Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of Wade Barrett's The Core group name? I just think its a terrible name for a WWE group.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
The name itself would be fine if it were just comprised of the "core" nexus members i.e. barrett and the other people that were actually on NXT, where as the nexus on Raw is mostly new people. However since they added Ezekiel Jackson to the mix, it doesn't really make sense as a name anymore. Also I think it's utterly retarded that they had to make it "The Corre" for copyright purposes, that just looks stupid, they should've picked something else for that reason alone.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If I remembered correctly hardly anybody liked the Nexus name at first but after a while everyone got used to it so I'm sure this will be no different

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nexus Core would be a better name...
Or just The Nexus.
Bring back the Nexus merch and Ring entrance
get rid of the "new nexus"

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
The name itself would be fine if it were just comprised of the "core" nexus members i.e. barrett and the other people that were actually on NXT, where as the nexus on Raw is mostly new people. However since they added Ezekiel Jackson to the mix, it doesn't really make sense as a name anymore. Also I think it's utterly retarded that they had to make it "The Corre" for copyright purposes, that just looks stupid, they should've picked something else for that reason alone.
I don't mind the name, but I also agree with this.
What would the copyright be of?

I am very sad though that Big Zeke doesn't get to come out to his theme "Domination"! Ah!
That theme is just so good. It should have been Corre's theme. Haha.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I don't mind the name, but I also agree with this.
What would the copyright be of?

I am very sad though that Big Zeke doesn't get to come out to his theme "Domination"! Ah!
That theme is just so good. It should have been Corre's theme. Haha.
The name "The Corre." And I think it would be trademarked, not copyrighted. Either way, if some indy company suddenly gets a stable called The Corre, WWE can sue their asses. I don't think they could control The Core (without the extra R) name, since there's already a movie called that.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Can't say I have a problem with it. And since 75% of the group came from the original Nexus, the name itself makes sense.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Nexus Core would be a better name...
Or just The Nexus.
Bring back the Nexus merch and Ring entrance
get rid of the "new nexus"
In that case, they may as well call it the Nexus Wolfpac. No offence buddy, but I think they need to create a degree of separation from the Nexus to prevent people from moaning about it being an nWo re-hash.

Also, the number of people on and outside of this board who recommended the name Empire (linked to Caesar and his former FCW tag team) was huge and would have fit much better than the Corre.

·
Registered
353 Posts
In that case, they may as well call it the Nexus Wolfpac. No offence buddy, but I think they need to create a degree of separation from the Nexus to prevent people from moaning about it being an nWo re-hash.
reading comprehension fail Bro?
I said get rid of that New Nexus.
Wade Barret is Nexus and CM Punk is SES.

CM Punk got rid of everything that made Nexus "the Nexus'
The matching N shirts, the theme the original "core" members....
The new Nexus is not a new Nexus...its just a new SES
The Corre is the New Nexus and It should be called "the NeXus Core" or Just the Nexus.
Flawless logic... u mad?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts