Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of Jerry "The King" Lawler have a match at WrestleMania XXVII?

After the main event of RAW yesterday, where the "King" had its first shot at the WWE title against WWE Champion The Miz, in which Jerry was praised for his work, what they think of the WWE Vince McMahon more precisely present once again Lawler, realizing his dream of having a fight in the biggest event of all?

Very sorry for my bad English.:(

·
Registered
955 Posts
If they could make it happen, they should bring back one of his old rivals from his Memphis days. I'd love to see one more brawl with Bill Dundee or even surprise us with Terry Funk.

Did you guys know that Lawler still does indie dates even as recently as earlier this year?

·
Registered
802 Posts
i like the idea but no it wont happen i dont think he could last a WM mainevent match would take alot and what if he won? how long would that last? who would he drop it to?

·
Registered
955 Posts
I don't think he's asking about him having a title match at WrestleMania but just a match in general.

I think it'd be cool to have a legends match with one of his long time rivals in the mid-card. Maybe have a good 10 or so minute brawl where it consists of punching and piledrivers and then that's it. It would be entertaining.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
i like the idea but no it wont happen i dont think he could last a WM mainevent match would take alot and what if he won? how long would that last? who would he drop it to?
I don't think meant in the main event. But yeah why not. As long as a good story is built then I would be for it.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Jerry Lawler vs Cole in a 5 minute comedy match.

Not because I want to see Jerry Lawler vs Cole in a 5 minute comedy match, you understand, but because I'd take Jerry Lawler vs Cole in a 5 minute comedy match over them commentating another Wrestlemania together.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, New Blood. This is the idea.

What do you think of Jerry Lawler vs. William Regal?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jerry Lawler vs Cole in a 5 minute comedy match.

Not because I want to see Jerry Lawler vs Cole in a 5 minute comedy match, you understand, but because I'd take Jerry Lawler vs Cole in a 5 minute comedy match over them commentating another Wrestlemania together.
Great idea, it would be fun!

·
New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,440 Posts
I'm not interested in anyone over the age of 61 having a match at Wrestlemania, unless his name is Vince.

·
Registered
802 Posts
aw sorry my bad now id like that the King Lawler vs King Regal hopefully hell be back in time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That'd be a cool one. I would also love Lawler vs. Finlay.

Finlay is so underused it's not funny.
Yes, Finlay is one of the most underrated wrestlers along with William Regal.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just saw Lawler wrestle in October. He was way more entertaining than Helms on the undercard, if that means anything. I wouldn't be opposed to him having a match at Mania as long as it was well done, and with someone that made it mean something. Earlier suggestions like Terry Funk are pretty good.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I'm not interested in anyone over the age of 61 having a match at Wrestlemania, unless his name is Vince.
I'm not interested in ANYBODY over the age of 61 having a match at Wrestlemania (especially XXVII/27 cause I'll be there) including Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think it'd be great for him! Give him someone like Goldust or Regal, it'd be a pretty good match in my opinion :D Lawler's a great story teller in the ring and last night, even though the ending wasn't really in doubt, he still made it seem like to the crowd that he had a good chance of winning, an ability that I'm sure manyyy superstars in the back wish they had.

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Cole VS Lawler at Wrestlemania if Cole losses, he must step down as RAW commentator and be replaced by Jim Ross.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts