Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
So Brodie Lee is playing Vince? AEW is so petty.
*pretty

fixed

he‘s playing the big boss of a Dark, Evil corporation..... soooo....... mmmaybe? :D

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The sneezing line was like a good rap bar. Multiple ways to interpret it. The rest of the segment was goofy imo. But it's week 1 of him leading and the virus is limiting shit.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
I guess this is why referencing Vince is problematic. Personally, I thought of it as a throwaway joke but because Vince is such a big figure, people are taking it to mean that Brodie Lee literally IS Vince

Last week's dig at Vince implied that Brodie and Vince had an adversarial relationship, not that they were the same person.

In fact, most of the evidence points to "The Exalted One" Brodie Lee being a continuation of the Luke Harper character, which I know some people won't like.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Im all for this fun storyline and the cool video packages. I just want everyone to remember this guy aint going to get over like MJF or Hangman.He does not have that fan connect ability.

·
Premium Member
11,493 Posts
Im all for this fun storyline and the cool video packages. I just want everyone to remember this guy aint going to get over like MJF or Hangman.He does not have that fan connect ability.
We've only seen him in WWE where it's not a wrestler's decision to connect with the crowd. You can't judge him, yet.

Let's wait until live shows resume.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Vince also supposedly demanded to eat first at a steak house or something - that whole skit was a jab at Vince. Has Dark Order become the equivalent of "Billionaire Ted" sketches?

Dark Order has had so many stops and starts. They really need to pick a direction and retcon it to work. Was Brodie always the big boss behind the Dark Order or is he the new Exalted One? If he is new - How did he take over? And if he's always been the Exalted One than what is the purpose of them originally in AEW, what is his beef with The Elite etc?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
more than willing to give him a chance here gotta remember for the most part in wwe his character was a mute cult follower

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Vince also supposedly demanded to eat first at a steak house or something - that whole skit was a jab at Vince. Has Dark Order become the equivalent of "Billionaire Ted" sketches?

Dark Order has had so many stops and starts. They really need to pick a direction and retcon it to work. Was Brodie always the big boss behind the Dark Order or is he the new Exalted One? If he is new - How did he take over? And if he's always been the Exalted One than what is the purpose of them originally in AEW, what is his beef with The Elite etc?
The Dark Order didn't start talking about The Exalted One until some time after their existence. So, based on the timeline, I believe that Uno, Grayson and that dude from the recruitment videos were the first members and Brodie joined sometime later.

Possibly even Daniels was right about there being no Exalted One and Uno just panicked and brought in Brodie to prove him wrong. Now he's taken over because he's an asshole and could beat them all up?

·
Registered
22,858 Posts
The thread title states "what do you want to see from Brodie Lee as the exalted one"?

Gotta say, being a parody of Vince McMahon wasn't one of them.

Um, I don't know, it's nothing that interests me that much really. Like, it's cute because I understand the references but if I take that away from it, it's kind of an awkward and goofy segment and honestly doesn't play to Brodie's advantages.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
McMahon as a cult leader sounds like a fun character, since I guess Grayson and Uno are Brisco and Patterson I wonder whos going to be the Shane and Steph counterparts lol.

I can see Jericho, MJF, and Lee having a top heel meeting about getting rid of The Elite.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wwe fired a man on his wedding day...!!! They deserve any and ALL pettiness aimed in their direction. And I'm the furthest thing from a fan of punk, but let's call a spade a spade here.

·
Registered
22,858 Posts
Wwe fired a man on his wedding day...!!! They deserve any and ALL pettiness aimed in their direction. And I'm the furthest thing from a fan of punk, but let's call a spade a spade here.
I mean what Vince and WWE deserve or don't deserve doesn't really have anything to do with this, at least not to me. What matters is if it’s good or not.

And what we saw last night? I mean it was cute and all that because I got the reference. But that’s all this segment felt like. A jab at Vince. Take that away and it’s a goofy and awkward segment that really doesn’t play to Brodie’s strengths.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I mean what Vince and WWE deserve or don't deserve doesn't really have anything to do with this, at least not to me. What matters is if it’s good or not.

And what we saw last night? I mean it was cute and all that because I got the reference. But that’s all this segment felt like. A jab at Vince. Take that away and it’s a goofy and awkward segment that really doesn’t play to Brodie’s strengths.
I don’t watch WWE, and I certainly don’t know the inner McMahon pet peeves. So, I had no clue what the rub on the segment was, but I liked it.

For me and the wife, we were just sitting there thinking how low these two jobber motherfuckers are being treated, which goes right in line with how I envision a dinner with a cult to go. One piece of shit living off the fear and insecurities of everyone else just trying to get his table scraps, because they think so low of themselves.

I liked it, but again, I watched it not knowing Vince’s pet peeves. The sneeze would have pissed me off to no end as well, and that has nothing to do with COVID-19 as I’m just a germaphobe. Lol

61 - 80 of 101 Posts