Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,619 Posts
I pose them the question about their favorite TV show or Movie.

Such as my father for example, always bashing me for watching wrestling.

"That's fake and gay, Ian."

"Hey dad, is NCIS real? Do they actually shoot people?"

That shut him up.

I do that all the time, I compare it to a movie/show and say hey Movies are fake but you watch them because it entertains you. I watch wrestling for the same reason.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Comparing it to movies or TV always works. Or, when talking to people with more refined taste, compare it to theatre. That's pretty much what wrestling is. A televised play.

·
Registered
885 Posts
"its better than Bold and the Beautiful, and has less incest"

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
i tell people do you watch movies, do you own a tv, then i say are you a hypocrite or an idiot, maybe both?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Nowadays I don't run into that much. But when I let people know I do, I oft let them know it's for the drama and physical tricks.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

I do that all the time, I compare it to a movie/show and say hey Movies are fake but you watch them because it entertains you. I watch wrestling for the same reason.
This.

I especially hate it when I'm watching wrestling with someone that doesn't watch it and this is what they do the whole time.

"Did you see that there, that was fake."
"He didn't really hit him."
"They're not really mad at each other."
"They're not really hitting each other hard."

I'm like STFU when I'm watching a movie I'm not saying
"They're not really married."
"He's not really dead."
"He's not in jail in real-life."
"That's not his real name."

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I tell them "years ago, I started a pro wrestling radio show. WWE is the biggest wrestling promotion right now. To have a pro wrestling radio show, it would be stupid to cover pro wrestling and not talk about WWE. Mind you, I think WWE is the worst promotion in regards to pro wrestling now in terms of booking, but it would be like a basketball show only covering college games, when the big leagues are the NBA. It wouldn't make sense".

Now, the defense of pro wrestling as a whole is different. I defend pro wrestling as a whole all the time. In fact, and this is probably terrible of me, I explain to people I can't get into fight scenes in movies because the only thing going through my mind is "camera cut. This isn't an actual fight, they probably took like 6 takes to do it. At least when I watch pro wrestling, it's in front of me and I know it's happening now".

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
I pose them the question about their favorite TV show or Movie.

Such as my father for example, always bashing me for watching wrestling.

"That's fake and gay, Ian."

"Hey dad, is NCIS real? Do they actually shoot people?"

That shut him up.

Your father sounds rather immature to me.

·
Registered
859 Posts
"They're actors"

"They're all actors"

"They're just actors"

(Shameas/Orton opening segment RAW after NOC)
"Ohh my. That guy looks mean" (silence)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts