Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
He's like 5'7 and he was really legit, i mean he was just badass, everything he did looked real, don't have really an admiration for many Guys iN ECW, but Tazz was just above.

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
personaly im too young to have watched him wrestle..but i think he's a great commentator (dont know why...just do)......obviously no one is beter than jr...but taz is a close second

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
personaly im too young to have watched him wrestle..but i think he's a great commentator (dont know why...just do)......obviously no one is beter than jr...but taz is a close second
Michael Cole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All commentators that ever lived.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Taz wasn't misused... he had one of the loudest debut pops of the attitude era. Taz would've broken into the main event scene if not for his injury.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Taz wasn't misused... he had one of the loudest debut pops of the attitude era. Taz would've broken into the main event scene if not for his injury.
No he wouldn't have.

I will admit, he had one of the best debuts ever, IMO second only to Jericho's. He opened the 1st PPV of the millenium, at the World's Most Famous Arena, against the WWE's golden boy at the time, and gave him his first loss.

Less than 2 months later he was stuck in the Hardcore Division.

Taz was TERRIBLY misused. He should've at least held the IC Title while active.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Taz was awesome. I loved his badass gimmick and I find it utterly horrible that he wasn't used as a Main Eventer in the WWE. Loved his feud with Sabu and the Triple Threat.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
No he wouldn't have.

I will admit, he had one of the best debuts ever, IMO second only to Jericho's. He opened the 1st PPV of the millenium, at the World's Most Famous Arena, against the WWE's golden boy at the time, and gave him his first loss.

Less than 2 months later he was stuck in the Hardcore Division.

Taz was TERRIBLY misused. He should've at least held the IC Title while active.
No, he wasn't misused. Back in those days you didn't have an IC title run within 2 months. He was however the man chosen to take the ECW title off of Mike Awesome because Heyman (a very smart man) denied him contractually taking the ECW title to wCw. Tazz dropped it and was in an IC title feud (very close within your so called 2 months). When he picked up the arm injury he was given the role of commentator (he almost CERTAINLY would've been in the ECW team for the invasion angle). He then gets a Tag title run with Spike Dudley which was a pretty damn over team if I remember rightly.

So by this time, in WWE Tazz had held the ECW title, the Hardcore title (3 times) and the tag title. All within a year and a half. Would he have gone to the main event? Absolutely. Deny it as much as you want, Tazz was a great wrestler, good mic skills, good physique (at the time) and was over as fuck, that's all you need to main event.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
You know somebody is playing their role well when they're like 5'8 and still look like a legitimate threat when stood next to Triple H or whoever else.

Then again, considering that, he probably wasn't acting. Taz must be a pretty tough guy in real life.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Wasn't there an interview with Vince one time where he said he regretted not putting the belt on Taz when he had the opportunity to?
I don't remember hearing about Vince wanting to strap Taz but on the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD, Vince put over Taz in a big way. He said he loved Taz's work in ECW.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Taz was my favorite wrestler in ECW back in the day. He was as close to ECW's version of Goldberg as you can get, a bonafide bad motherfucker. I loved his feuds with Bam Bam, Lawler, and Sabu.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.