Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10-11 years of not watching wrestling much, I recently started watching again over the past year or so. It's definitely not anywhere near as exciting as it used to be but that is another discussion.

One thing I cant figure out is: What happened to the tag team division of WWE? It seems non-existent from my viewpoint.

Honestly, I dont even know who has the belts right now. :confused:

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
The Nexus have the belts right now...I think the WWE thinks that most people have lost intrest in tag wrestling.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
For some idiotic reason, McMahon has this dumb belief that Tag Team Wrestling doesn't sell. Although, the reason why it doesn't sell is because the WWE doesn't care about having a good Tag-Team Division.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Nexus, the Usos, and Hart Dynasty are the only real tag teams in the entire WWE right now???

Wait a sec, they are splitting up Hart Dynasty...... so there are a total of 2 tag teams? wtf?

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
So Nexus, the Usos, and Hart Dynasty are the only real tag teams in the entire WWE right now???

Wait a sec, they are splitting up Hart Dynasty...... so there are a total of 2 tag teams? wtf?
Yup, they split up the Hart Dynasty. They released Caylen Croft of the Dudebusters, Vance Archer of the Gatecrashers, and Shad Gaspard from Cryme Tyme.

So, they don't care about Tag Teams, and they just released a lot of guys who were in Tag Teams.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Just get rid of the belts. No need to have them with no real division [Which I'm fine with, tag teams should be left to the Indies anyways].

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
The Brand Extension happened. Tag team wrestling hasn't been the same since the first WWE draft, in fact I remember them breaking almost every tag team in WWE on that night.

With two world titles and two midcard titles it seems like they should just forget about tag team wrestling.

·
Not Bruce Wayne
2,114 Posts
Its gone in WWE. The only tag teams they have are Gabrial/Slater, Santino/Kaslov and the Uso's. They just need to get rid of the Tag Titles.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
santino and koslov baby.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Nothing Heath and Gabrielle are sick with the titles. They need to change the way the belts look though because they look like pennies glued to leather.

·
Registered
189 Posts
arnt you guys forgetting that cena was recently 1 half of the tag team champions? how could the division be dead if the main face of the company recently held the title!

(i really hope no one takes this seriously)

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Just the fucking retardedness of all that random shit that went on the past year and a half. We didn't have any stables. I miss the days when Regal and Taylor, London and Kendrick, Miz and Morrison, MnM and all that shit happened, those were the days.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Heres what happened PRECISELY

In 2002 all the attitude era teams split up, the DX reunion got derailed and of course the creation of a second tag title created a slew of mass confusion that wwe is still yet to recover from,

Leading up to 2005 it seemed that EVERY SINGLE new tag team consisting of green horns were winning them almost immediately with no real build up,

the teams would split aswell, the individuals would then flounder and be forgotten,

all while guys were just going on to win the world titles with no proper tag team or ic title run,

over the years as all the non world titles got put on creative's backburner of afterthought,

the brand split post 2005 was getting in the way by reducing the number of tag teams

and like the ic and us titles the tag title matches would almost always open shows or get left off of ppvs altogether like they meant nothing.

They had a slim chance to be credible again when Kane and Big Show won them and were giving us solid entertaining matches, then of course they to lose to a quintet of inexperienced queer looking cheerleaders who altogether couldn't beat two over the hill roadies acting like pre-teens(DX, how ironic) and the belts have never recovered since

heck maybe if DX actually had the belts when they and Cena were steamrolling over the whole roster then they might have had a chance to be relevant before they finally won them,after creative team admitted they mucked them up by unifying them ON THE WRESTLEMANIA PRE SHOW!!!!

And yet they still only went around the waists of mish mashes of two singles guys WHO OCCASIONALLY GET SQUASHED LIKE JOBBERS BY THE MAIN EVENTERS and whom in lots of cases the writing team couldn't come up with anything better than

"oh lets just throw the tag belts on these guys who hate eachother, ho ho, awkward couples and awkward situations always make great tv" even though nowadays its one of the most OVERUSED STEREOTYPICAL OVER-BLOATED STORY GIMMICKS IN ALL OF FICTION,

meanwhile tag team wrestling was getting revived in TNA and on the Indys, in some cases becoming even better then the main event, SO THERE WAS NO EXCUSE, HECK EVEN SCRAPPING THEM ALTOGETHER WOULD HAVE BEEN AN IMPROVEMENT

bottom line: there is no tag division, there's no journey, no road to the tag titles like there would be for any other title in fact they are only used as stepping stones towards the World Titles IF EVEN AT ALL

even TNA is guilty of this nowadays

i will admit that is indeed nice or flattering when the tag title match is the third or second to last of the night because besides being the main event itself THAT'S THE WAY IT SHOULD BE

·
Registered
159 Posts
No if you want to see real tag team wrestling you watch TNA on spike tv every thursday. That's where the real tag team wrestling is. WHen you see the Motor City Macine Guns, Generation Me, Beer Money, and London Brawling, then you're in the right spot.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
Tag-Team wrestling doesn't exist in WWE anymore. For exciting tag matches see ROH, TNA and Dragon Gate.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
No if you want to see real tag team wrestling you watch TNA on spike tv every thursday. That's where the real tag team wrestling is. WHen you see the Motor City Macine Guns, Generation Me, Beer Money, and London Brawling, then you're in the right spot.
certainly an improvement yes, but lets not lie to ourselves here, Generation Me are great but have been booked like glorified jobbers, Beer Money are done in the tag division, that series with MCMG has burned them out, split-up inevitable, London Brawling are nice to watch but aren't back in there yet

Ink Inc are very average at best

the guns holding the gold is the only true shining light through this monotony

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And let me say I hate the tag teams where they just throw 2 random guys together... like Edge and Jericho or Big Show and Miz. It just doesnt work. Doesnt feel the same. :\

There needs to be more gimmick tag teams.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts