Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why is Ziggler the show off? What exactly does he show off? The cougar, Vickie Guerrero? lol .. Its such an awful gimmick. He has nothing to show off. He hardly gets any mic time. And having Vickie by his side makes it even worse. At least he needs a hot valet, that he can SHOW OFF !

He has no storyline, no direction, no character development. Every time they do the same routine, Vickie comes out and introduces him and then he proceeds to job and bump all over the place.

I want to know what sense does that gimmick make !!

Reactions: Pojko

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Re: What exactly does Ziggler "SHOW OFF" ? Vickie ?

You're taking the "show off" way to literal here...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You're taking the "show off" way to literal here...
But that is such a horrible gimmick. It doesn't even serve a purpose. Doing push ups in the ring ?

At least have him cut promos about how he steals the show every time with his in-ring skills and have him a title or a hot valet to show off!

·
Banned
1,678 Posts

He shows off in just about everything he does. His an awesome wrestler and he shows off about his good move set.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts

Ziggler is beyond stale. He has nothing going for him except his in ring ability. I dont buy for a second that he can't change his name or his gimmick.

The problem is I think the Dolph Ziggler gimmick was originally meant to be a joke. But he worked hard and got it over farily well under the circumstances but now he is completely boring and brings nothing new to the table. A break and a gimmick change would do him a lot of good. I can't watch another Dolph Ziggler/Kofi Kingston match or i'll go insane.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts

Its pretty obvious...
If doing sit ups in a match isn't showing off, I dont know what is.

Also the bum wiggle as he walks out is VERY cool
:lmao

·
Banned
280 Posts

I totally agree with this thread, Dolph is not good enough to be a "Show Off" and he's had Vickie for 2 year's now. No character development and It's the same routine every week. I don't see any use in Dolph Ziggler anymore.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts

Ziggler is beyond stale. He has nothing going for him except his in ring ability. I dont buy for a second that he can't change his name or his gimmick.

The problem is I think the Dolph Ziggler gimmick was originally meant to be a joke. But he worked hard and got it over farily well under the circumstances but now he is completely boring and brings nothing new to the table. A break and a gimmick change would do him a lot of good. I can't watch another Dolph Ziggler/Kofi Kingston match or i'll go insane.
But what gimmick?
I say have him copy everything Nature Boy Buddy Rogers did for a start. He actually seems to have that "saunter" to the ring that Rogers had. Push the arrogant angle. Give him time as a face but STILL arrogant.

Get rid of Vickie and get someone who's not so annoying, but perhaps more active in helping him out.

As far as selling moves, he's the best I've seen in years. When you throw Dolph somewhere, it looks like you really threw him.
Plus it seems he gets better at applying holds every time they give him a chance to apply one.

Want to really grab him some ink in teh forums, the magazines, and on tv? Make him start calling himself the True Nature Boy. People will go batshit supporting him or castigating him.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts

Because he is one of the best workers in World Wrestling Entertainment?

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Sucks because he only show off his in ring ability that only the hardcore wrestling fans care. Casuals and kids doesn't give a fuck if Ziggler is a good wrestler worse of all they don't even notice it.

·
Registered
508 Posts

But what gimmick?
I say have him copy everything Nature Boy Buddy Rogers did for a start. He actually seems to have that "saunter" to the ring that Rogers had. Push the arrogant angle. Give him time as a face but STILL arrogant.

Get rid of Vickie and get someone who's not so annoying, but perhaps more active in helping him out.

As far as selling moves, he's the best I've seen in years. When you throw Dolph somewhere, it looks like you really threw him.
Plus it seems he gets better at applying holds every time they give him a chance to apply one.

Want to really grab him some ink in teh forums, the magazines, and on tv? Make him start calling himself the True Nature Boy. People will go batshit supporting him or castigating him.
Hire Rick Flair and make him his manager.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
His excellent jobbing skills.
You never fail to impress.

At the moment, WWE are using Ziggler in the same capacity :D .. He can be used as a good jobber because he can bump and bounce all around the ring.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts