him and get him kicked out of Nexus.

Now we have two small piss poor factions that have zero impact on the shows. New Nexus continued to look pathetic tonight. CM Punk gets his ass stomped by Randy Orton and the new Nexus run out to help. Then they back up as if Orton was protected by an invisible wall. I'm just baffled why Barrett was pushed so hard and then practically forgotten. The rumor is Nexus vs Corre at Mania so maybe creative is going to shake things up soon.
Lol Doubt It

· Banned
18,124 Posts
He should feud with Rey Mysterio, but again, Rey would almost bury him, so idk really...

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Did you said.. "the great John Cena"??!!

· My man
6,562 Posts
He was to good and Vince wanted CM Punk to get the heat since the SES failed, so he dumped Wade on Smackdown, where the creative team was already planning for Del Rio's push and so Wade has had to take a backseat.

It's Punks fault.

· Registered
694 Posts
I have no idea what they're gonna do with Barrett now. Edge is feuding with Del Rio, Mysterio is feuding with Cody Rhodes, Big Show is feuding with Ezekiel Jackson, Undertaker is feuding with Triple H so where does that leave Barrett? Money In The Bank match probably.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
noting he is waiting for Del Rios push to pass .

· Recognize
21,207 Posts
Same thing that happened to Swagger, same thing that happened to Seamus, same thing that will most likely happen to JoMo, Miz and/or ADR at some stage this year. WWE is incapable going the whole way with somebody. Instead they push them for a few months, then pull out and turn them into a jobber. It's fucking retarded and will eventually be the reason why WWE has no stars in a few years time if they keep it up.

· Registered
600 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.