Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This stems from the Batman thread with people discussing if Batman: Arkham City will win Game of the Year

I'm not saying the game is not deserving, but I question if the game will actually win Game of the Year. So, let's try "think will win, should win/my personal favorite". Granted there are usually a few winners since numerous sites and publications can have different opinions, but assume the game with the "most" picks to win Game of the Year I suppose. And yeah, some games are not out, but I think we can make a reasonable conclusion based on playing the previous game in the series (lot of sequels this year)

Game I think will win: Portal 2 (forgot about this game eh?)
Game I think will deserve to win: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
IMO, a game that wins GOTY should be a game that is available on all platforms, not some exclusive shit. Until now, Deus Ex is my pick. But with AC Rev, Batman AC, Skyrim and others still coming out later, it's hard to tell.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
In my opinion, Gears is the best I've played so far this year. But I don't think the Campaign was good enough for it to get GOTY, tbh. I just haven't played many games.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
I doubt Gears 3 will win the award. It lacks too many things in order to get the award. LA Noire has a bigger chance of winning it than Gears.

Dead Space 2 also has a chance of winning it, the game was awesome.

·
Asuka
96,237 Posts
I'll take a wild guess and say Skyrim, because from what I can tell, it looks like it's the biggest in scope, which is probably what's gonna be one edge in its favour. I really want to play it, but I have a bad feeling it's a game I wouldn't be able to enjoy because I'd be absolutely terrible at it. Either way, I'll guess that wins. Either that, or Uncharted 3, which I don't think is gonna be good enough to deserve it. I've never been as big a fan of the Uncharted games as everybody else, it's good gameplay and whatever, but it's not the best, and the campaign is good, but it's never as good as other campaigns. Gears 3 is an outside shot, and to be honest, I thought I was gonna give it GOTY, but the campaign really disappointed me. It wasn't anywhere near as good a story as the first two. If it does win, it's probably gonna be for all the multiplayer bullshit. But, I'm gonna stick to my choice and say Skyrim.

My personal GOTY I expect to be Arkham City, but I don't know. All the reviews say that it's amazing, but it'd be kind of weird to see a superhero game win GOTY, even if it deserves it. And if LA Noire wins, I'll be gobsmacked. That game is more repetitive than Assassins Creed 1. If it does, I'll bet anything Rockstar paid off the judges.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
Looking forward to Skyrim the most but expect Uncharted 3 or Batman: AC to take it at this point. Might even depend on what publication is giving out the awards. Haven't played Portal 2 though.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
I really want to play it, but I have a bad feeling it's a game I wouldn't be able to enjoy because I'd be absolutely terrible at it.
I hear ya, man. That's what I fear as well. The game looks amazing, but I have a feeling I'm going to suck at it. I hate it when a game is good but I suck at it. Like Hitman Blood Money, for instance. I really like the game and it's style, but I'm just terrible at it.

·
Asuka
96,237 Posts
I hear ya, man. That's what I fear as well. The game looks amazing, but I have a feeling I'm going to suck at it. I hate it when a game is good but I suck at it. Like Hitman Blood Money, for instance. I really like the game and it's style, but I'm just terrible at it.
Well, I can play Hitman. It's difficult to stay stealthy, but a Youtube walkthrough can change your luck, you'll see all the things you need to do and what not to do. Sometimes you still get caught but your luck goes drastically up once you know how things are done. Skyrim, though, the type of game it is, RPG or whatever the fuck, I don't know what it technically is, it looks too complicated to get used to the system. You'd probably have to be a hardcore fan of that type of game to navigate it.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
Well, I can play Hitman. It's difficult to stay stealthy, but a Youtube walkthrough can change your luck, you'll see all the things you need to do and what not to do. Sometimes you still get caught but your luck goes drastically up once you know how things are done. Skyrim, though, the type of game it is, RPG or whatever the fuck, I don't know what it technically is, it looks too complicated to get used to the system. You'd probably have to be a hardcore fan of that type of game to navigate it.
In Blood Money I always end up running around shooting people to accomplish a mission, that way I always feel like I'm insulting the game itself, that's why I don't wanna play it.

I tried Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, but I somehow couldn't get used to the inventory system. Didn't knew when to use things and just couldn't get into it. If Skyrim will have an inventory system similar to the Pip Boy in Fallout, it might be easier. I played through both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I might have some kind of experience in this type of first person RPG, but it took my a long time until I got used to Fallout's style.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,965 Posts
Looking at 2010's most favor GOTY was Mass Effect 2 with Red Dead Redemption in second place. 2009 was dominated by Uncharted 2.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts