Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no obvious plan for him right now. I thought maybe Taker, but it's looking like AJ is getting that spot. Multi-man match with his crew? Meh. Maybe Cena? Maybe Goldberg? Maybe Black? Someone from NXT perhaps?

What you reckon?

·
The Babyface of WF
10,970 Posts
They can't seriously run the Seth/KO program right into WM36 it's already fizzling out as it is, There is only one real solution to this problem of Seth having literally nothing big planned for the biggest stage in wrestling and that is if CM Punk miraculously stepped back in the ring willingly to work with him.

Samoa Joe has been playing supporting role to Kevin Owens so that won't sell to the audience beyond just being a good match, Aleister Black is another good option but all this constant misdirection squashing Jobbers is doing him more harm right now and i wouldn't be surprised if he is placed in a US Title program instead.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Styles is supposedly penciled in to fight The Undertaker, but that role would honestly be better suited for Rollins. He's every bit the performer that Styles is (even better of one nowadays), and he's higher up on the card, too. His track record and resume is much better than AJ's is. They could have him job to Taker, and, if he really is planning on taking time off after Mania, use him being "laid to rest" by The Undertaker as the excuse for writing him off the next several months.

Another idea is to a 4-on-2 handicap match between Taker/Kane and Rollins' whole crew (or just do a 3-on-2 handicap match with only Rollins and AOP teaming together; you could book Murphy in a separate match if you wanted to.) This could realistically be the final time that either Taker or Kane compete at a Wrestlemania, so what more fitting image to end their in-ring history at WM with than to have them bow out together as a team?

·
Asuka
96,502 Posts
It's a bit underwhelming though isn't it? We've seen that since November now.
The fact that you still think this way after all you've seen is frankly, ridiculous. Vince doesn't give a fuck.

That said, I don't think he faces Owens at WrestleMania, because 1, it would almost require Seth to lose, which isn't going to happen, and 2, Vince thinks it's too high a spot on the WrestleMania card for Owens. Vince is gonna want him in a lower card multi man match because he doesn't consider Owens a star due to how he looks, as usual.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Will they do the handicap match like four against two or add another contestant for Joe and Owens side to make 4 vs 3?

·
The Babyface of WF
10,970 Posts
Styles is supposedly penciled in to fight The Undertaker, but that role would honestly be better suited for Rollins. He's every bit the performer that Styles is (even better of one nowadays), and he's higher up on the card, too. His track record and resume is much better than AJ's is. They could have him job to Taker, and, if he really is planning on taking time off after Mania, use him being "laid to rest" by The Undertaker as the excuse for writing him off the next several months.

Another idea is to a 4-on-2 handicap match between Taker/Kane and Rollins' whole crew (or just do a 3-on-2 handicap match with only Rollins and AOP teaming together; you could book Murphy in a separate match if you wanted to.) This could realistically be the final time that either Taker or Kane compete at a Wrestlemania, so what more fitting image to end their in-ring history at WM with than to have them bow out together as a team?
I'm curious to hear why you think Seth's track record and match resume is better than AJ's, I agree with Seth being in a more important position in the company as he's a more solidified Main Event Talent but in terms of overall Workrate capabilities I would never place Seth above Styles.

·
Registered
22,949 Posts
In some shape or form it’ll be something with his feud with KO. That’s been the story since November, they should’ve take that into Mania.

Brock has Drew. Edge has Randy. AJ supposedly has Taker. Mysterio is dealing with Andrade, Angel, and Carrillo. The only other guys he could face are guys like Black, Rico, or Rusev.

And of those options, I would rather he stay where he is. Do one last big 4 on 4 match. Put it with a gimmick like HIAC. And put something on the line with it. That would be my idea.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I'm curious to hear why you think Seth's track record and match resume is better than AJ's, I agree with Seth being in a more important position in the company as he's a more solidified Main Event Talent but in terms of overall Workrate capabilities I would never place Seth above Styles.
When I mentioned his track record and resume, I pretty much meant his kayfabe accomplishments. He's won more titles and held each of them longer, headlined more events, defeated the more prominent names (Cena, Orton, Lesnar, HHH, Sting, Reigns, etc.), etc.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I personally see either Seth/A.O.P./Murphy vs Kevin Owens/Samoa Joe/Viking Raiders or a multiman midcard Ladder Match for U.S. title .

·
Registered
771 Posts
Seth and Murphy vs. Owens and Joe for the Tag Titles...Owens and Joe win, Seth takes time off and the new champs feud with AOP before inevitably clashing with each other.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,766 Posts
It’s almost too late to take him out of the KO and Joe feud at this point. The best move is to just do a gimmick match. KO/Joe/Black vs Rollins/Buddy/AOP In a 3 vs 4 Street Fight. Just make it a fun clusterfuck of mayhem full of tables, ladders, and chairs. Have KO get the decisive pin on Rollins. If you break them all up into 2-3 different matches, WM will end up being 17 matches long again.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts