Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I think he'll ultimately fail and end up back as a tag guy. I was curious to see what fans of Lee were hoping to see him do as the leader of The Dark Order. How would you like to see this story play out and where do you think he'll end up as far as his spot on the roster?

·
Registered
839 Posts
We have seen a lot of masterminds. While brodie can definitely cut a promo, I'd like to see him be a good soldier villain. I wanna see him lead by example and lay waste to people. He should start with the creepers. After the creepers get dispatched, he should turn on the two jobbers they brought in. The dark order should just be him and stu grayson if you ask me, but I'm sure they'll keep uno on board

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
^I'm basically in the same boat, outside of Uno not having value. Uno is better than Grayson. I think Grayson is the original sin of the booking in that he didn't look the part with Uno and the rest of the Creepers. Here nor there as they're a good cohesive and creative team when wrestling. Now Brodie gets to be the Final Boss.

I agree that Brodie Lee should absolutely lay waste to the generic creepers - just beat the ever living shit of them. Their look is so cheap and "indie" it hurt them from the get go as well. Silver and Reynolds need to be excommunicated as well. It never made any sense why they were recruited and kept jobbing. Silver and Reynolds as The Beaver Boys on the indies were never anything noteworthy or special and were very likely only signed as a favor to somebody. Silver is dink-ass short as well.

Brodie Lee, Evil Uno, Grayson.

I might be open to attaching one more wrestler to the gimmick. Maybe could kick the D&D Geek off of Cutler - at least that would explain how Dark Order have been able to post their videos and turn off the lights etc since their debut. Maybe have Cutler grow a full beard like Brodie, if for no other reason to get rid of that ridiculous chin strap look he seems to think looks good. But Cutler is so shitty he probably just hurts the chances of this even working.

Group needs some more legitimacy added still with another member. Nobody currently on the roster would really fit/help. Maybe use the spot to debut a indie signing or something.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Brodie Lee doesn't do anything at all for me though I think the role as the "Exalted One" is a good fit for him. To me, he just looks like a lost trucker.

·
Registered
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^I'm basically in the same boat, outside of Uno not having value. Uno is better than Grayson. I think Grayson is the original sin of the booking in that he didn't look the part with Uno and the rest of the Creepers. Here nor there as they're a good cohesive and creative team when wrestling. Now Brodie gets to be the Final Boss.

I agree that Brodie Lee should absolutely lay waste to the generic creepers - just beat the ever living shit of them. Their look is so cheap and "indie" it hurt them from the get go as well. Silver and Reynolds need to be excommunicated as well. It never made any sense why they were recruited and kept jobbing. Silver and Reynolds as The Beaver Boys on the indies were never anything noteworthy or special and were very likely only signed as a favor to somebody. Silver is dink-ass short as well.

Brodie Lee, Evil Uno, Grayson.

I might be open to attaching one more wrestler to the gimmick. Maybe could kick the D&D Geek off of Cutler - at least that would explain how Dark Order have been able to post their videos and turn off the lights etc since their debut. Maybe have Cutler grow a full beard like Brodie, if for no other reason to get rid of that ridiculous chin strap look he seems to think looks good. But Cutler is so shitty he probably just hurts the chances of this even working.

Group needs some more legitimacy added still with another member. Nobody currently on the roster would really fit/help. Maybe use the spot to debut a indie signing or something.
The Creepers are terrible and need to go for sure. This feud with Daniels also need to wrap up soon. Not believing in Lee aside, I think their best bet is to have Lee just destroy Daniels at Blood and Guts. Then have him lead Uno and Grayson to beat Omega and Hangman for the titles. They have to do something big to justify why Lee is important.
LoL. Rap is a WWE mark and should keep to his section.
Am I supposed to be offended?

·
Registered
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have seen a lot of masterminds. While brodie can definitely cut a promo, I'd like to see him be a good soldier villain. I wanna see him lead by example and lay waste to people. He should start with the creepers. After the creepers get dispatched, he should turn on the two jobbers they brought in. The dark order should just be him and stu grayson if you ask me, but I'm sure they'll keep uno on board
But who can you send him at right now that has credibility. That's the only downfall of no midcard belt, and them writing so far ahead. All the big names are locked up in a story so there's not much for him as a singles competitor. Unless they went off the beaten path and had him go after a heel like MJF

·
Registered
839 Posts
But who can you send him at right now that has credibility. That's the only downfall of no midcard belt, and them writing so far ahead. All the big names are locked up in a story so there's not much for him as a singles competitor. Unless they went off the beaten path and had him go after a heel like MJF
That could be fun. Only thing with mjf is he's so good on the mic, he may make brodie look like a goof just by cutting his usual promo.

If I had to pick, I'd get the tag title off page and have brodie go after him. Again not with mind games or long winded promos, but by force. They have a long blood fued which page comes out on top of. Page looks better because he was able to fend off a bigger foe and show some true grit. Brodie, looks like a killer because it takes everything page has to fend him off

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,018 Posts
I don't know honestly. The ideas above are cool, but for me personally, I need to see who the real Brodie Lee is without WWE shackles. I never really paid attention to the Wyatt Family so I have no idea if the guy can even wrestle or talk at a high level. He kinda seemed like another mute who could throw a great roundhouse kick whenever I saw him. Is he a great talker? Is he a great wrestler? I need to see more before I come up with what I would like to see going forward. WWE chained him to the ground.

If he's great at promos, I would maybe like to see some supernatural shit. Maybe having higher potency power in his persuasiveness in enlisting talent to join the Dark Order more easily. Maybe Kenny Omega can have a heel turn down the line and join Brodie? Maybe Broken Matt is possessed to join? What about a possessed Moxley? A possessed, constantly pissed off, unsanctioned heel Moxley in the Dark Order would be a CRAZY storyline. Thinking about it now, I hope they do it. Evil Uno has been trying to get new members since AEW started but no one has joined. That with Fiend/Undertaker/Kane type theatrics, which will always work in wrestling if they are done right. But he has to be awesome on the mic for it to work. I need to see more.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,358 Posts
He's called THE EXALTED ONE. They should have been on their knees, worshipping him. Not even moving until he told them to. Between the lack of a vibe and his goofy jacket, I kinda think he was a dud in this role.

I think they should've made him a more extreme version of the classic Bray Wyatt cult leader character. They dead ass should've just retrofitted the Wyatt Family dynamic with the Dark Order aesthetic layered on top. It would've been a nice callback to a significant portion of Brodie Lee's career, it would've been fitting of an "exalted" character and Brodie's best promos are actually from when he was standing in for Bray Wyatt in those lamplight promos. Would've been nice to see the metanarrative of him going from being a mute Cultist, to the leader of his own cult. That progression

You want to see someone called the Exalted One with huge presentation, otherworldly energy and aesthetics and a world beating vibe to him. Hope they can turn it around and deliver that

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
I absolutely agree that if they want to save The Dark Order they need to put the tag straps on Uno and Grayson. Having them beat Omega/Hangman when the Bucks couldn't is the way to go here. They can go in the ring, it's just they're not a presence enough to carry a faction.

Nobody cares about a Brodie vs Daniels feud. I hope all this drama was to set up the "Out of touch old man not believing in me" line. I have a feeling it was though actually.

They really need to do a hard retcon on The Dark Order and explain why Brodie is a fit from the first Uno/Grayson appearance. What is his beef with The Elite?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
While I think he'll ultimately fail and end up back as a tag guy. I was curious to see what fans of Lee were hoping to see him do as the leader of The Dark Order. How would you like to see this story play out and where do you think he'll end up as far as his spot on the roster?
mainly to prove you wrong - I'll take the small victories :D

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
TBH I'm not even sure what to expect. I didn't even know he could talk, so it's hard to guess the direction this will go. I'm sure there will be lots of 6 man tag matches. That's all I've got. Oh and he will crush Daniels

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
One thing's for certain. Lance Archer and Matt Hardy debuted in the main event and Brodie debuted in the midcard, so he's gonna have to build himself up

·
Registered
77 Posts
I’m sure Brodie and the Dark Order will be in a program with SCU for a while. I think Dark Order has to go over. I would like to see the Dark Order target Darby Allin this summer and work towards a match between Brodie Lee and Darby at All Out.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts