Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
correct me if im wrong but wasnt bishoff hyping the top 10 tranking sytem to set tna apart from everyone else blah blah blah...if so then err, what happened to it....it kinda just stopped..

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Once they took the belt off RVD and didn't need to do Angle's chase through the top 10 they got rid of it.

·
Premium Member
43,674 Posts
I guess they abandoned it. To be perfectly honest, and I know I've said this a million times, I love the idea of a ranking system. I believe its necessary to just legitimize the title contenders, but TNA's system did not work at all. No ranking system in any real sport uses fan voting to determine the rankings. That makes no sense and no athlete should ever get a title shot because the fans want it. It needs to be earned through a series of wins, and a strong win/loss record. I know wrestling is scripted, but it should adhere to some of the rules of real sports in order to make the product more logical.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
RVD was on Impact too much so they had to scrap it. It really was not a great idea tbh. It was executed terribly.

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know the ranking system didnt really make sense the way that tna were doing it, but its just like they never had a ranking system, so it was all just a waste of time....not to mention the 10-15 minutes they spent each week revealing the contenders etc...

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
I think it was really only for Angle's storyline, it's a shame though I liked it, it should be based win/loss only though.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Im pretty sure i saw this thread the other day too. It pretty much faded away when Desmond Wolfe won the first poll and Abyssamania got like 2% of the votes. Cause apparently they think they know what the fans want, even though there was a poll that says otherwise.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Here's the thing about a ranking system.

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ADVERTISED AND BE OUT THERE.

That was TNA's biggest mistake. We all knew it wouldn't last and I thought it was a dumb idea for TNA to try it again (seeing as how they did in the past and it failed).

So in 2011 how can TNA have a ranking system that works? Simple? Have a direction and build stars. Plain and simple. No need to have random numbers fighting random other numbers and confusing people. No need to BURY THE RANKING SYSTEM by having ONE MAN bury the concept and title in one night and then run through number 10-6 as if its no big deal.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You don't need a ranking system, just a solid group of contender's for any given title. Having a ranking system takes a way from any suprises or spontaneity when you always no who's gonna get the title shot when a rank system is involved

·
Registered
766 Posts
sadly i was thinking the same the past week. its yet another indications of TNA's creative team unable maintian consistency in anything they do.. I loved this ranking system and like a few others have said gave the WHC no 1 contender the ability to establish himself better and it made sense... idk anymore

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
1. Shit Idea
2. Rigged
3. I hope I never see the rankings system in wrestling again.
1. No
2. Yes
3. No

A ranking system is a great idea because it enables the fans to follow who is doing well and forces creatinve to put real effort into pushing people since it eliminates the lightning quick push. The only problem was that the system was incredibly flawed, ROH's Pick Six is a much better model and I would have no problem with TNA ripping it off.

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
correct me if im wrong but wasnt bishoff hyping the top 10 tranking sytem to set tna apart from everyone else blah blah blah...if so then err, what happened to it....it kinda just stopped..
i know the ranking system didnt really make sense the way that tna were doing it, but its just like they never had a ranking system, so it was all just a waste of time....not to mention the 10-15 minutes they spent each week revealing the contenders etc...
I think that answers your own question, the rankings were never consistant and I guess the creative/booking team may have not liked who the fans were voting for eg: Desmond Wolfe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts