Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Yes, he is. Though I think he should be back any time soon. I don't know any detail on what his injury was, for how long was he supposed to recover and how he's doing now. He was among the NXT initial breakout stars and was obviously suited for a push until the injury happened.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Steamboat suffered a serious back injury and from what I've read he could be done with wrestling

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
He's been out for a year - his injury was in October of `12. The doctors wanted to wait and see if it would repair itself, so his surgery was in May. That puts him 5 months out of back surgery, which isn't too bad a healing time. In August, he posted that his return could be any time between 1 and 5 months.

He has a new twitter, still affiliated with WWE. So, I assume he thinks he could make a comeback.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
He SHOULD be back, hopefully it won't be like Bronson where he's just done with wrestling at such young of an age.

·
Premium Member
10,442 Posts

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Bronson had a back injury that put him out of wrestling, Steamboat had one of similar seriousness. He's not guaranteed to be able to wrestle, which is a shame, because he showed a lot of promise as a rookie.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
He and WWE are being very smart with his health. Very much taking baby steps with his recovery. They have high hopes for him and he's still very young. The impression was always that they saw him as being the first "Home Grown" WWE champ. Totally disregarding his short time spent on the indies and training with some wrestling greats. All that focus has been shifted to Bo Dallas. By all reports he's still been in and around the system throughout his injury, studying tapes and working on his promos. I hope he overcomes his injury because he could be a big deal.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
I really, really didn't like Richie Steamboat. The ultimate bland, uncharismatic 'good guy' who was only hired and pushed because of his father. I feel sorry for him being injured and everything but I'm not disappointed at all since he used to bore me to tears on FCW and at the start of NXT. I hope that if he does come back, he returns with a new personality and character other than 'Ricky Steamboat's son'. Otherwise I couldn't care less if he never returns.

·
Registered
221 Posts
it is sad and i really hope he is able to recover...i remember before his injury he was on the short list of call-ups along with Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, and Big E Langston, i do believe the position that Bo Dallas was in around Royal Rumble and now in NXT was supposed to be Richie Steamboat spot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts