Wrestling Forum banner

What happen to the match at X-7 ?

1438 Views 15 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  RatedRKODude
Do you guys noticed that the WWE have forgotten the match between HHH/Undertaker at Wrestlemania X-7, there is no mention of this match at the promos of HHH/Undertaker
what happen?:confused: its because of the blood or something?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
I reckon its either: A) it was the attitude era time, and they try to cut out a lot of that nowadays.
B) It was his American bad-ass gimmick, and their trying to put so much emphasis on his deadman gimmick, they completely remove any mention of his past.
Its probably a mixture of these two things.

Reactions: Outpost31

· Banned
2,691 Posts
I reckon its either: A) it was the attitude era time, and they try to cut out a lot of that nowadays.
B) It was his American bad-ass gimmick, and their trying to put so much emphasis on his deadman gimmick, they completely remove any mention of his past.
Its probably a mixture of these two things.
It's because HHH is being billed as the best chance there has ever been for someone to beat Taker at Mania, and by pointing out that he was already defeated by Taker at 17 doesn't make that billing seem so credible.

At least that's how I've taken it

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
They've been around so long it only makes sense that they would have feuded with each other extensively. From 2001 to 2003 they had numerous PPV matches against each other, its not just WM 17.

They want to keep Triple H credible and don't want it to look like Undertaker has an all but assured victory coming up.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Many aspects of the Undertaker streak are conveniently ignored, not just X7. For example the other week when he did his promo, Undertaker referred to "eighteen other guys have tried before you" when in fact the number of different opponents has been 16. They also basically never recognise that one of the wins was in a tag match, although if I were in the WWE I wouldnt want to mention that match either.

· Registered
1,458 Posts
What match? Are you trying to tell me that there was a match between these 2 at Wrestlemania 17??? Vince is telling me they never met at wrestlemania. Vince is god. I should not believe anything from the IWC.

· Registered
1,634 Posts
They've been around so long it only makes sense that they would have feuded with each other extensively. From 2001 to 2003 they had numerous PPV matches against each other, its not just WM 17.
Numerous? They had the match at WM 17, then a tag match at Backlash the following month. Then HHH got injured in May or something, and he was out the rest of the year. He returned, this time he was the face end Taker was the heel, they had a match at Insurrextion I think, which almost nobody remembers, after that, I don't think they have ever faced of one on one at a PPV.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
And lets not forget their epic encounter at Survivor Series 1995!

· Registered
2,271 Posts
At first I was pretty pissed that the WWE totally shunned and acted like the WM-17 match never happened. But now I'm whatever about it. 2001 was so different from what we have now. What can beat The Undertaker WM streak promo that leaves Hunter Hearst Helmsley out of the video? Cmon Vince. The true wrestling fans know about this match. Will they leave it out of the Wrestlemania anthology DVD collection? Will Vince ever admit that Triple H fought The Undertaker at Penn Station on Shotgun Saturday Night in 1997?

The Best Triple H vs Undertaker Match ever on SHOTGUN SATURDAY NIGHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UCv0wCZfQ0

· Registered
8,512 Posts
They should have acknowledged it this way:

Matt Striker: Triple H, what a match you had with the Undertaker back at Wrestlemania X-7.
Triple H: Yep, Probably the hardest match I've ever had in my life. But I don't like it, when things aren't my...aren't goin' my way. Undertaker, you turned the
tables on me. You turned the tables in a wrooooong way. You got me, MAD now!
Now, I'm the one doing the challenging. I'm issuing a challenge to you, Undertaker! Get...in...the...ring with me! This time, I'm going FULL FORCE!

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Numerous? They had the match at WM 17, then a tag match at Backlash the following month. Then HHH got injured in May or something, and he was out the rest of the year. He returned, this time he was the face end Taker was the heel, they had a match at Insurrextion I think, which almost nobody remembers, after that, I don't think they have ever faced of one on one at a PPV.
King of the Ring 2002 and six man Hell in a Cell at Armageddon 2000.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.