Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could wwe do this match?, I would love to see a battle of third generation superstars. orton vs the rock could be a great match

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: what do you think of randy orton vs the rock?

Randy Orton vs. the Rock sounds like a great matchup, actually. A very interesting clash of characters, with the sadistic Viper going after the Great One... but I'd prefer Randy doing it as a heel, since as a face, it feels very awkward. I feel like if the two met as babyfaces, it'd be watered down into a respectful "LET'S SEE WHO THE BETTER WRESTLER IS!" type of contest that doesn't include the character clash because it doesn't rely on character that much, or at best, it'd be Randy acting heelish just for a moment, then proceeding normally with the feud.

To me, late-2000's Heel Randy vs. Rock is kind of like Bryan vs. Michaels or Stone Cold vs. Ric Flair: a very interesting match that never took place.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

I would love to see it.

A cool spot I could see happening in that match is Rock going for The Peoples Elbow on Orton and just as Rock bounces off the ropes the second time, Orton quickly rises to his feet and hits the RKO on Rock.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts

orton is not a draw. thats why hes never worked with guys like rock or brock. guys had more chances than anyone its unreal

·
Banned
6,752 Posts

The ship has sailed as far as this match is concerned. It should have happened at Wrestlemania 21 or very shortly afterwards when Orton was still the "legend killer" and on the rise to the top. WM21 would have been perfect since:

-It was in Hollywood, Rock's new "home."
-Orton was the Legend Killer at the time. What better legend to kill in Hollywood than The Rock himself?
-Both were 3rd generation superstars.
-Both were the youngest world champions in history at the time of their first world title win.
-Rock had cut an epic promo in July of 2004 against Orton that could have even been perceived as a subtle/not-so-subtle planting of the seeds for a match between them the very next year.
-They interacted with one another in the 3-on-2 handicap match at Wrestlemania XX, it's fitting that they would then clash one-on-one at the next year's Wrestlemania.
-Orton could brag to Rock about how he cleanly defeated his friend Mick Foley twice and would now do the same to him.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

I think it'd still be a great match. All of the Rock's matches since 2011 have been underrated.

I think, where their characters are, it'd be a really interesting, really unique pairing. And fuck it, probably steal the show.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

Randy Orton could go full viper by wrapping himself around the Rock and suffocating him! He could also bite the Rock, who becomes hospitalized for a week.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts

Would be cool not as cool as orton/lesnar tho. Thats a legit dreammatch.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,296 Posts

The Legend Killer....name one that he killed. He loses to everyone.

Daniel Bryan has a far better chance of a Rock match than Orton does. They wouldn't give Orton a Brock match even when it made sense. And Rock is a way bigger star than Lesnar.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts

I think it's his least important, least box office feud to date and a waste of The Rock and a waste of the money it takes to bring him in.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts

They could have done it in 2004 when Vince tried to shove this overpushed fuck down our throats.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts

I wouldn't necessarily hate it, but I'd definitely have very very little interest in it. I like Orton here and there, but he's just not someone (for me) that measures up when it comes to those big matches you see when the part timers appear. Rock against Punk, Rock against Cena at 28, even if a Rock/Lesnar rematch ever happened, those all felt/feel big. They were the real deal you know. Orton just, I don't know, it just sounds boring to me and I see Rock on an entirely different level than him to the point the match just feels like a waste of time.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

Should of done it when Randy was the Legend Killer TBH

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.