Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are at the point where there seems to be a nitpick and a criticism for every single thing the WWE does. A lot of it is well deserved while some of it is exaggerated. I thought we'd change it up for once and discuss the things that we really like currently from the WWE as a whole. To keep this conversation different from many threads, lets try to actually give props where they are due and avoid backhanded compliments and sarcasm. Negative opinions on stuff is for a different thread, but constructive criticism is welcome.

I'll go ahead and list 5 (in no particular order).

1. The Mae Young Classic is really cool and I have enjoyed all of the tournaments they've done recently.

2. All 3 tag divisions have been KILLING IT. This past year or so is the best that tag team wrestling in the WWE has been since the Attitude Era.

3. The talent relations have been killing it with great signings ever since around the 2010s. After the great OVW days of guys like Lesnar, Cena, Orton, etc, WWE went through a pretty big dry spell in terms of bringing in hot names and good fresh talents. Now it seems like they are constantly grabbing some of the hottest and most talented names from the whole wrestling scene who we never thought would be in the company.

4. The NXT product has been amazing ever since its reboot, and is going through another hot period right now. We have had the opportunity to see so many great stories and men and women go through this developmental brand and it has produced some of the best wrestling material of the 2010s.

5. The Women's Revolution. Yup! I said it. I love the rising prominence of women's wrestling that the WWE has had since around 2014. It has gotten to the point that some of the best and most over wrestlers on the roster now are girls, and that is just awesome. Sometimes the booking could leave a bit to be desired, but we have really been in a renaissance of women's wrestling in the WWE.

Those are 5 aspects of WWE that I'm really happy with, I'm curious to hear what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Everything except women's revolution.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
Well, let's see.

There's Braun Strowman. The Mae Young Classic seems like it's gotten off to a good start. Braun Strowman. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins as well as the Usos/New Day feud is bringing some good back to the tag team divisions. NXT indeed looks set to go on another tear given the guys and gals they've just brought in. Braun Strowman. Asuka is great and even though I'm antsy about her main roster debut given WWE's history, I still can't say that I'm not happy I'll soon be seeing her on my TV. Braun Strowman. Raw's main event scene in general has been red hot.

Did I mention Braun Strowman?

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
The Universal title picture has been great for the last 2-3 months, the Usos/New Day feud has been good, Rollins and Dean being together again is great, NXT is very promising again at the minute, and the MYC is producing some good content. Plus it's always nice to see some of my faves do what they do best.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
:brock4

:braun

AJ Styles

Roode

Samoa Joe (get well soon)

:nak

Both Raw and SD Tag Team Divisions

NXT

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
I'm actually close to breaking point and how things go in the coming weeks will probably decide. I'm loving Braun but if they start jobbing him out I'm done. I barely watch Smackdown right now at all tbh, even AJ isn't keeping me watching. I like Finn but can't stand Wyatt in a "go away heat" kind of way so that was no fun. Meh about the Shield tag team stuff tbh. Cena got me interested in the Reigns match but I dunno, I'm finding more and more than I'm watching other wrestling and less WWE and I'm usually the total opposite.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
NxT is consistently either good to awesome.
Braun Strowman is entertaining as hell.
AJ Styles, because he is frikkin AJ Styles.
All Shield members for the first time since they were all together as The Shield, like Ambrose and Rollins as a tag team, and Roman is kind of on the side but I actually like him now more than I have, not sure if it's pity at this point but i'll take it.
The tag divison on both brands is pretty good, New Day and the Uso's are just great together and I wish they would never stop having matches, I would watch a 60 minute Iron Men Tag match between the two teams.
Raw in general is pretty okay at times, it goes through ups and down but overall I been getting some enjoyment out of it.
The women division, while the main roster womens division has it's on and off again moments the Mae Young Classic is in full swing and I have been digging the female talent so much more.

Think that's it

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
NXT is good right now. And with the addition of Adam Cole and ReDragon it's gonna be even better.

205 Live is great too. The show gets alot of flak and I don't understand why honestly but I do think it's one of the better things WWE is doing right now.

I love all the Torney's there doing now. It's something different for the E and I like that.

I love Seth and Dean's Run as Tag Champs. It's nice seeing my faves kicking ass and getting decent booking.

Glad Bobby Roode got sent to SD Live as I think he's needed there more than Raw.

Have Yet to Watch the Mae Young Classic but I'm sure it'll be lit.

I like Main Event too. It's a recap show with a couple of random matches thrown in but the workrate lover in me loves to watch the matches.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Brock, Braun, AJ, and Joe.

Also watching John Cena emasculate Roman Reigns savagely

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
:ambrose5

:rollins

:reigns

The Ambrollins storyline cos it's the best written angle they've done in a long long time.

Drew McIntyre getting another chance and succeeding.

The Mae Young Classic, awesome to see women from all over the world in it.

Reactions: The Raw Smackdown

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Braun is the only guy I'm interested in atm. Used to be a fan of Cesaro,Ziggler,Bray,Dean,Seth,Zayn,Owens,Balor,Styles,Sasha,Bayley,Charlotte,Nakamura among others but they have found a way to ruin just about everyone for me except Braun and to a lesser extent Joe.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
NXT
Braun vs. Lesnar.

·
Registered
32,262 Posts
1. I like that they've been doing more backstage fights, locker room skits, and backstage interviews

2. The heavyweight scene on Raw.

3. Us title scene on SmackDown

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.