Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They gave them 1 weeks build up and a PPV match and now just have pulled the plug on it? Ted was nowhere to be seen on Smackdown. If they actually want Cody mixing with the main eventers thats fine but take the IC Title off him. Barrett/Bryan/Gabriel/DiBiase/Jackson ect could all make better use of it.

btw Cody's match with Sheamus was f'n awesome. Hope to see more between the two of them in the future.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
They are planning on re-building the IC Title, having it on actual future main eventers instead of trying to waste it on guys who only need to get on the show. They thought Ted was being misused, now they realized he is not worth it.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are planning on re-building the IC Title, having it on actual future main eventers instead of trying to waste it on guys who only need to get on the show. They thought Ted was being misused, now they realized he is not worth it.
I know what you mean but I'd much rather see a D-Bryan vs Wade fued over the IC Title that actually means something then Cody fueding with Orton without even defending it. It would be like Miz with the US Title all over again.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I think it'll rekindle eventually if they can get Ted to be a little more over.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Exactly as I predicted once it was obvious the match was happening at NoC. They're getting a match out of the way early so Rhodes can get pushed to the main event with that IC title coming along with him. Rhodes/Dibiase will be re-visited but only to either put the belt on Dibiase or if Dibiase manages to make the main event in the future.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly as I predicted once it was obvious the match was happening at NoC. They're getting a match out of the way early so Rhodes can get pushed to the main event with that IC title coming along with him. Rhodes/Dibiase will be re-visited but only to either put the belt on Dibiase or if Dibiase manages to make the main event in the future.
Almost spat out my pepsi max.

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
They just needed a match for their Night of Champions PPV, I don't think they had any intention in turning Ted face but had no other option really. Just goes to show you how late these plans are laid out.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The first match sucked. Well, maybe it didn't suck but Ted really didn't show anything at NOC that would make people want to see the match again. It's all well and good saying this or that wrestler should get a push but when the opportunity presents itself they have to step up to the plate and prove they deserve it. Ted failed to do that so his push was cut short.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
It was just a filler so they could have a IC title match at NOC

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
They just needed a match for their Night of Champions PPV, I don't think they had any intention in turning Ted face but had no other option really. Just goes to show you how late these plans are laid out.
If they didn't have plans for a DiBiase vs. Rhodes feud, they should have never turned DiBiase face. Now he has no direction and no real momentum for the face turn. But Smackdown is known for terrible booking decisions like this so it doesn't surprise me that it happened.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I know what you mean but I'd much rather see a D-Bryan vs Wade fued over the IC Title that actually means something then Cody fueding with Orton without even defending it. It would be like Miz with the US Title all over again.
i couldn't disagree more, Miz hardly defended the title in his reign, where as Cody has defended it 3 times in the last 2 weeks, and his whole reign he has had 4 successful defenses in only 2 months. So i don't see how it will be anything related to Miz's reign, 'cause unlike Miz, when Cody faces main eventers, he is actually defending it (he defended it against Sheamus)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts