Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Having thought about it, do we think Jake the Snake and Lance Archer are a part of this down the line? Jake made mention of the dark side taking hold and over.

Well Jake said the dark side is coming.I have no clue if that was a mistake meaning to say dark order unless a group called dark side is coming as well

·
Registered
58 Posts
If they've gone to the effort of having an 'exalted one' in the first place, it has to culminate with him being booked strong, recruiting more members and eventually taking over the company whilst battling the elite surely. I'm not saying I think it'll work but I think that's the only way you can salvage the Dark Order storyline and have them eventually be able to take a loss without being seen like jokes and ruining any aura Brodie Lee may have. I'd build him up in the mid card, take the tag titles and eventually go after the elite, take over the company in storyline and eventually have them be defeated by the Elite after a struggle. It just feels like a waste of time otherwise. They need to be booked like the Ministry of Darkness or the Wyatt Family but treated with credibility.
Tony Khan talked about his vision for the Dark Order as an evil corporation on the AEW Unrestricted podcast. It sounded like the Dark Order is a storyline of his creation, not one of the EVP’s. Ministry of Darkness would be comparable with Brodie playing the Undertaker role. Maybe leave out the satanic rituals and sacrifices.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I don’t think people know enough about him to make a determination on how well he’s going to do. All most people have is what he was able to do in that synthetic petri dish called WWE.

·
Registered
22,858 Posts
To me he was always a guy that could have done so much more in WWE. He helped carry the Orton vs. Wyatt feud very well back in 2017 to the point where he should have been in that title match.

We all know he can wrestle great for a big man. But he can also talk too and carry his own end of a feud. So in terms of finding a leader, AEW picked a good guy.

All that being said, I'm still iffy on him being in the Dark Order. He was in a stable or tag team for pretty much his entire WWE career. So even now with him leading one, I still would have liked him on his own. And before he was revealed as the leader, I couldn't give 2 shits about the Dark Order.

So what I hope at the end of the day is they make him look like a killer and help the Dark Order feel at least a little bit dangerous and credible.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I don’t think people know enough about him to make a determination on how well he’s going to do. All most people have is what he was able to do in that synthetic petri dish called WWE.
And he wasn't very inspiring there. It's amazing how plenty of folk can stand out there except him.
Hes painfully overrated by the internet because Vince didnt see anything in him, and anyone Vince doesnt push is an automatic wrestling God because Vince is a senile man who knows nothing.

Hes alright. Not a big star. Comes off very dry to me.
I second this

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Yes please get rid of that awful white costume it's so cheesy. black long tights with a black trenchcoat or long cloak type thing would be the go

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,378 Posts
Having thought about it, do we think Jake the Snake and Lance Archer are a part of this down the line? Jake made mention of the dark side taking hold and over.
I would like that. Honestly, I feel Brodie and Lance should have switched places. Lance Archers Murder Hawk gimmick and promo style for better as a cult leader, and Brodie has this darkness and quiet promo style that aligns more with Jake.

If you put Jake/Lance in the Dark Order, it solves everything imo.

That said, I think they're trying to make Jake/Lance AEW's version of Heyman/Brock, so they'll likely keep them on their own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would like that. Honestly, I feel Brodie and Lance should have switched places. Lance Archers Murder Hawk gimmick and promo style for better as a cult leader, and Brodie has this darkness and quiet promo style that aligns more with Jake.

If you put Jake/Lance in the Dark Order, it solves everything imo.

That said, I think they're trying to make Jake/Lance AEW's version of Heyman/Brock, so they'll likely keep them on their own.
I agree, if it was between Lance and Brodie I would've gone with Lance too. Although I think I personally would've preferred Jake as the exalted one if they were going to go this route. How cool would that have been? Have Jake aiming to take over the company with two killers either side of him like Brodie and Lance, and possibly more. Jake would've instantly given it credibility and could've lifted the whole Dark Order into the main event almost straight away, having Lance going after Cody, Brodie after Omega with Uno and Grayson with the Bucks. Almost writes itself.

I can remember someone mentioning before about having a Dark Order committee of sorts, I think that could work too. Having Brodie as the head honcho, with a panel of evil alongside promising them 'a chunk of the pie' if they take care of their share, like Jake made mention only wanting Cody's share. There's definitely a lot of creativity and option here if they're smart about it. Maybe they could add someone else alongside Jake, maybe a Raven with a client of his own. If this was WWE I'd have no faith but AEW have me excited at this point as they haven't messed too much up as of yet and have more leeway being a new company.

I think you're right though, I'd be surprised if they end up being part of this given the video packages we've seen so far.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,378 Posts
I agree, if it was between Lance and Brodie I would've gone with Lance too. Although I think I personally would've preferred Jake as the exalted one if they were going to go this route. How cool would that have been? Have Jake aiming to take over the company with two killers either side of him like Brodie and Lance, and possibly more. Jake would've instantly given it credibility and could've lifted the whole Dark Order into the main event almost straight away, having Lance going after Cody, Brodie after Omega with Uno and Grayson with the Bucks. Almost writes itself.

I can remember someone mentioning before about having a Dark Order committee of sorts, I think that could work too. Having Brodie as the head honcho, with a panel of evil alongside promising them 'a chunk of the pie' if they take care of their share, like Jake made mention only wanting Cody's share. There's definitely a lot of creativity and option here if they're smart about it. Maybe they could add someone else alongside Jake, maybe a Raven with a client of his own. If this was WWE I'd have no faith but AEW have me excited at this point as they haven't messed too much up as of yet and have more leeway being a new company.

I think you're right though, I'd be surprised if they end up being part of this given the video packages we've seen so far.
Wonderful thoughts! I agree completely. Love the idea of Jake as the Exhaulted one.

It's funny you bring up Raven, I was just thinking the other day that they should do something similar to what they did with Jake for Raven. Bring him in to manage someone new.

If he was heel, Darby Allen would make a lot of sense, but I don't see that happening for a long time.

My other pick may seem random and real different at first, but I think it makes sense.

Brian Cage.

I feel Raven could do a lot for him. Market him as Raven's Reckoning. Change his attire and look slightly to be more monstrous and have Raven do the promos. Raven could work with him backstage on promo work as he needs help with that, and eventually, when he's ready, Cage can cut short promos in a similar style to Raven. Something different to make Cage standout separate from the typical generic machine beast gimmick he's played everywhere. Cage has always had an amazing moveset, good selling and decent in-ring storytelling, and an amazing look. What he's lacked is character and crowd connection. This could tick those boxes for him.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
I
Really shocked at the bad execution of stables in aew. I mean fuck even TNA did a good job with some stables. Obviously aew is new but these groups never feel like units

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Did Brodie kick Alex and John out of the Dark Order with that vignette?
Nope - just taught them how things are done when big boss is around

ps> loved Brodie in this :D

41 - 60 of 101 Posts