Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember he was like a cult leader and b-square bull buchanan was in his stable back in 1998. What happened to him?

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
I don't know what happened to him but I remember seeing him commentate on some ECW shows under the name Cyrus. He was alright as the slimy, annoying heel you wanted to punch in the face.

2,420 Posts
Didn't he become Cyrus the virus or something like that?

·
Likes wrestling....
8,090 Posts
Don Callis is his name, he did some work with ECW after his WWE stint and then completed his MBA. He eventually worked with TNA for a while, and claims that he invented the "Ultimate X" match. He left TNA and went into the business community.

I agree he was very good and the WWE blew it with him.

·
Butter My Arse
11,758 Posts
The Jackyl was an awesome manager in WWE, so underrated. The way he would portray his David Koresh persona on guys like Kurrgan, Recon and Sniper seemed to go over the heads of many in the audience, but he should have been given the chance to work with bigger guys. Many times he was the catalyst for angles/groups like The Oddities, who he then abruptly parted with, with no explanation given. Then when he formed The Acolytes, he was shafted once again without even given a chance.

Many people were saying he was a contender for the Higher Power angle in 1999 because he was the guy who brought Faarooq and Bradshaw together as the Acolytes. Would've been awesome if it came to light but indeed he was working for ECW at the time. A shame he quit the business really.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Didn't he have a lot of heat backstage in WWF? Heard he was full of himself, so rubbed some people the wrong way.

Thought Cyrus was amazing in ECW, fantastic colour commentator and his feud with Joel Gertner was always entertaining. Good manager for the likes of Rhino and Jerry Lynn too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.