Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it that you miss from the WWE? Anything that used to be there, and no longer is. Theme Songs, Shows, Wrestlers, Title Belts, etc.

I for one, miss Randy Orton's old music and persona, Kane's old music, all the old PPV's that were replaced by gimmicks, especially Backlash, and the Cruserweight belt, as well as Shelton, Hardcore Holly and Finlay. I also miss WWE Heat and the Dirt Sheet. I even miss ECW. It owned NXT.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
The Smackdown Six era. Let It Roll for Smackdown theme (seriously, Green Day?). The 2001 WWF Championship belt. Having a "breakout" star that you believe can tear his opponent apart (Lesnar).

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I miss the old school persona's atmosphere and energy that the WWF was known for. I miss the original and inventive PPV's, I mostly miss the unpredictability and who gives a fuck attitude that WWF would produce to us.

I should be running for senate, screw Linda!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Brand exclusive PPVs ... without any gimmicks.

Also blood, I just imagine how better could have been Nexus vs Cena, Taker vs Kane, Sheamus vs HHH and others if there could be some blading, just to have more drama.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
The WWE that had lots of storylines. And the stable wars. Dont know about other people, but it looks so intimidating if you see a group of 5-6 people walking down the ramp challenging another team to a battle and it's not just a raw vs sd match

·
Registered
4 Posts
I miss a really good tag-team division with really good tag-teams who knew how to do tag matches like The Samonans, The Strongboys, Demolition, and The Bushwackers just to name a few.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
The undisputed championship belt (2002-2005) is something I really miss. Really liked the look of the belt and was severely disappointed, when it was replaced with the spinner. Blood is something else, I miss to an extent. There are certain feuds and matches that I think would be better if they added blood to the mix. As long as they didn't put blood in constantly like they did before, I would be perfectly fine with it.

Also "The Beautiful People" as SmackDown's theme music (didn't care for it during it's reign on Raw).

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
JBL on commentary.

Heel Batista, Jeff Hardy (Just so everytime he wins a match, everyone on here can bitch), None of the Nexus being on T.V., the Divas division actually being watchable, and better storylines.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
The WWE that had lots of storylines. And the stable wars. Dont know about other people, but it looks so intimidating if you see a group of 5-6 people walking down the ramp challenging another team to a battle and it's not just a raw vs sd match
The solution to everybody's problem imo. Good storylines involving everybody = better product = better TV.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I miss the time before Linda was running for Senate.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
What is it that you miss from the WWE? Anything that used to be there, and no longer is. Theme Songs, Shows, Wrestlers, Title Belts, etc.

I for one, miss Randy Orton's old music and persona, Kane's old music, all the old PPV's that were replaced by gimmicks, especially Backlash, and the Cruserweight belt, as well as Shelton, Hardcore Holly and Finlay. I also miss WWE Heat and the Dirt Sheet. I even miss ECW. It owned NXT.
I was watching SmackDown! (01.06.2006) and it had a match featuring Kid Kash (the then Cruserweight Champion) and Juventud Guerrera of the MexiCools. Boy, I wasn't watching SmackDown! during that time, only the PPVs and, I really miss the belt after watching what kind of great guys they had battling for that belt. WCW had lots of flaws, but at least, they had such a deep roster that they could put out matches like the one I watched on that particular SmackDown! (which was for the title!) on a weekly basis and the division didn't have to revolve around 4 guys like it did near the end of the belt's existence in the WWE!.

I also miss La Résistance (most specifically, the team of Grenier & Conway) ;)

·
Banned
417 Posts
I think they missed big time on Rob Conway -- him and Nick Dinsmore (Eugene... ugh) were mainstays of developmental, were decent in the ring, and were both decent on the mic... they just never really got a break.

·
Registered
904 Posts
more storylines... blood bra nd panties matches..........AUSTIN...hmmmmmm j.r.

·
Banned
328 Posts
- Blood
- Hardcore title
- More factions
- The simple titantron entrance on RAW
- Vince McMahon on TV
- A top-face that did unpredictable things and didn't give a shit about anything (Austin)
- Long-term storylines with twists
- RAW and Smackdown! ending with cliffhangers that made it so you couldn't wait to watch next week.

Ah, I could go forever...

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
- Blood
- Hardcore title
- More factions
- The simple titantron entrance on RAW
- Vince McMahon on TV
- A top-face that did unpredictable things and didn't give a shit about anything (Austin)
- Long-term storylines with twists
- RAW and Smackdown! ending with cliffhangers that made it so you couldn't wait to watch next week.

Ah, I could go forever...
Winner lol. Seriously, Vince and/or Trips need to come back like, yesterday.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts