Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember these two were pretty good back in the day. They had decent matches before. What the heck happened at this ppv, why was their match so mediocre? They had good matches against each other, especially back in the WWE. Did they just put on too many pounds and get out of shape or something after going to TNA?

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
I agree about Anderson. He used to be a lot better when he was in the WWE, especially in 2006-2007. It's almost like the guy lost all of his confidence and forgot how to wrestle. With that said, I thought the match at the PPV was decent. Not great but not bad either.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Neither guy can carry a match. If they're with someone who can get the best out of them and do the best to hide their flaws then yes, they can help be in good matches. Particularly Hardy. But neither man can lead a match that well and I think that showed with the lacklustre performance on Sunday. Plus the whole face v face dynamic doesn't really help either when in a match considering for it to work you need two great guys who can put on a story of one-upsmanship or something to keep the crowd entertained. The match on Sunday had no story really behind it for them to go off in the ring and it showed.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ right now yes. But back in WWE they were ok. Not great, but ok at least.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Hardy only goes to the level of the guy he's with so with talented guys like Angle he's great and with clods like Anderson he's terrible. Anderson's been bad in TNA since day one besides a couple of matches with Angle so no surprise there.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anderson was ok in that tag match with AJ vs Kaz & Daniels. I thought he was really regaining his form after that match.. And then this...

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
anderson and rvd are just a waist in tna along with flair...if those 3 were let go , not only would tna save money but it would also open spots for younger guys who are better and deserve the push

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hardy is great at selling, that is what he does.
Andersons offence is not that interesting he is kinda old school.
They are not that great of a pairing.

·
Banned
367 Posts
lol typical people criticising talent that wasn't born in TNA.

How's this for you. Hardy is more talented and known than any other wrestler in TNA. Better than Storm, Styles, Joe, Roode, etc. Does that pain you?? :D

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
lol typical people criticising talent that wasn't born in TNA.

How's this for you. Hardy is more talented and known than any other wrestler in TNA. Better than Storm, Styles, Joe, Roode, etc. Does that pain you?? :D

Reactions: Shepard

·
Banned
367 Posts
Oh you don't agree??

Look what Hardy has done in the wrestling business. Now compare it to the wrestlers you highlighted.

Look at the crowd reaction Hardy gets every week and now compare again. Even despite being TNA originals and the hardcore fans advantage. Hardy is a bigger star than all three combined. Only Sting, Flair, Hogan and Angle can compare with him.

Facts.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Oh you don't agree??

Look what Hardy has done in the wrestling business. Now compare it to the wrestlers you highlighted.

Look at the crowd reaction Hardy gets every week and now compare again. Even despite being TNA originals and the hardcore fans advantage. Hardy is a bigger star than all three combined. Only Sting, Flair, Hogan and Angle can compare with him.

Facts.
Sure but he still isn't a better wrestler than those listed. Even Jeff Hardy says that he isn't a better wrestler than any of those guys listed and he's intimidated by them.

lulz I missed this section.

·
Banned
367 Posts
So back to the question. If you guys prefer seeing wrestlers only rather than the whole package. Why don't you go and watch proper wrestling?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts