Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
^Overcomez teh odds!^
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kurt Angle banner in my profile is brand new, I just made it using paint and image analyzer. What do you think of it? I know it isnt that great, but I didn't have photoshop or any real software to work with. Constructive criticism is welcome.

·
Registered
508 Posts
3VK said:
This goes in the ratings section. I'd move it, but I'm not a mod. I'll rate it when its in the apropriate section.
WTF??? That was a waste if time.

Anyway, I'm not good at GFX, so I say it's pretty good. I've seen better, but I've also see alot worse.

·
AnGOATio Cesaro
4,539 Posts
How was that useless. I told him so he would know better next time. No big deal. And also your post is spamming(although this post will probably be taken as spamming too). Read the rules on how to rate a banner.

·
AnGOATio Cesaro
4,539 Posts
LK from thread "How to rate a banner" said:
Also when giving a rating, give a few reasons why you like it/don't like it. Post like the following aren't allowed anymore:

I like it.
8/10.
I'm not feeling it.
I can dig that.
etc.
He gave no reasons and why he likes or dislikes it.

·
^Overcomez teh odds!^
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol @ this thread. Sorry about it not being in the sub-forum. I will post banners in there from now on.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
3VK said:
He gave no reasons and why he likes or dislikes it.
Will you get over it already?

He said "I've seen better, but I've also see alot worse."

That to me is a rating so just stfu and don't reply again.

And now to the banner. Get photoshop, that's how you improve.

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓
3,733 Posts
It is an okay banner for paint, but the problem is that it's extremely plain. As Brck said, I'd advise you get Photoshop CS2 (I added the CS2 so you don't go making a thread on which version to get *cough*). So yeah, there isn't much good you can do by using paint.

·
Registered
169 Posts
BrckBrlnXII said:
Will you get over it already?

He said "I've seen better, but I've also see alot worse."

That to me is a rating so just stfu and don't reply again.

And now to the banner. Get photoshop, that's how you improve.
I don't mean to interrupt, and I probably shouldn't, but to you it may seem like a rating, but put yourself in Santak01's shoes. If he were to make another banner similar to the one he's asking us to rate, he wouldn't really have much to work with because telling somebody that they've seen better but have also seen worse cannot help a person better improve themselves. 3VK's right. He's saying that when we rate a banner, we are to tell the maker of it what they did right as well as what they did wrong so next time they won't make the same mistakes....and that's understandable! So to tell 3VK to "shut up" as you did was really out of line because everything he said was true. It's just like American Idol when the contestant stands before the judges after a song. Imagine Randy, Simon, and Paula telling a contestant that their performance wasn't the best, but wasn't the worst.....How can the contestant improve him/herself with that one statement? I'll answer that question for you - they can't! No where in there have they heard "You did this, but you need to do that" or " You did this and you did it well....I liked how you blah, blah, blah....". So the contestant would get no sense of satisfaction. It'd be different if Confucious told Santak01 what they lacked and what they did well on and then gave the statement that he's seen better but also alot worse.

Anyway, as far as the Kurt Angle banner is concerned - Santak01, I'm not really liking this one a bit. The pics of Kurt on the sides are too old and dull, use a picture that's more exciting and more current. These pics came out a little after he debuted and he's been in the WWE a while since then. I've never liked that picture of Kurt to begin with. The middle pic where it says "Kurt Angle" came directly from Kurt's book and you can still see some of his hair under his name - which isn't the smartest thing to do, even though you put another pic of Kurt there to somewhat distract on-lookers from noticing. If you had Photoshop, you could do so much better. I'll give it a 4/10. Also, just for the sake of others and yourself, next time you make a banner put it in the actual post so that way if you happen to change the sig in your profile, people will still know what you're talking about. :agree:

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
LK: Could we just rate the banner?
Others: Yes master

1 - 13 of 13 Posts