Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey WF.

I'm on the verge of going though an 'era' and rewatching it. I'm most likely going to start from WCW Bash at the Beach and go on from there until WCW starts sucking or I'm just going to watch 1997 WWF and watch the Attitude era get created. Even if I haven't listed it, what era is the best to rewatch?

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
Attitude would be an obvious answer. I'm currently just coming to the end of that myself, having watched all the PPVs, RAWs and Smackdowns from it. I intend to carry on through the Invasion and through the Ruthless Aggression era, up until 2005. I'd recommend the Ruthless Aggression era to anyone, it's easily my favourite, the roster was the strongest it's ever been in 2003.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Attitude era was, in all seriousness, the best era in any promotion. I'm actually re-watching it on Youtube on an almost-nightly basis. I've also started watching the pre AE shows too. Those two eras will never have an era that comes close to comparing.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Middle of 1999 to middle of 2001 is a great time to watch it. I'm on it lol. I'm in November 1999. It's great. Wrestling was truely at its very peak.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If your going to watch the Attitude era, you might want to start with King of the Ring 1996 and go on from there.
lolno

I understand that was when the Attitude Era seeds were planted, but I would have to spends hours getting to the actual era it's self. It wasn't even in the transitional stages yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The ruthless agression era 2002-2006 covers it for the most part. Lost of great matches were going on in this time frame and the storylines toned down considerably from some of the nonsense that took place in the Attitude Era.

As a second choice go for the Attitude Era, although it had some borderline unnecessary stuff it was still one of the greatest if not the greatest Era in most fans point of view. Enjoy which ever you chose, it wont be very hard to do so!

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Attitude era was, in all seriousness, the best era in any promotion. I'm actually re-watching it on Youtube on an almost-nightly basis. I've also started watching the pre AE shows too. Those two eras will never have an era that comes close to comparing.
You mean 1995? The worst period in history ever?

·
THE ONE.
5,352 Posts
Attitude Era - If you wanted to start this I would recommend King of the Ring 1996 to Wrestlemania 17. EDIT: If you want to get into it properly then I'd say Survivor Series 1997 would be fine.

Ruthless Aggression Era - one of the shortest "Era's" but very good. Night after Mania 18 all the way to Wrestlemania 20.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
it depends on what do you prefer

you want brilliant cheesy cartoonish fun and inspirational cool moments ? rewatch the Golden era

you want to watch pure wrestling at it's best without any other excitements or stuff that makes you say "i wonder what will happen next week" ? watch the New Generation era

you want to get off your chair with all the pump and excitement and anxious for more with a huge BONER in your pants ? watch the Attitude era

you want to sleep up to ? watch the PG era from 2007 to 2010 (emphasis on 2009)

i'd recommend either the golden era or the attitude era , those where the best eras to be a proud wrestling fan , and no wonder both eras sided with a wrestling boom

and i'm not bashing on the PG era cause it's PG , no , it's because they are doing angles and storylines that won't work in a time where keyfabe is completely dead , that and the no charisma robots in it

(sure the attitude era had some cheesy stuff like Mae young giving birth to a hand but it was mostly edgy stuff and the feuds were epic , and the characters were larger than life)

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
You mean 1995? The worst period in history ever?
matter of opinion, I guess. Re-watch some of the promos...theyre pretty fucking good compared to the COMPLETE lack of any promos in the WWF today. At least back in '95 when people had bad mic skills their managers gave good promos. Now? Wrestler cant work the mic? Let's put a video package together and pass it off as a promo...

Underrated superstars/gimmicks, pre attitude include Doink, and Papa Shango...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
It depends.

If anything I would think go back to the beginning of the WWE, like the 80s era. Work your way from there.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts