Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been Confusing me for a while..most people Consider Wrestlemania 17 the end of the Attitude Era [ I know some Consider Judgement day 2000 the end of the Attitude era as well ] But its been established that the Ruthless aggression era happened around may/june 2002 so what was the name of the Era between the Attitude and Ruthless aggression era? I personnely nickname it the Invasion/Owner Era but is there any offical name for it

If im right it goes Golden era > Rock n Wrestling Era > New Generation Era > Attitude Era > Invasion/Owner Era > Ruthless aggression Era > PG Era > Reality Era. am i right ?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I don't think there's an official name for it. The break from the Attitude to Ruthless Aggression eras is pretty much just a nameless era. Call it what you will! Personally, I'd call it a transition era. Because not long after the Attitude Era ended (if you time it at WrestleMania X-Seven). The Monday Night Wars were dead, so Raw Is War's name got changed back to simply Raw (and my local radio station also noted the name change happened right after 9/11. So they put that as a cause too). As well as the World Wildlife Fund sues the World Wrestling Federation resulting in the WWF to WWE name change.

Transition Era, Invasion/Owner Era, whatever you want to call it is pretty much what it is.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
how can it be the reality era? based off of one punk promo then back to the same old shit? pg era> reality era>.....pg era?

doesnt make sense.

lets just call it the YES! era and be done with it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well where getting more worked shoots now...what with Vinces promo on Johnny ace and Triple H saying Undertaker was just a marketing ploy...but i like the sound of YES era

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
When WWE go from one era to the next era there is usually a period of transition which there was when WWE went from The Rock and Wrestling Era of 1984 to 1987 with 1988 bridging the gap to The Golden Era of 1989 to 1991 and then 1992 bridging the gap to The New Generation Era at the very start of 1993. A lot of people claim The Attitude Era began with Stone Cold Steve Austin at King Of The Ring but 1996 was basically the year bridging the gap through to mid 1997 when The Attitude Era really started and The Ruthless Aggression Era had the same thing.

After WrestleMania 17 some of the storylines were toned down a bit and there wasn't as much adult content but due to the whole WCW/ECW Alliance storyline it covered WWE going through another transition stage better than any other transition stage. Once WWE split into two rosters it more or less was the start of The Ruthless Aggression Era which for me went all the way through until the Chris Benoit thing in mid 2007 as WWE began to heavily tone down everything then and by latter 2008 the era we're in now began which saw no blood, no swearing, no chair shots to the head, Wellness Policy becoming a major thing and WWE doing more in way of PR work.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Transitional era I guess.

By the way, it's still the PG Era. What's with this retarded "Reality Era"? Theres barely any reality to it.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Transitional era I guess.

By the way, it's still the PG Era. What's with this retarded "Reality Era"? Theres barely any reality to it.
Probably because CM Punk coined it as such when he was actually entertaining on a weekly basis last summer, oh and i'm a HUGE mark for CM Punk before anyone decides to bash me for saying anything bad about him.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Its been Confusing me for a while..most people Consider Wrestlemania 17 the end of the Attitude Era [ I know some Consider Judgement day 2000 the end of the Attitude era as well ] But its been established that the Ruthless aggression era happened around may/june 2002 so what was the name of the Era between the Attitude and Ruthless aggression era? I personnely nickname it the Invasion/Owner Era but is there any offical name for it

If im right it goes Golden era > Rock n Wrestling Era > New Generation Era > Attitude Era > Invasion/Owner Era > Ruthless aggression Era > PG Era > Reality Era. am i right ?
Nope, Golden Era/Rock N Wrestling Era>New Generation> Attitude Era> Ruthless Aggression > PG Era > Reality Era

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
2001 was basically end of attitude era(WM17) and rest of 2001 was just focusing on the invasion.

Ruthless aggression era started around the time Flair came in and announced Shane/Steph sold him their shares of WWE and he's now co-owner(which lead to brand extension)

Don't get why people call now the PG era. WWE was PG before. So the day they go back to 14+, we'll call it the 14+ ERA or something stupid like that?

I still go by what I've been saying for years, it's the rebuilding era. Compare WWE today and WWE in the past to a sports team today(that's rebuilding) to that team in the past, seems real similar to me.

Filled with young talent, an ok amount of real experienced vets, obviously not as successful as they were before, but after a few years of rebuilding, they'll work their way back up to being great. Doesn't mean they'll be the same style as they were in the past, but they can still be just as good.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
This era is called Cena Era
He is beyond the titles
He is in main event every time
Bores me to death whenever he is on tv
But he brings in ratings,money
Cena Era

·
Registered
495 Posts
The reality of this era is that it sucks.

Look at the faces attached to each one and tell me which one you think sucks just by the face alone-

Rock 'N' Wrestling (1985-1993)- Hulk Hogan
New Generation (1994-1997)- Bret Hart
Attitude (1998-2001)- Stone Cold Steve Austin
Invasion (2001-2002)- The Rock
Ruthless Aggression (2002-2007)- Kurt Angle
PG (2008-please God let it end soon)- John Cena

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
Wasn't it the "Get the F out" era?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I don't think half of these are official eras. And even in the case of the official ones, there's no objective point at which they start and end.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
Don't get why people call now the PG era. WWE was PG before. So the day they go back to 14+, we'll call it the 14+ ERA or something stupid like that?
This!
Some people tend to forget that WWF/E was PG long before TV-14 even came into the picture. So why people act like the PG rating is something new baffles me.

I don't think half of these are official eras. And even in the case of the official ones, there's no objective point at which they start and end.
and this!

Half those eras names aren't official at all. The only era that WWE has acknowledge by promoting it, were the Golden Era (I think, not very sure.), the New Generation Era and the Attitude Era. Any Era after 2001 was completely fan-made.

To the questions.
The era after the Attitude Era but before the Ruthless Aggression Era had no name, it was just a small 1 year transitional period. Personally, I always referred to that period as the Vince's Ego/Victory Period, because during that period, all we saw was the burying of 95% of the WCW and ECW talents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts