Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now when I say recycle, I don't mean copy cat (Swagger/Angle) because that's just plain embarrassing. By recycle, I'm thinking along the lines of Flair/Rogers, Miz/Rock, Cena/Hogan, Ziggler/Mr. Perfect, JBL/Dibiase. I was thinking Daniel Bryan could get more of an ECW Kurt Angle Wrestling Machine mixed with Dean Malenko's "Man of 1'000 holds" (not the same name) type of gimmick. Or instead of jobbing to everyone (including a midget), and losing championsips in 9 seconds, Chavo could pick up where Eddie left off with their "Lie Cheat Steal" gimmick.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,966 Posts
Duke Droese. Except with a twist...the character is trying to teach a new generation of kids about the benefits of recycling, rather than saturating landfill sites.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Chavo should carry Pepe around again.

And I want Beth Phoenix to have Goldbergs gimmick.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'd give Cody Rhodes a revamped "Legend Killer" gimmick.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Easy - Mordecai or something similar. That new "dark" character to stalk someone like The Undertaker or John Cena would still work in 2010.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Cena's gimmick is nothing like Hogan's.
Precisely. Cena's ROLE IN THE COMPANY is practically the same as Hogan's was, but their characters have practically nothing in common beyond being a top face and difficult to beat. At the moment, those criteria would make Cena as similar to Hogan as, say, Triple H.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Now when I say recycle, I don't mean copy cat (Swagger/Angle) because that's just plain embarrassing. By recycle, I'm thinking along the lines of Flair/Rogers, Miz/Rock, Cena/Hogan, Ziggler/Mr. Perfect, JBL/Dibiase. I was thinking Daniel Bryan could get more of an ECW Kurt Angle Wrestling Machine mixed with Dean Malenko's "Man of 1'000 holds" (not the same name) type of gimmick. Or instead of jobbing to everyone (including a midget), and losing championsips in 9 seconds, Chavo could pick up where Eddie left off with their "Lie Cheat Steal" gimmick.
I don't think Miz is a recylcing of the Rock, and DiBiase is a recycling of .... Ted DiBiase Sr.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I say recycle hhh 2000 heel run gimmick. he was arguably one of the most hated men in wrestling history during this time. he said he was the best, and went out there and won.. he won over, and over, and over again. and when he did lose, it would be a dirty loss. so he would come out and cry about it, which would lead to a rematch, which would lead to yet another win.. I would say give the gimmick to sheamus, mcintyre, barrett, or my personal favorite alberto del rio.. doesnt really matter who. just as long as the person is talented and can be counted on to have a long career in the wwe such as hhh has had.. The only reason why i say recreate the booking of hhh in 2000 with a superstar of today is because i know people who cant stand hhh to this day because of that run he had.. he was that damn good. lets face it, people hate winners.. especially when they are assholes about it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think Miz is a recylcing of the Rock, and DiBiase is a recycling of .... Ted DiBiase Sr.
When Rock started saying "If ya smell what The Rock is cookin'", it was annoying at first until the fans got behind it.
"I'm The Miz and I'm awesome", was annoying at first but now it's catching on with the fans.

Mike Mizanin+=The Miz
Rocky Miavia=The Rock

The Miz even came up with his name as a play off The Rock.

And I was comparing JBL to DiBiase Sr. (I probably should've specified that)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sabu, but I think all the performers currently on WWE/FCW have enough self-preservation going on to avoid this one...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts