Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drew McIntyre is a decent worker and has a good physique, but a lot of people usually complain about how he doesn't always get crowd reactions, and point at a presumed lack of charisma. Personally, I think the guy is talented bit a bit bland character/personality-wise. So for me what he needs is, plain and simple, a gimmick.

But more importantly, I want to know your opinion. Do you think he has it? Do you believe he has all the tools? What would you change or add, if you could?

·
Team AEW
2,782 Posts
He's perfectly fine. Just book him to kill.

Go in tomorrow and brawl with Lesnar, then kill the likes of Orton, Styles, Rollins on RAW during the build up to Mania, then book him to win at Mania itself, and you'll have a star. Don't have him cut long promos. He can talk, but he isn't a kind of speaker people want to hear for too long. He should do things, not say things. It will work, just don't fuck him up for Christ sake.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Go in tomorrow and brawl with Lesnar, then kill the likes of Orton, Styles, Rollins on RAW during the build up to Mania, then book him to win at Mania itself, and you'll have a star. Don't have him cut long promos. He can talk, but he isn't a kind of speaker people want to hear for too long. He should do things, not say things. It will work, just don't fuck him up for Christ sake.
Don't you think he needs a little more definition, character-wise?

·
Team AEW
2,782 Posts
Don't you think he needs a little more definition, character-wise?
I liked his previous character, but they weren't doing anything with it, and it wasn't getting over as the result. I can't say for certain, what are they going to do now, because only time will tell. Will they make him an underdog, or will he be dominating Lesnar, or will they be portrayed as equals going into WM? His character may differ with all these scenarios. I just can't answer your question right now, because his new persona is still in the building process, so I can't see the final result to really judge.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts

You can't just flip a switch. Audience for 13 years have seen him more as a sneaky guy who wrestles long matches and sometimes gets upset by smaller dudes.

I mean if WALTER was the guy who put out Lesnar and then destroyed styles, Orton, Rollins the fans would buy into him being unstoppable tough guy more because he is fresh and new (to main roster fans). Attempting to make McIntyre next Goldberg now after a decade+ isn't going to work.

They will need new tactic. Babyface thing he is doing now is decent but again he blindsided Brock last night so didn't physically over match him.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
He needs good RTWM booking. That’s literally all. He’s not gonna gain anything more than he already has in just 2 months. This is the Drew that we got and we gotta accept it if we gonna keep watching.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think he can do well as champion. He's not going to be Austin or anything, but I expect a better reign than Rollins or Kofi, the two guys who won titles at last years WM. Give his face run a chance. He seems to be getting more reactions recently, and its a really easy story to tell about him being "the guy", failing, then coming back and finally making good.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
It doesnt matter, hes at his peak, he not gonna get better I see him like another Roman with better workrate but even worse mic.

·
This Post Is Rated R
2,716 Posts
Better mic skills, better in-ring work and a better character.

Name me one area where he is better than Rollins or Bryan?
Believability, he looks like he could beat Brock, Bryan and Rollins don't, the fact Rollins has beat Brock twice when Braun and Joe didn't get to is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
He's just extremely bland unfortunately.
Great look and okay in the ring, but just plain boring character wise.

I'm not sure if it's a charisma issue or a booking issue, probably both.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
He's just extremely bland unfortunately.
Great look and okay in the ring, but just plain boring character wise.

I'm not sure if it's a charisma issue or a booking issue, probably both.
His main problem is the same as everyone else's: the writing.

·
Registered
473 Posts
He looks like he belongs. I was suckered into watching this last night by my WWE friends and I was very happy I did because that was the best WWE show that I have seen in 10+ years. Drew is a star in the making. Wish AEW had him.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I guess I’m going to look idiot going by the sentiment all over here but I’m going to put my neck on the line ...I don’t think McIntyre is that bad on the mic at all, especially in this current run where he is getting to show some of his personality and humour. He’s miles better than Reigns and most of the crop (I know that’s not saying much). I don’t mean to say he is a god of promo’s or anything, but I think people are really harsh as all WWE have given him since his return is generic foreign heel promo’s.

·
Registered
112 Posts
He doesn’t really need anything .

A guy like Drew shouldn’t be booked to crack jokes or do over the top stuff.

He should be Booked the way he was last night- a fierce competitor who would take on Everyone , doesnt joke around and is hungry to be on top.

I Am already invested into the story with Brock from the RR so don’t change much in him andI will be happy

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
To me I think Drew is the complete package. He just has to be booked better and like a damn winner.

Well its his time now he's in that top spotlight so this is it for him. Skin or swin time now from here to WM36. Paul Heyman see's something in Drew and he's usually on the mark with his picks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok after some considerations ,this is how I would book him going forward:

I would have him beat Lesnar in a dominant way. Not a squash but just a clean finish where he just ends up being the bettter man.

After WM I would start booking him similar to how Batista was- would have him come out in cool bright suits- Maybe a white one after WM or pink one like Jason momoa pink suit, etc.

Make him to actually look like a champ and above the rest. Don’t let him come out in ring gear or some generic “badass” leather jackets or black outfits.

Make him stand out with his style so that guys want to look sharp like him and girls wants his babies.

From there on just make him a fighting champ who isn’t an underdog to anyone but is also not an immortal thing like Lesnar or the fiend are booked.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts