Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Team AEW
2,782 Posts
Absolutely. He's like HHH in many ways in that he can talk but he's always at risk of sounding long winded.

He needs to walk, talk and do everything like he owns the place every time he walks to that ring. A warrior aura. And he needs to just kick ass, no lighthearted babyface shit. I don't want him smiling and kissing too much ass to fans.
Agreed, he shouldn't be smiley happy cartoon character. Tonight was alright, because he is still celebrating that Rumble win. But next week he should be pissed off and wreck havoc, because Lesnar attacked him.

Also, at the Rumble he really reminded me of a Triple H 2002 terminator gimmick. He has a similar aura, imo.

This is not as important but I think he needs better music too. Current Gallantry track is too repetitive.
Oh no, this is very important. I talked about that music track on this forum to a great lengths at this point. This track is garbage. It doesn't sound like main event.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
After WM I would start booking him similar to how Batista was- would have him come out in cool bright suits- Maybe a white one after WM or pink one like Jason momoa pink suit, etc.

Make him to actually look like a champ and above the rest. Don’t let him come out in ring gear or some generic “badass” leather jackets or black outfits.

Make him stand out with his style so that guys want to look sharp like him and girls wants his babies.
This is not as important but I think he needs better music too. Current Gallantry track is too repetitive.
These are the kinds of stuff I think they have to consider. His attire right now is too generic and he needs to look more unique. And his current theme is CFO$'s bullshit at its finest. It needs a remix, at the very least. Broken dreams was better but I understand that maybe as a babyface they need something with more energy.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Bizzare statement considering he just won the Rumble and will be main eventing Mania against Brock.
Because I know that most likely he'll be forced to job to Lesner and will be back down to mid card or stuck in a tag team it would be better to leave while he's on top and can land himself in the title picture with better odds at winning.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Drew isn’t unsalvageable, unlike Roman Reigns. He has a good energy and isn’t bad on the mic... but he isn’t anything special on the mic either.

I think what he needs is better, more comedic writing. Imagine if he was cutting a promo on Brock with no sympathy and belittled him constantly, with Brock rarely getting anything over on him except the occasional heel beat down. Make Drew the alpha monster with some charm, because that’s what he’s lacking right now. (But, you know, no “Jack and the Beanstlk” promos)

Right now, though, he’s dangerously close to falling into boring Roman promo territory, which is bad long term, because once you get through WrestleMania, you still have the same Drew McIntyre. This should be a transformative program for him.

Then again, for all we know, all Heyman could see in Drew is just a WrestleMania lameduck challenger for Brock to beat. Then, yeah, no danger of him being FOTC. Hopefully they give him a shot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Drew isn’t unsalvageable, unlike Roman Reigns. He has a good energy and isn’t bad on the mic... but he isn’t anything special on the mic either.

I think what he needs is better, more comedic writing. Imagine if he was cutting a promo on Brock with no sympathy and belittled him constantly, with Brock rarely getting anything over on him except the occasional heel beat down. Make Drew the alpha monster with some charm, because that’s what he’s lacking right now. (But, you know, no “Jack and the Beanstlk” promos)

Right now, though, he’s dangerously close to falling into boring Roman promo territory, which is bad long term, because once you get through WrestleMania, you still have the same Drew McIntyre. This should be a transformative program for him.

Then again, for all we know, all Heyman could see in Drew is just a WrestleMania lameduck challenger for Brock to beat. Then, yeah, no danger of him being FOTC. Hopefully they give him a shot.
Honestly to me he is already more interesting than Seth or Roman or any of the previous new guys.

Unlike Roman he didn’t belong to a stable where you could clearly compare him with the other stable members and see clearly that he is being pushed over them while the only superior thing he has over them is his looks and heritage.

This was I think the main reason Roman has the backlash becuase people directly compared him with Ambrose and Seth who at the time were better than him at all levels while didn’t get anywhere near the same push.

Also Drew already have a certain swag around him even without having to say much-his in ring mannerisms are top notch , for example the cocky countdown or when he had the handicap match and was doing the standup jump with a cocky smile as if beating those joboronis is nothing to him.

Do not compare him with the likes of Cena or Rock or Austin, as he is more of a Brock Lesnar /Batista type of character who doesn’t need to cut long promos but communicate mostly with his physical presence and ring manierisms.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Also Drew already have a certain swag around him even without having to say much-his in ring mannerisms are top notch , for example the cocky countdown or when he had the handicap match and was doing the standup jump with a cocky smile as if beating those joboronis is nothing to him.

Do not compare him with the likes of Cena or Rock or Austin, as he is more of a Brock Lesnar /Batista type of character who doesn’t need to cut long promos but communicate mostly with his physical presence and ring manierisms.
Batista is a great comparison, and Drew's already been through a lot more career-wise and learned more than Batista did by the same point in his career, although Batista had a much better story in the HHH feud.

There's something to New Japan's excursion phase in their training, where I think Drew really picked up a lot by leaving WWE and coming back. Reigns being entirely in the WWE system really hurt him a lot in terms of what he could develop, which is where I think Drew has an advantage over Reigns overall.

I mean, we'll see where they put him at WrestleMania, if he's just another challenger to Brock or if he's actually going to get the rocket strapped to him, but he isn't the worst option they could be going with. Might even be the best as far as fresh people to try out with. He still needs some work, but the crowd hasn't turned on him yet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Batista is a great comparison, and Drew's already been through a lot more career-wise and learned more than Batista did by the same point in his career, although Batista had a much better story in the HHH feud.

There's something to New Japan's excursion phase in their training, where I think Drew really picked up a lot by leaving WWE and coming back. Reigns being entirely in the WWE system really hurt him a lot in terms of what he could develop, which is where I think Drew has an advantage over Reigns overall.

I mean, we'll see where they put him at WrestleMania, if he's just another challenger to Brock or if he's actually going to get the rocket strapped to him, but he isn't the worst option they could be going with. Might even be the best as far as fresh people to try out with. He still needs some work, but the crowd hasn't turned on him yet.
The only way I see him losing to Brock is if he gets really bad or no crowd reactions through the build up. As it stands now the crowd is really behind him and you could see in his promo from Monday that he really appreciates the support .

The best way to book the feud with Lesnar going forward for me is next week hayman to come out and say that Brock will destroy Drew but before that he has some unfinished business with Rocoshet and challenge him to a match at Saudi Arabia .

During the match have richoshet pull a good offense but get overwhelmed by Lesnar who beats him and proceed to beat him after the match , only for Drew to come out for the save , claymore Lesnar out of the ring and then raise richoshets hand and help him on his way back.

From there on focus on braws where Lesnar tries to blindsight Drew and beat him to try to injure him before the match.

Eventually at the end Raw Drew comes looking injured in a segment with Lesnar and hayman but as Brock turns his back , Drew shows he isnt injured and beats up Brock, then proceeds to beat him at mania similar to Batista vs HHH .

After mania change his theme music and make him come out with bright and unique suits like Batista .

I think if they do that they will have the next major star.

·
glock lesnar
447 Posts
He’s done wonders in the last couple of weeks but I would just have him do a little less pandering and this is nitpicky but I want that old theme back lol and while we are at it, if you’re calling him the “Scottish psychopath”, he should go to psychopathic levels in this feud, eg: Brock gives him a beatdown one week and he’s not there the next week and Heyman’s out on the mic talking crap and out comes Drew and he just beats the crap out of Heyman and gives him the ol’ Daniel Bryan tie choke

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
The Batista comparison is interesting, I think what made Batista's moment so memorable is how great a heel Triple H was in that role. He really went the extra mile to get Batista over. I just don't think Lesnar really does much for anyone. Rollins gained nothing from beating him. In fact it's a shame Rollins is not the heel champion that Mcintyre is facing, Rollins vs Mcintyre for the title would have been something special.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts