Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like at shows for example? ...... obviously, I think the one for most of us is the passion, us fans are very passionate about the product we love (probably why we have a lot of good debates here) but are there any other little things you love about the WWE Universe, specially like the crowds you see at the house shows or on TV?

Alongside the passion, I love little things such as when you see people dressed up as talent and legends, for example, you might see a Randy Savage in the crowd, last night at the house show I was at ... I saw fans dressed as Roddy Piper, IRS, Papa Shango etc.. there was a Goldust, a Hogan I think .... loads, it was really good and nice to see, honouring the legends and the passion for the product, I loved that.

There are also little things such as trends we set that impact the product (IE Fandangoing) ... so rather than the fact that when we talk about the IWC often complaining about the product or knocking our talents .... what things about the WWE Universe do you really enjoy?

I thought this could be quite interesting :)

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,573 Posts
I guess no one loves the WWE Universe.

:lmao

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
That sometimes we cheer, and sometimes we boo. :cena3

Reactions: funnyfaces1

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I like when they show their collective wit and do the WHAT? chants during people's promos. That's really funny and original and in no way makes me hope for part of the arena to collapse on top of those doing it.

I also like the respect they show to guys still in prime physical health (such as Chris Jericho) by chanting 'you still got it'. That's always really nice and in no way condescending.

Wrestling fans are great :)

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
I honestly can't think of one positive thing to say other than "at least I'm not them."

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I cringe every time I hear the phrase "WWE Universe". Even if it is an obvious PR term, still what a ridiculously corny thing to call your fans.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
I haven't been to many live events, in all honesty, but from what I have participated in there is a large sense of belonging when I'm surrounded by other WWE fans. Generally, there's a positive buzz and people tend to be really friendly and such. In my own personal experiences, though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like others said the whole universe thing is kinda silly but what I can say the first time I saw a live WWE show like in '04 I thought it was neat people were "woo'ing" in the parking lot building.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess no one loves the WWE Universe.

:lmao
I know, such a different and unique positive post too and they didn't get any love for a while, until you commented (thank you!) :)

I like when they show their collective wit and do the WHAT? chants during people's promos. That's really funny and original and in no way makes me hope for part of the arena to collapse on top of those doing it.

I also like the respect they show to guys still in prime physical health (such as Chris Jericho) by chanting 'you still got it'. That's always really nice and in no way condescending.

Wrestling fans are great :)
Yeah, the WWE fans do show a lot of respect to the talent really, I know that in the IWC, way too many talents get bashed and knocked, but on a whole, I think the majority of the fans do show massive respect to the talents, which is good, cause those guys work so hard for us 24/7 and sacrifice a lot to do this also.

I cringe every time I hear the phrase "WWE Universe". Even if it is an obvious PR term, still what a ridiculously corny thing to call your fans.
I agree with this, it's just become so much of a recognisable term now, it's just become the norm.

I haven't been to many live events, in all honesty, but from what I have participated in there is a large sense of belonging when I'm surrounded by other WWE fans. Generally, there's a positive buzz and people tend to be really friendly and such. In my own personal experiences, though.
Yeah, totally agree!!

Like others said the whole universe thing is kinda silly but what I can say the first time I saw a live WWE show like in '04 I thought it was neat people were "woo'ing" in the parking lot building.
Yeah, I went to my first live event show on Thursday night just gone, and fans outaside the arena were shouting the 'Yes' chants, with fans at the opposite side chanting 'No' back at them .... it was such a great great atmosphere and those people were great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts