Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For someone who was fairly successful in WCW no one talks about him at all.

His physique is obviously his strong point, which could be said for a lot of wrestlers. His mic work was decent, he enough charisma and in ring was passable, there was a lot worse out there.

What do you think of the Total Package?

Reactions: ViolenceIsGolden

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think he was not a total package in any way.Shitty wrestler,shitty mic work,his looks were his only strong side-just another pumped up preety boy with no skills or uniqueness whatsoever.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
If he wasn't crippled in a wheel chair, fat, estranged from his whole family, and wasn't retired forever and getting his life back on track as a born again Christian I think TNA probably would have signed him on January 4th last year. Which that in of itself is sad.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
wasnt there a German Hand Gun called Luger in WW2 ? lol everytime i hear his name i think of that .:gun:

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Not the best worker or talent, but he had his moments. For example, I thought his match with Yoko at Summerslam 93 is an underrated gem AND his stuff with Hogan in 97 was pretty intense. That Nitro match they had was pretty hot if I recall. I don't think the label of being one of the all time worst is entirely fair as I see guys now getting the World Title that are much worse (cough cough KANE cough cough).

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Hey, TripleG is a mod! When did that happen man, Congrats man :D

As for Luger, he should just thank God that Four Horsemen took care of him. Especially Flair.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
wasn't this guy in smallville? Wait thats lex luther

anyway kidding aside he had a physique and was nothing extremely special in the ring...perfect for the main event

He's not bad on the mic, but i never liked him...luger is to me what Jomo is to the man previously known as Pyro

·
Broadcast Journalist
280 Posts
Back in the day, I was such a big fan of Luger. Some of the stuff I've seen from him in NWA/WCW from the late 80's/early 90's was superb. Good powerhouse wrestler who was actually pretty agile to boot. When he debuted in WWF/WWE, I thought the "Narcissist" gimmick had legs - even if I was just a wee boy! By being a kid, I was obviously suckered into the whole "LEX IS A GOOD GUY" American thing, even if in retrospect I wish he'd stayed a big-headed heel. Clearly by the time he reached WCW again he was coming to an end. The guy can't really be judged on his work from 1999 onwards as...well...he was just killing time like most others in Atlanta!

·
2,775 Posts
"DubCdubC..er...DubCDubya wrestlers"

I was never a fan so to speak, but as TripleG has said, his match against Yokozuna at Summerslam 93 and his work with Hogan in 97 were good. In terms of mic skills though I thought he sucked.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I don't really care about him.

It's hard to believe nowadays that Vince actually wanted to make him(and later Sid Vicious) the new Hulk Hogan after the Ultimate Warrior failure.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think many regular wrestling fans (outside the IWC) remember him as somewhat legendary. He played a big role in both companies.

The Torture Rack is still my fave finisher on SNES Royal Rumble 93.

·
Banned
295 Posts
He was awesome in the late 80's. He had quite a few good matches back then. Feuding with the Horsemen, Nikita, etc. helped him a lot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts