Wrestling Forum banner

What gimmicks do you think are some of the most racist gimmicks done by the WWE?

7218 Views 49 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  Len Hughes Presents
1) The Great Khali, an Indian who can' talk but only shout... followed by a Indian who translate for him

2) Cryme Tyme, black people who steal and wear shiny crap on their teeth

3) Los Guerros, Mexicans who lie, cheat, and steal

4) Muhammad Hassan, I don't even need to say with him, he drew so much racist heat

5) Mexicools, Mexicans who ride lawnmowers to the ring

6) The Nation of Domination, a black power group who is suppose to resemble the nation of Islam?

And should the WWE do a KKK gimmick? A *********** group gimmick?
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
7,935 Posts
Cryme Tyme is the obvious answer. Tatanka, although he was actually Native American, was pretty stereotypical (headdress, warrior chant thing in his theme song iirc, etc). Also Hassan wasn't racist (unless you mean he was racist against Americans), as most of the things he said were complaints that many Arab-Americans actually did have.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
I was going to post "In before people list any ethnic wrestler ever." but apparently I'm too late. People fling the word racist around so much it's beginning to lose all meaning. Khali? Yoshi Tatsu? Apparently just being non-white means you have a racist gimmick. I wouldn't even call Cryme Tyme particularly racist because the entire thing was clearly satirical and largely played for laughs.

Muhammad Hassan and Mr. Fuji are examples of genuine race-baiting gimmicks.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,262 Posts
I was going to post "In before people list any ethnic wrestler ever." but apparently I'm too late. People fling the word racist around so much it's beginning to lose all meaning. Khali? Yoshi Tatsu? Apparently just being non-white means you have a racist gimmick. I wouldn't even call Cryme Tyme particularly racist because the entire thing was clearly satirical and largely played for laughs.

Muhammad Hassan and Mr. Fuji are examples of genuine race-baiting gimmicks.
This.

Stereotyping and racism are two different things.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.