Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would he rather have the heavyweight belt or revenge on Roode? I know he wants both but I'm thinking Hogan is having Aries give up his belt because he is taking the belt from Roode. At least I really, really, really, hope that happens. Not that I want to see Roode lose the belt but if he does Aries is a great choice.

So if Aries becomes champ does Storm go after Aries for the belt or revenge on Roode? I'm thinking some type of revenge match on Roode at BFG would be more interesting/approriate; Texas death match, steel cage match, something along those lines. Then after he gets revenge on Roode he can work on being number one contender for a title shot with Aries. I think TNA should make that happen.

·
HEADBANGA
23,516 Posts
I'd imagine that he'd want both. Aries is not gonna win the title, dood. They'll make it look like he's close to winning and Rooooo will pull them shenanigans on him like he did everbody else.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd imagine that he'd want both. Aries is not gonna win the title, dood. They'll make it look like he's close to winning and Rooooo will pull them shenanigans on him like he did everbody else.
You are probably right about Aries, in that case I would like to see Roode keep the belt 3 years to match or beat the the people that kept the title in WWE for 3 years to prove TNA has better champions. Storm can still give Roode a good beat down but he doesn't deserve the belt this year imo. And if Storm does win the belt I hope he keeps it a much shorter time than Roode, I don't want Storm to break Roodes record or come anywhere close to it. A month would be mroe than enough, but hopefully we won't have to worry about Storm taking it from Roode.

I love how Storm said he let the fans down, he didn't let me down at all. I'm glad he didn't take Roodes belt last time they met and I'm glad he was gone 3 months, I wish it was longer. There is no way he can beat Roode clean because Roode is THE it factor, I mean come on now!

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
You're missing a important fact, the worst thing storm can do to roode is steal his world championship.

Therefore having the belt = revenge

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You're missing a important fact, the worst thing storm can do to roode is steal his world championship.

Therefore having the belt = revenge

Not really because it took him how many tries? If he takes the title all Roode has to say is it's not much of an accomplishment because he tried so many times that he was bound to win it eventually. I think Storm has wrestled him for the belt too many times to make another matchup all that interesting to anyone excpet new viewers.

Plus Roode probably has a re-match clause like Gail Kim does. Roode took the belt from Storm after he had it 8 days, to me that makes Storm inferior to Roode. That jabroni Storm couldn't keep it more than 8 days haahhaha, loser!

Maybe Storm will get it and lose it to Roode again, but in less than 8 days this time. I would love that!! Heels are more entertaining champs than faces. Go Roode!

·
Not Everybody Likes Us
473 Posts
At this point, it would be stupid to let Aries go over Roode at Destination X, the way they have played it out so far, Storm HAS to beat Roode at BFG. there hasn't been a match yet that can be pointed to that proves that Roode is better than Storm. First match... Storm's best friend turns on him and cheats to win, second "match" Storm was beated down earlier in the night and could barely even stand up. Lockdown, Roode got lucky when Storm hits him with the Last Call and the cage breaks, causing him to fall to the floor. If Storm isn't the one to beat Roode and get a decent four to five month reign as champion... you have just wasted the entire year between the two of them.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Roode vs Storm isn't interesting after the amount of effort and build they gave this feud?
For me Roode vs Storm BFG is the must see match in 2012.

Not really because it took him how many tries? If he takes the title all Roode has to say is it's not much of an accomplishment because he tried so many times that he was bound to win it eventually
This is some fucked up logic, kayfabe wise the babyface not getting the title at the first try only makes his victory later on the road more meaningful.

And Storm will get a long title reign just like roode and lose it to a guy like bully ray.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roode vs Storm isn't interesting after the amount of effort and build they gave this feud?
For me Roode vs Storm BFG is the must see match in 2012.

This is some fucked up logic, kayfabe wise the babyface not getting the title at the first try only makes his victory later on the road more meaningful.

And Storm will get a long title reign just like roode and lose it to a guy like bully ray.

It's fine for for it to be the must see match for some people because Storm has a lot of fans. I like Roode and hate Storm which is why I don't care if he wins.

Even if I liked Storm it wouldn't be the must see match of 2012 for me, that was Bully/Parks. To me when Storm and Roode go at it again it will be just another match where I wonder if Storm gets revenge this time or bows his head in shame again. Seeing the same 2 go at it all the time gets old after a while so when there is finally an outcome people like it's what I knew would happen. Too predictable.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I really don't understand how someone can hate storm but it's your opinion. After all he got a anti-aries guy in here so...

Storm vs Roode is the ultimate big match for TNA, when you look back at 2012 this will be THE feud.
Being predictable doesn't mean shit, doing swerves for the sake of being shocking is what gave TNA a bad name.
Old school booking/build is what this business needs.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
storm and roode have faced each other for the title 3 times.

1st-roode turns heel becomes champ
2nd-next week after being attacked, storm was half knocked out giving rood the easy win
3rd-lockdown where storm beat roode, but didnt get the title.

bfg will be the final match in the fued imo and storm will finally get the title from roode and thats what should happen.

fued reminds of raven/dreamer in ecw where dreamer could never beat raven and when he finally did, it was a big deal,same will happen here.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Triple Threat at BFG
Aries vs Storm vs Roode

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really don't understand how someone can hate storm but it's your opinion. After all he got a anti-aries guy in here so...

Storm vs Roode is the ultimate big match for TNA, when you look back at 2012 this will be THE feud.
Being predictable doesn't mean shit, doing swerves for the sake of being shocking is what gave TNA a bad name.
Old school booking/build is what this business needs.

With Storm being gone the past 3 months and seeing an occasional promo from his house it doesn't seem like much of a feud to me. Now that he's back they are starting to build him up. But for a true feud he needs to get in Roodes face every week. Just like Bully and Parks did each week we need to see Storm and Roode argue or shout at each other every week or its not much of a feud. Bully and Parks did it right although I would have liked to see Parks stand up to Bully more during their feud I can understand why he didn't.

I don't know why I don't like Storm, just something about him rubs me wrong and annoys me.

A 3 way with Aries would be good but if not and if Storm does win the belt I hope Roode jumps him after and Storm is carried out on a strether, kayfabe of course because I dont want anyone to be injured in real life. That would set them up for another revenger match.

Another thing would be to see Aries win the belt and Roode take it back before BFG if he is to face storm.

One thing you guys forget, even if Storm does not have the belt at BFG it will still be a good revenge match for Storm because they hate each other now. I think a lot of people just want to see Roode get whats coming to him whether he has the belt or not.

I'm not one of those people because I am a huge Roode fan.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You want Roode to keep the title for THREE YEARS?

LOL.

John Cena kept the belt over 3 years - 1,164 days

Triple H - over 3 years - 1,151

Bret Hart almost 2 years - 654 days

Randy Orton - 555 days

This is just my opinion but Roode is a much better and more charismatic/dramatic champion than those guys and TNA is better than WWE, just my opinion, so what would be a problem with Roode keeping the belt as long as those jabronis?

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Why can't Roode face Storm for the title at BFG and have it not be for the title? Why does everything have to be around them? There are a lot more talented wrestlers in that company. I'd rather see Aries/Angle for the title at BFG and have Roode vs Storm be a really big grudge match.

Reactions: Skermac

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why can't Roode face Storm for the title at BFG and have it not be for the title? Why does everything have to be around them? There are a lot more talented wrestlers in that company. I'd rather see Aries/Angle for the title at BFG and have Roode vs Storm be a really big grudge match.

I totally agree 110 percent!!!!!

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
NO, it can't be. Having Roode/Storm without the title depletes the point of the storyline, making it pointless. Roode stole the title from Storm and repeatedly got away with the title 3 times against Storm. All momentum lies on Storm to win the belt. By having Roode lose the World Title and Storm lose the BFG Series kills BOTH their momentum and the point of Roode holding the title and Storm taking a break to come back and win it. As someone noted earlier, taking the title and kicking Roode's ass = Revenge. Angle/Aries would be a great match, and I wouldn't mind it on the card, but Roode/Storm MUST be the ME and for the World Title at Bound For Glory. Otherwise, it can't be a really big grudge match without the main point of the feud.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NO, it can't be. Having Roode/Storm without the title depletes the point of the storyline, making it pointless. Roode stole the title from Storm and repeatedly got away with the title 3 times against Storm. All momentum lies on Storm to win the belt. By having Roode lose the World Title and Storm lose the BFG Series kills BOTH their momentum and the point of Roode holding the title and Storm taking a break to come back and win it. As someone noted earlier, taking the title and kicking Roode's ass = Revenge. Angle/Aries would be a great match, and I wouldn't mind it on the card, but Roode/Storm MUST be the ME and for the World Title at Bound For Glory. Otherwise, it can't be a really big grudge match without the main point of the feud.
I disagree, Storm was betrayed by his best friend and the title is not needed for a pure revenge match. The point is getting reveng for all Roode did to him and said about him and his family. The belt would be a bonus but is not required for a grudge match.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I disagree, Storm was betrayed by his best friend and the title is not needed for a pure revenge match. The point is getting reveng for all Roode did to him and said about him and his family. The belt would be a bonus but is not required for a grudge match.
Roode betrayed his FAMILY for the dam belt, the world heavyweight championship it's his life.

The only revenge possible is defeating him for the title. I don't know if you have been watching the product since the feud started or not but for us that did there's no other possible outcome than storm leaving BFG as the world champion after kicking roode's ass.

Shitting on this feud would be a disaster, funny how IWC overreacts the fuck out of everything but then chooses to bury a big storyline just for the sake of being different. I guess russo after all is human :lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts