Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were supposed to be launching it mid-2011, but now they are saying late 2012 or early 2013. Here is the link to an article posted today: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_45675.shtml.

Anyway, I know a lot of people are going to be skeptical about Vince starting his own network but I personally would love being able to watch WWE programming whenever I want and you know they have tons of material in their vault to air.

So the question is, what do you guys want to see on the WWE TV Network when it launches?

Here is my list:
  • WWE RAW (aired 3 times per week)
  • WWE Smackdown! (aired 3 times per week)
  • WWE PPV's (if possible)
  • WWE Superstars
  • WWE Classics 1980's
  • WWE Classics 1990's
  • WWE Classics 2000-2010
  • WWE Biography (focus on different superstar each episode)
  • ECW Classics
  • WCW Classics
  • Old DVD's
  • Any movies produced by WWE Films
  • Consecutive episodes of WCW Nitro
  • Consecutive episodes of Original ECW
  • Consecutive episodes of WWE RAW and Smackdown! (starting from its debut)
  • Old WWE PPV's

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Pretty much that's what I would want to see.

Have RAW, SmackDown, & Superstars replayed right after their respective timeslots, it could also be a way to put NXT back on TV. Hell, even put some FCW tapings on there.

Have the weekends be reserved for marathons, say all the PPV's from 2004 or all the RAW's & SmackDowns from January 2000 to March 2000.

Just stuff like that, but if a WWE Network is created, my worst fear would be that they only play RAW, SmackDown, Superstars, & NXT. And still try to get people to pay for WWE 24/7.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
WWE RAW
WWE Smackdown
WWE Superstars Original
WWE Wrestling Challenge
WWE PPVs 1985-Present
Old MSG Shows
WWE Legends Of Wrestling
WWE Vintage Collection
Superstar Documentires or the DVD Documentries
WCW Niro
WCW Thunder
WCW Saturday Night
WCW PPV
ECW
ECW PPV
WCCW
NWA/Jim Crocket
AWA
Championship Wrestling From Florida

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Everything the OP stated
Especially the biographies

But last, but definitely not least...

Something that Titus O'Neil hosts

·
Registered
919 Posts
WCW Nitro, Thunder, Saturday Night, PPVs
WWE RAW and SmackDown 2002-2007

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
They better not have live Raw's and Smackdown's the viewship will be even lower then.

btw, is this going to be part of cable like USA/TBS/ESPN/CNN etc or one of those extra paid channels like HBO.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Old shows / great episodes

A high availability of On-Demand episodes.
Marathons of seasons: Maybe the first Season of RAW or SD!

Y'know, stuff.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Replays of Raw and Smackdown from that week would be a must. I would also like lots of different old PPV's and documentary specials. I would definitely like an extensive On-Demand feature for it as well. Hopefully they don't skimp on it.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
I liked a lot of what the OP stated, especially the biographies, that would be pretty cool. Documentaries would have to have a place in there as well. Maybe throw in some "where are they now" type shits.

I think showing some FCW tapings would be very beneficial to everyone involved and could really generate some interest in these newer guys and give them a little more exposure before being called up to the big leagues.

I guess you'd have to have something for the kids.

Replays of Classic Raw, Smackdown, and Nitros would be awesome. Don't they have rights to old NWA matches as well? I think that'd be pretty interesting to see.

Someone asked if this was going to be like a basic cable channel or if it'll be like HBO or some shit like that. If it is basic cable, you think they'll move all the shows over to their network?

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
All the old Raw' and SD's. And if they were willing to do it, maybe a shoot-style show or something that let us behind the scenes a little bit more. That would be cool.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
everything else from their video library over at titan Towers

AWA WCCW Florida Wrestling JCp ALL OF IT!!

Live House Shows using "The Fancam"

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
How about every episode of RAW and Smackdown ever? Seriously like daily on a 4 hour block just play an episode of RAW and Smackdown every day from the beginning. It would be fucking awesome.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts