Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my opinion i'm really glad they are giving him a push he deserves. CM Punk = Next WWE champ.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Still one of my favorites. Just don't like how since his loss to HHH he hasn't been as big of a part of the show. If the reports of him getting a huge push through 2012 are true, I'll be happy.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still one of my favorites. Just don't like how since his loss to HHH he hasn't been as big of a part of the show. If the reports of him getting a huge push through 2012 are true, I'll be happy.
He should have beaten HHH

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
43,608 Posts
I don't like how they've handled him post Summerslam, maybe even before that. They had the hottest thing in the world on their hands they rushed his return & and haven't had their storylines live up to the potential that Punk initially created.

He's still good and he'll do what he can to make it all work, but a friend of mine recently called him Booger from Revenge of the Nerds. He's just a sarcastic wise guy that still gets picked on for being a nerd, so it doesn't matter what he says. While I won't go that far with it, I will say that they've pretty much jerked the rug up from underneath him, probably without realizing what they did.

Punk was the hottest thing in the company because he left with the belt, making him the ultimate rebel. He defeated John Cena, gave the proverbial middle finger to Vince, and basically took the legitimacy of the WWE Title with him. Well they brought him back after only a week. Then he loses the title, loses to John Cena, Triple H, & Del Rio. And now all he does is whine and tag team with John Cena like they are buddies now. So he went from having all the attention on him for doing something that has never been done before, and now he's lost pretty much everything since.

They think they are maximizing him because they are putting him in main events, but they didn't really put any thought or care into the storyline and its been showing for a while now. I had my fears when Punk came back after a week and its looked more and more like that ever since.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Still the best all around talent in the wwe today.

Just hate the way he's been booked, it's not that hard wwe. Keep him away until survior series, return at survivor series during the cena and rock face off at the end of the ppv. Still the ultimate rebel anti hero face, massive pop in MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, and an extremely historic moment.

·
Registered
826 Posts
They should of just let him ride as a tweener. Now that he is a fully fledged babyface, it kind of ruins what Punk was doing. Oh well, time will tell I guess. I am glad he's getting the push in which he deserves though.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
I never understood why Punk is all of a sudden this huge babyface teaming with Cena like if the two of them are best of friends.
same reason why Sheamus is hugging Cena or why Christian and Alberto Del Rio are BFF's after Del Rio shelved Christian and they had a huge rivalry not too long ago

As for Punk i think he's easily the best thing going on Raw even though Orton is my favourite active wrestler right now he does more on SD where as on Raw its just him facing a jobber/mid carder quickly before he jets off for SD the next day

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CM Punk is fucking awesome

·
Registered
335 Posts
Still very talented.

But lookin to be a flash in the pan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts