Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think they waste an opportunity to cash in on their momentum? I mean, the episode could easily be skipped by someone and won't miss a significant episodic development. Personally I watch it because sometimes there are some gems for matches here and there. What do you think about it?

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
This past one was surprisingly good, but most of the time they were dreadful to sit through. I remember being so hyped up after R Evolution, just for NXT to go on that bullshit 3 week break where 2 of the weeks were pre-taped matches with nobodies, another week being NXT's "Best of 2014".

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
There's only ever been one good post-takeover episode, which was the one after London when Sami Zayn returned, and the rest of that episode was still pretty skippable.

Generally they're a total waste of time and as you point out, they do feel like a wasted opportunity.

I'm not sure what the alternative is for the post-TO episode. I'd rather they actually did film a normal episode back at Full Sail or film it on the road at one of the subsequent house shows, but I'm not sure if the logistics would allow that.

On a related note, I'd really really like to see an extra 25-50 mins for Takeover events.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Another regular NXT episode. Nothing special. You don't feel like you have to watch it or you're gonna miss out on something. I haven't even watched the last one yet.

But yeah like you said, some gems here & there. I mainly watch for Black, Almas, Sanity (esp Cross), Asuka & the U.K. guys.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
I literally only watch them hoping to see Aliyah, Mandy or Binky... complete waste of time otherwise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The matches are good fun normally, I can comfortably say I thoroughly enjoyed El Vagabondo's appearance not that long ago! I like it as a way to see which undercard acts are getting over generally and see how a bigger crowd reacts to them. I did prefer when there were 3-4 matches on that card though, with less recaps

Also strange to think of cards like the first Takeover:Brooklyn having an 8 man tag team match of American Alpha/Revival vs Enzo & Cass/Hype Bros while the main card was Vaudevillians vs Blake/Murphy. I remember Brooklyn being so excited to see those teams even though they weren't all over yet, so it's a good way to see how receptive fans are i guess.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
The same way I think of all the other non-TakeOver NXT shows.......................skip it 'til TakeOver.

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
They are pure momentum killers.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
It'd be a risky move, but I wonder if they would consider putting the Takeover on an hour early and have the next week's episode taped in the hour after Takeover. You might need to put a slightly better match on the show to get people to stay- something like Ohno vs. Lorcan and Drew vs. Almas might have done the trick this time around. That way you've got a hotter episode with better matches and crowd, they can continue stories directly, and still have that time between the episode being taped and it airing to do whatever they want with pre-tapes and highlight packages.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts