Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
@RapShepard I want to see Brodie win 100% of his matches through the next ppv, people have always claimed the only thing keeping him from superstardom is bad booking, so give him booking nobody can complain about and watch him sink on his own.

I also want the same thing for Cesaro and Ziggler should they ever find the balls to sign.
Winning all the time isn't good booking, if it isn't substantiated with decent direction and chracter work/writing.

You're a Roman Reigns' fan, you should know that by now.

·
Registered
21,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Winning all the time isn't good booking, if it isn't substantiated with decent direction and chracter work/writing.

You're a Roman Reigns' fan, you should know that by now.
I think you misread @Chris JeriG.O.A.T post. He's not saying Brodie should go undefeated forever. Just have him go undefeated to the next PPV, that way there can be no excuses on why if he happens to fail.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
He should mix his reds with his whites and get a cool pink uniform and then do an angle where he does Japanese detergent commercials.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Do you have a timestamp on when he talks about that? Because the couple times I've heard about it second hand, the intelligent monster thing is sounding vague. Is he going to be all haunting like The Fiend and Taker or is he going to talk shit to you then beat your ass like Rock or Cena when he's in fuck you mode lol.
Soz, no timestamp

was just after him talking about having a thing for serial killers

and then also explaining how he was trying to position his character to Vince - as a well spoken madman, rather than a mad hillbilly

·
Registered
837 Posts
Gotta say... I'm not liking the "sister Abigail" set up to his finish. If he wanted to have a set up to the lariat, (I dont think he needs one) maybe a ripcord???

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
To get a haircut, dye his hair grey(er) and start walking around like Vince McMahon and calling everyone "pal." He also orders his opponents to lie down in the ring for him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really liked the Brodie promo, I thought it was hilarious. To be honest I didn't even realize at the time he was mocking Vince.

Also worth mentioning my wife and her friend were in the room when I was watching dynamite and they really enjoyed it as well as the Hardy and Jericho segment at the end. They aren't wrestling fans at all but said the show was fun and entertaining to watch. I just thought it was interesting that two girls that don't like wrestling really enjoyed that episode of Dynamite, well what they caught of it anyway.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I think you misread @Chris JeriG.O.A.T post. He's not saying Brodie should go undefeated forever. Just have him go undefeated to the next PPV, that way there can be no excuses on why if he happens to fail.
No no, I understood that, and honestly, I kind of glossed over it because it's even worse. At least with consistently strong booking you can't complain as much, since you're afforded something that others are not. A couple of months of wins won't turn anyone into a star, much less someone with the stench of failure all over him.

Personally, I wouldn't see how what you guys suggest would make people think he failed on his own. Now, if in a year time, with strong booking and decent writing, he isn't over, then I'd have no problems calling a spade a spade and say he failed.

·
Registered
21,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
No no, I understood that, and honestly, I kind of glossed over it because it's even worse. At least with consistently strong booking you can't complain as much, since you're afforded something that others are not. A couple of months of wins won't turn anyone into a star, much less someone with the stench of failure all over him.

Personally, I wouldn't see how what you guys suggest would make people think he failed on his own. Now, if in a year time, with strong booking and decent writing, he isn't over, then I'd have no problems calling a spade a spade and say he failed.
It doesn't take a year to know that. It hasn't been a year for Spears and we know he's flopped. We didn't need a year to know that Sandow flopped. Styles didn't need a year to prove he could make it in WWE. Christian didn't need a year for people to feel he proved he could be a main eventer during his TNA run. There is no stench on him, I'm in the minority that isn't drooling over Brodie because "no McMahon shackles". If it takes a year of good booking for you to call a spade a spade, that's a little much.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
It doesn't take a year to know that. It hasn't been a year for Spears and we know he's flopped. We didn't need a year to know that Sandow flopped. Styles didn't need a year to prove he could make it in WWE. Christian didn't need a year for people to feel he proved he could be a main eventer during his TNA run. There is no stench on him, I'm in the minority that isn't drooling over Brodie because "no McMahon shackles". If it takes a year of good booking for you to call a spade a spade, that's a little much.
I said a year, it could be less,I think you got my point. A couple of months of meaningless wins against -most likely- nobodies doesn't make or break anyone, in my opinion.

I want to see a story, a good story that revolves around him and gives me the chance of seeing a progression, before I call him a failure.

And there is a stench on him, definitely. The stench of failure who couldn't make it in WWE, regardless of whose fault it is. Now, I agree that some people overrate him, but I see no reason why he couldn't be put in a Kane-like slot and carry his own weight.

·
Registered
21,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I said a year, it could be less,I think you got my point. A couple of months of meaningless wins against -most likely- nobodies doesn't make or break anyone, in my opinion.

I want to see a story, a good story that revolves around him and gives me the chance of seeing a progression, before I call him a failure.

And there is a stench on him, definitely. The stench of failure who couldn't make it in WWE, regardless of whose fault it is. Now, I agree that some people overrate him, but I see no reason why he couldn't be put in a Kane-like slot and carry his own weight.
I think somewhere between post 2004 Kane and like midcard Sheamus is about where he belongs

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I think somewhere between post 2004 Kane and like midcard Sheamus is about where he belongs
I see nothing wrong with that, honestly. I just give him a bonus because, unlike Kane and Sheamus, he has the luxury of much smaller opponents, and nowadays good big men are a rare breed.

And that's not failure, in my opinion. Especially for someone who got like 2 singles feuds in his entire WWE tenure.

And while people overrate him, let's not forget he did nothing at all in WWE. We can't even say he had a Ziggler or Cesaro-like career, the dude had 2 singles feud in his entire WWE tenure. I think whatever he ends up achieving in AEW is a success just by comparison.

·
Registered
21,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I see nothing wrong with that, honestly. I just give him a bonus because, unlike Kane and Sheamus, he has the luxury of much smaller opponents, and nowadays good big men are a rare breed.

And that's not failure, in my opinion. Especially for someone who got like 2 singles feuds in his entire WWE tenure.

And while people overrate him, let's not forget he did nothing at all in WWE. We can't even say he had a Ziggler or Cesaro-like career, the dude had 2 singles feud in his entire WWE tenure. I think whatever he ends up achieving in AEW is a success just by comparison.
To me I think he had a fine WWE run. Dude was apart of one a fairly pushed stable. Then he was a part of a tag team that was getting a more than solid push before injury derailed it.

He didn't have much of a singles run though he is a former IC champ. But I don't think his WWE career was hardly terrible and he achieved nothing. When I think failed WWE runs I think like Low Ki or speaking long runs Tamina lol.

·
Registered
21,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
God, you really scraped the bottom of the barrel though lol
I mean I wanted to give a clear example of my failure lol. I think of his run in the sense of people wouldn't call for him to be in the Hall of Fame, but if you watched the show during his run you'd almost certainly remember him.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts