Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember October and November of last year the women's division on NXT was red hot, it and great characters, putting on great matches and it was one of the deepest and well booked divisions in North America. The talent for the most part is still on the show even with a pandemic but it seems the division took a nose dive. The Tegan/Dakota story was not as good as I thought it would be, it was fine but I expected something more epic than what we got. Now we got Charlotte as champion and it seems like it's just main roster booking. And I'm not blaming Charlotte but for a while, even before Mania, before the empty arena shows, the division felt lifeless. Never thought I would say this but I enjoyed Shayna's reign more, mainly due to the booking of the division and how everything culminated in that great War Games match and even after it was still great. So what happened? The story telling, the matches have all gone down and it doesn't interest me as I thought. I'm sure the Takeover match (if it's a triple threat) will be good but something is missing. They still have the talent there.

·
Registered
23,497 Posts
Rhea became champion and lost some of the edge she had while chasing the title. Bianca hovered around the division for a little while longer without actually getting any higher on the card. Io got hurt and was out for a couple months. And then Charlotte beat Rhea clean at Mania. And while the match was excellent, IMO, it changed the landscape of the division.

They're in kind of a rebuild phase. Dakota and Tegan had a couple of fun matches but it felt like that feud never really ended. They're running vignettes for Dakota and Shotzi telling us more about these characters. Tegan is getting some squashes. They're featuring Chelsea on TV. Candice has a new character she's getting over. Bianca is gone. Shayna is gone. And Rhea and Io are in a weird position where they are both feuding with Charlotte.

So the division compared to a few months ago has it's fair share of problems and it's not just a Charlotte issue. That said it's still a division I enjoy and one that is still building their characters, they just need to get back on track and tweak some things.

·
Banned
839 Posts
That's great news. The women's division needs to be cursed and bomb, just like their 205 live thing.

Putting on so much women's wrestling across Raw, Smackdown and EVEN NXT has hurt the WWE's ratings and product drastically. Consider the fact that I won't even watch NxT because who wants to watch a show for a favorite like Damien Priest, if he has to wait each and every week and endure all the commercials and the frequent references to a bunch of fuckin women's storylines or matches? Or worse, be interrupted by women's wrestling? No wonder NxT sucks.. (and also sucks for other reasons like stale acts, and indy darling skinny cruiserweights like Finn Balor, Gargano and Adam Cole baybay...but that's another matter)

I have been wishing them to put most of their women's wrestling garbage on a different show like 205 live was, and keep just ONE show free of women's wrestling trash, may be even a 1-hour NxT show, but NO..

Enjoy the declining viewership and ratings..

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
That's great news. The women's division needs to be cursed and bomb, just like their 205 live thing.

Putting on so much women's wrestling across Raw, Smackdown and EVEN NXT has hurt the WWE's ratings and product drastically. Consider the fact that I won't even watch NxT because who wants to watch a show for a favorite like Damien Priest, if he has to wait each and every week and endure all the commercials and the frequent references to a bunch of fuckin women's storylines or matches? Or worse, be interrupted by women's wrestling? No wonder NxT sucks.. (and also sucks for other reasons like stale acts, and indy darling skinny cruiserweights like Finn Balor, Gargano and Adam Cole baybay...but that's another matter)

I have been wishing them to put most of their women's wrestling garbage on a different show like 205 live was, and keep just ONE show free of women's wrestling trash, may be even a 1-hour NxT show, but NO..

Enjoy the declining viewership and ratings..
How have you not been banned yet?

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
taking the title off rhea after she ended shayna's dominant reign in an amazing match really hurt the division imo

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,888 Posts
They lost Bianca Belair, she was the best thing about the division.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Charlie's what happened to it. It became less about showcasing what the women could do and more about how Charlie would fare against the division

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
How have you not been banned yet?
To be fair to him, he isn’t actually breaking any rules. He hates women’s wrestling, you may disagree but he’s entitled to his opinion. Freedom of speech my friend.

As for the thread. Rhea losing the belt immediately after a long chase, Bianca leaving, and of course everyone’s favourite division killer, Charlotte Flair.

·
Registered
173 Posts
  • It has nothing to do with Charlotte and everything to do with NXT booking falling off a cliff. The men's division is as bad as the women's. Main roster booking has infected the product. In fact, going live has really exposed HHH's short comings as a Booker, he's no better than Vince.

·
Registered
495 Posts
  • It has nothing to do with Charlotte and everything to do with NXT booking falling off a cliff. The men's division is as bad as the women's. Main roster booking has infected the product. In fact, going live has really exposed HHH's short comings as a Booker, he's no better than Vince.
Was it hhh choice to have Charlotte win nxt title or was that forced upon brand? Up until this point women's division was best part of show. Things were good with Belair, Basler, Rhea & Io just a short while ago

·
Registered
173 Posts
The women's division went downhill before she got there. As soon as they took the title off Shayna Baszler it become clear that people hated Baszler more than they liked Rhea Ripley, and Rhea cooled off immediately.

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
nxt has a heel problem everyone is a heel like who the fuck am i suppose to root for in the 3 way

nothing likable about Shirai what so ever
charlotte is well charlotte
rhea is more of a rebel anti hero

shotzi and tegan are the only babyfaces in the division

·
Registered
140 Posts
Two of their top stars are gone. Baszler and Belair both got called up (just to get f*cked again). Besides, Rhea, who they had build up so strong, lost clean to Charlotte. Now they have Charlotte, a cooled down Rhea, a cooled down Io and a lot of women who need to be build up before they can compete for the title.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts