Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Didn't have enough time to properly notice it, it was a blink and you miss it match, looked pretty generic though.

The trunks he used to wear were pretty cool, maybe they told him to dress more like a jobber?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since when tights are jobberish and trunks aren't?

Despite that, I think the long tights Tyson wears now need more colour. Too monochrome.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's exactly the problem? I always thought his previous attire was generic and Tyson, being gimmickless and with a generic look, couldn't stand out.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
He's deemed skinny by Vince so he has to wear tights. I knew this would happen eventually as it happens to almost everyone who has Kidd's body type.

·
Registered
14,096 Posts
If Tyson Kidd debuted as a masked character he'd be an upper card guy with a couple midcard titles under his belt already - he's very good in the ring, but just doesn't have any charisma at all - can't connect with the fans if his life depended on it. We've all seen unmasked Sin Cara pics, and he'd never be over if it wasn't for the mask - it adds intrigue and mystique.

·
Banned
370 Posts
If Tyson Kidd debuted as a masked character he'd be an upper card guy with a couple midcard titles under his belt already - he's very good in the ring, but just doesn't have any charisma at all - can't connect with the fans if his life depended on it. We've all seen unmasked Sin Cara pics, and he'd never be over if it wasn't for the mask - it adds intrigue and mystique.
I always call BS on this. I think he did well as a heel on NXT.

How often has Tyson gotten a chance to do promos or vignettes on Smackdown or Raw?

I think the last promo he had was a backstage argument with Bryan about Shawn and Bret.

If given the ball I think Tyson could roll with it

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I always call BS on this. I think he did well as a heel on NXT.

How often has Tyson gotten a chance to do promos or vignettes on Smackdown or Raw?

I think the last promo he had was a backstage argument with Bryan about Shawn and Bret.

If given the ball I think Tyson could roll with it
Tyson's also fairly over as a face, considering the only time he appears on Smackdown is to get squashed. He was one of the more popular NXT guys.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Yeah, it's not that Kidd doesn't connect with the fans, it's just that he can't because he's never given a chance to. But I'd say for a guy who appears like once a month, he gets a pretty decent pop, and even if he doesn't, he ends up getting the crowd on his side during matches such as his moment during Over the Limit. Give him a mouth piece, use him more and bam, you have a good midcarder in your ranks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.