Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hogan, Bischof, Hardy, Jarret, Abyss. This group just doesnt make sense especially after seeing Jarret and Abyss come out to their solo music when their partners. Do they even do anything as a group besides Hogan and Bischof being the "rulers of the company." Jeff Hardy is the Anti-christ and a darker heel, who would prob end up being a face because his character goes against the order that that Hogan and Bichof impose. Abyss is the same way, you make a guy seem like a monster and then you put him in some "power" group. It would be on thing if they played him off as being stupid, but they actually make him seem inteligible. FInally Jarret, who went from being the lead man of the company in real like and on screen to all of a sudden having some goofy mma gimmick and taking a back seat to Hogan and Bischof. Not to mention these two guys arent active and dont do much excpet repeat the same shit over again "Im the owner of this country" "im leagendary" etc...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think you made valid points, but this is TNA we are talking about. Personally, I have gotten used to the lack of logic and long term planning due to the writer of the show.

Jeff Jarrett MMA gimmick is probably only for his feud with Joe and Angle, don't think it's a long term thing. Abyss, they do portray him as viewing Hogan as his Saviour thus why he obey Immortal. One thing I don't enjoy is Jeff Hardy playing second fiddle to Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff.

The World Champion should be the main focus of the company, not the promoter.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i assumed they were just fucking shit up.

isn't that what every stable does, anyway?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Good thread. That's the key point. They promised "biiiiig stuff", but only do the standard "we enjoy power and celebrate ourselfs" routine.

All small and meaningless. Is that the controversy that creates cash, Eric?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Fortune shouldn't have joined them, maybe a loose affiliation but the group seems pointless. Hogan/Bischoff/Hardy/Jarrett/Abyss should come out frequently for promos and be shown backstage more often, and Hardy (the champion) should be the focal point rather than barely being on TV. This whole storyline has been totally botched, the Main Event Mafia angle was far better, it drew better ratings for a reason. The only good things to come out of this whole angle are the occasional Hardy promos when we get them and Jarrett's MMA stuff which is funny.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
They run the company, call the shots and 'make more money'.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can accept the wrestlers TNA has and how they like the older veterans and keep them at the top. But seriously if your going to do this at least make it interesting. Maybe Hogan and Bischof can start bringing in other from wrestlers like Xpac Road Dogg and BG lol, this is a stupid idea but wth are they doing now thats any better. I really agree that Hardy needs to be the focal point of not only immortal but of TNA, and maybe instead of "power" being the issue the belts should be weighted alot more. I mean shit from a logical perspective from a real life point of view, MMA fighter dont join the UFC to fight for Dana Whites Job...they fight for the belt. Wrestling obviously is different but its supposed to portray a wrestling ciriuit where the HW title is the object.....

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
I can accept the wrestlers TNA has and how they like the older veterans and keep them at the top. But seriously if your going to do this at least make it interesting. Maybe Hogan and Bischof can start bringing in other from wrestlers like Xpac Road Dogg and BG lol, this is a stupid idea but wth are they doing now thats any better. I really agree that Hardy needs to be the focal point of not only immortal but of TNA, and maybe instead of "power" being the issue the belts should be weighted alot more. I mean shit from a logical perspective from a real life point of view, MMA fighter dont join the UFC to fight for Dana Whites Job...they fight for the belt. Wrestling obviously is different but its supposed to portray a wrestling ciriuit where the HW title is the object.....
Bad example because in reality Dana White couldnt care less about the belt. It's about whos holding it. "Putting butts in seats, brother", you know.
As far as Hardy goes, he IS the champ and looks happy with it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've always said that Hardy should turn on the group, have Matt, Helms and Ink Inc run out from the crowd to annihilate the oldies and subsequently form a new super heel version of Immortal based around Jeff. That way, they'd have a purpose. All they're doing now is co-starring in the sideshow that is the downward spiral of Hulk Hogan.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
They have no purpose, because TNA doesn't book shit in advance. They're just there to justify Bound for Glory taking place in the Ocean Center and to make another stupid NWO revival.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts