Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrestlers used to have bad ass original entrance instrumentals.

Now all of their music sounds the same:
A Nickleback clone singing over a guitar riff.

Entrance music plays a big part and nowadays it's so generic

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Administrator
59,114 Posts
Don't bump your thread. Removed the post. Isn't that Johnston guy no longer with the company. He was the one responsible for the greatest themes ever.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
There are very few themes I like right now. Let's leave out mainstream songs and part timers from my "likes list"

1. Codys theme
2. AJs theme
3. Big Es theme
4. Kaitlyns theme
5. Cesaros theme
6. Natalyas theme (for the simple fact I still think Bret's coming out)

The rest really don't do it for me. I liked Ziggler's when it was I AM PERFECTION, but now I don't really care about it anymore.

Themes from the past really weren't that much better, the characters and their theme just meshed so that's why they seemed better.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wrestlers used to have bad ass original entrance instrumentals.

Now all of their music sounds the same:
A Nickleback clone singing over a guitar riff.

Entrance music plays a big part and nowadays it's so generic

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
thats why ChaChaLaLa is so freakin awesome, it couldnt be more different to every other song. Flamboyant and its probably as big or bigger than the wrestler himself

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The recent themes haven't been all that bad. Fandango, Shield, Ryback & Wyatt all have songs that suit them to a tee, for example.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Also PPV songs back in the day they were better promoted ( Survivor series 2002 even had live song by Saliva ( with all the feuds) ...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
So when out of the most recent debuts on the main roster the only generic theme was Cesaro's debut theme, I really don't see your point. The issue was that they went through a phase of having the same band, Downstait, record a few peoples themes.

Also, if the first few seconds are distinct, the rest can be as generic as you want.

·
Fairy Hunter
1,783 Posts
Isn't that Johnston guy no longer with the company. He was the one responsible for the greatest themes ever.
No, he still composes entrance music; he just spends more time writing themes than recording them nowadays. A rare example is The Shield's theme, which he recorded himself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts