Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Prior to December 2019, every week WWE Network used to add a new bit of classic content. On some weeks it was just a Hidden Gem. Occasionally it was another year of All Star Wrestling or WWF Superstars.But over the last ten weeks or so, the only pre-2010 content that they have added is three additional months of 1989 Prime Time Wrestling. Other than that, we haven't seen anything else.

Has WWE made a decision to move away from classic, legacy content? If so, what is the reason? It cannot be cost, as these shows are essentially free to air as opposed to a new season of The Edge and Christian Show.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Yeah I've been waiting for them to add more fucking Prime Time for ages. More superstars too. Assholes.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've been waiting for them to add more fucking Prime Time for ages. More superstars too. Assholes.
It’s one of the things that makes me go “hmmm” when I hear things like WWE moving their content to ESPN+ or Amazon Prime. New content that’s precooked (RAW, Smackdown, NXT, PPVs) still goes to the Network, but WWE holds any additional classic content back for whatever replaces the Network.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah something is definitely happening with network concept. The premium tier, talk of selling PPVs to other platforms and executives leaving. Personality I think they'll combine both ideas. Premium tier for PPVs and streams, plus WM, Rumble etc sold to Amazon Prime and MITB, Extreme Rules etc sold to NBC Peacock.

For example :
WWE Network+ ($12.99, inc WWE Classics, extras )
WWE Classics ($6.99 per month)

Only the classic tier would offer a free month.

They really need to upload WCW Saturday Night 1990-1991/1994-1995 and WWF Prime Time from 1990-1991 because a huge chunk of those years are missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts